Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

OT: Audi vs. BMW vs. Mercedes-Benz

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 04:53 AM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,337 Likes on 704 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
^ had B5 B6 S4, RS6. S6 avant S4 avant ok cars, but panamera is way better for me.
Fortunately I don't need a 4 door saloon to transport wife and kiddies.
That said, my original comments stand regarding recent cars from Audi, MB, and BMW.
There are all so uninspired that I can't get excited about any of them. The panamerera, while it is a nicely performing saloon, it's also ugly as hell compared to similar offerings from MB/Audi/BMW.

In summary, there is no interesting 4-door saloon on the market today. Nothing that is worth the price or that inspires any passion. Maybe the upcoming alfa, but its turbo, heavy, and possibly unreliable, so I'm not holding my breath.

Right now, I'm ready to just buy a telsa as a DD (which gives you carpool lane access in CA), and also for times with a group of friends.

Telsa for DD + GT3 for weekend/track car is a great combo, and Tesla holding their value well.
I'm just not inspired at all by recent offerings from MB/Audi/BMW, as all of their recent cars are boring, and not worth the purchase price, and they will all be worth only 50% of sticker price in 2-3 years, anyway.

Last edited by Drifting; 01-31-2016 at 03:34 PM.
Old 01-31-2016, 05:48 AM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 133 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Drifting
Fortunately I don't need a 4 door saloon to transport wife and kiddies. That said, my original comments stand regarding recent cars from Audi, MB, and BMW. There are all so uninspired that I can't get excited about any of them. The panamerera, while it is a nicely performing saloon, it's also ugly as hell compared to similar offerings from MB/Audi/BMS. In summary, there is no interesting 4-door saloon on the market today. Nothing that is worth the price or that inspires any passion. Maybe, the upcoming alfa, but its turbo, heavy, and possibly unreliable, so I'm not holding my breath. Right now, I'm ready to just buy a telsa as a DD (which gives you carpool lane access in CA), and also for date nights and times with group of friends. Telsa for DD + GT3 for weekend/track car is a great combo, and Tesla holding their value well. I'm just not inspired at all by recent offerings from MB/Audi/BMW, as all of their recent cars are boring, and not worth the purchase price, and they will all be worth only 50% of sticker price in 2-3 years, anyway.
^Truth of the day.^ They are all the same. When I lived in Europe these cars makes sense and a fast saloon/station wagon or SUV is fun on the Autobahn. Buy one and do ED and then sell it and buy a Tesla when you get back to the US. Tesla run out of battery fast when you average 120mph. You have to love espresso or latte when waiting for it to charge. 😃
Old 02-03-2016, 10:44 AM
pavster
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Audi is the only one with a decent family-friendly non-SUV offering - i.e. the A7 and it variants. I have two little boys and my A7 is the perfect car for short to medium length trips. Considered (and still considering) a Panamera for same purpose but its much smaller trunk and posh interior make it not as interesting. The A7 is plenty fun to drive with the family in tow - boys love that instant supercharged torque and steering is quite amazing for such a large car.

Nothing beats the versatility and space of a minivan for really long drives so we have one of those as well.
Old 02-03-2016, 01:11 PM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 137 Posts

agree....i tried all the german 4 door variants....they're all bad.

If you need 4 doors - get a range rover sport. Im happy with my SVR so far.
Old 02-03-2016, 01:25 PM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by -eztrader-
agree....i tried all the german 4 door variants....they're all bad.

If you need 4 doors - get a range rover sport. Im happy with my SVR so far.
Then you owe it to yourself to watch this.

Quick Reply: OT: Audi vs. BMW vs. Mercedes-Benz