Sponsored by:

Question about gt3 Rs wing

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2016, 02:41 AM
hypeber
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Question about gt3 Rs wing

I was told that the wing's side color is depend on the wheels color. I am ordering a ultraviolet with black satin wheels, however the config still shows silver when I picked black wheels. I did some browsing online, Most of them does match but some of them has silver wheels but black wing side. Some of them has black wheels and silver wing side ? And I don't see option that. Can pick the wing side color.

Here are the two examples:

Silver rims with black wing side

Black wheels with silver wing side
Old 02-05-2016, 04:03 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 419 Likes on 197 Posts

Ultraviolet comes with silver as standard.

Wheels color doesn't matter.

You can paint the silver ones or order them for Lava, they are black.
Old 02-05-2016, 08:52 AM
the-missile
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=hypeber;12989315]I was told that the wing's side color is depend on the wheels color. I am ordering a ultraviolet with black satin wheels, however the config still shows silver when I picked black wheels. I did some browsing online, Most of them does match but some of them has silver wheels but black wing side. Some of them has black wheels and silver wing side ? And I don't see option that. Can pick the wing side color.

Expensive CXX option to get it done from the factory as whatever the wheel color you will choose it will come as aluminium finish by default.
if factory done only is not an issue, order a spare one from a lava orange or get it paint by your dealer...
Old 02-05-2016, 11:00 AM
hypeber
Instructor

[QUOTE=the-missile;12989563]
Originally Posted by hypeber
I was told that the wing's side color is depend on the wheels color. I am ordering a ultraviolet with black satin wheels, however the config still shows silver when I picked black wheels. I did some browsing online, Most of them does match but some of them has silver wheels but black wing side. Some of them has black wheels and silver wing side ? And I don't see option that. Can pick the wing side color.

Expensive CXX option to get it done from the factory as whatever the wheel color you will choose it will come as aluminium finish by default.
if factory done only is not an issue, order a spare one from a lava orange or get it paint by your dealer...
so strange though, the macau dealership called hk dealership for me and said they all get silver. He said he will put in the order for me and ask to see if it can be black.
Old 02-05-2016, 07:11 PM
wsy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UV comes with silver uprights, and does not give you the option to configure it. I had to order the black ones from the dealer, very expensive for what it is. Now I gotta figure out what's the part number for the bottom 3 screws in black (I got the upper screws in black). Parts at my local dealer does not know...

Old 02-05-2016, 09:36 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

^^What mine will look like. I ordered the black upright. It was around $1600 if I am not mistaken. Black wheels. I should have pictures in couple weeks. oh, blacked out LED headlight.
Old 02-05-2016, 09:41 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wsy
UV comes with silver uprights, and does not give you the option to configure it. I had to order the black ones from the dealer, very expensive for what it is. Now I gotta figure out what's the part number for the bottom 3 screws in black (I got the upper screws in black). Parts at my local dealer does not know...

Looks like its parked out in front of GTA In Detail? Did you get the clear bra or C Quartz finest? Looks fantastic!!!
Old 02-05-2016, 11:35 PM
wsy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
Looks like its parked out in front of GTA In Detail? Did you get the clear bra or C Quartz finest? Looks fantastic!!!
Good eyes!! Yes I just got clear bra and C-Quartz from Marco and Kevin this week.
Old 02-06-2016, 02:04 AM
CanadaRS
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

1680.00 us what I paid for the cxx option of black uprights . Note to also change the rear decal to black another ridiculous cost of 360.00 for a black GT3 RS sticker but it is the right look.
Old 02-06-2016, 06:44 AM
hypeber
Instructor

Originally Posted by CanadaRS
1680.00 us what I paid for the cxx option of black uprights . Note to also change the rear decal to black another ridiculous cost of 360.00 for a black GT3 RS sticker but it is the right look.
I don't even have the option to pick for now. I put my order and they will help me as the factory can i get black instead of silver. The sticker I think they sell it at sun coast parts I think. Let's wait and see, if not I will just order a black uprights and bolts afterwards or maybe paint it.

Quick Reply: Question about gt3 Rs wing