Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has taken their wing off to WRAP...?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 12:33 PM
Cbwell
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

AC Satco had his wing tips wrapped, maybe ping him and see how his installers did it. I don't think you need to take them off.
Old 01-14-2016, 12:54 PM
Ducati1199
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Detailed Designs
If they can't figure it out, tell them to stop and you want to come get your car immediately....it is that straight forward.
LOL - that's funny (and very true)!!
Old 01-14-2016, 08:10 PM
inactiveuser7616
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It is obvious once it is removed. If they can't figure it out, tell them to stop and you want to come get your car immediately....it is that straight forward.
This is what I'm doing at this point. Unfortunately I'm learning the hard and expensive way that these guys did a great job selling me but have zero experience with PPF and vinyl.
Old 01-14-2016, 08:11 PM
inactiveuser7616
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Cbwell
AC Satco had his wing tips wrapped, maybe ping him and see how his installers did it. I don't think you need to take them off.
Thanks bud
Old 01-14-2016, 09:39 PM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilT3
This is what I'm doing at this point. Unfortunately I'm learning the hard and expensive way that these guys did a great job selling me but have zero experience with PPF and vinyl.
Oh no...

I'd like to include this one additional bit. The first time someone does something, like remove that spoiler, it will and should take longer than an experienced tech would take. I hope I did not come across as if they should naturally know how to do everything as there is a first time for everyone.

Obviously, you're in touch with what they do not fully understand at this point. It may be wise to limit what they remove if you feel they are not very competent. There is not an inexpensive part on these cars should something be broken and sometimes less is more.

Too, if they are inexperienced with PPF, request that zero trimming be done. You'd rather have flappy and loose edges to the PPF than cut paint. A poor film job can be removed , but a cut...well...

I wish you the best on a tough scenario.
Old 01-14-2016, 10:56 PM
inactiveuser7616
Three Wheelin'

Oh no...

I'd like to include this one additional bit. The first time someone does something, like remove that spoiler, it will and should take longer than an experienced tech would take. I hope I did not come across as if they should naturally know how to do everything as there is a first time for everyone.

Obviously, you're in touch with what they do not fully understand at this point. It may be wise to limit what they remove if you feel they are not very competent. There is not an inexpensive part on these cars should something be broken and sometimes less is more.

Too, if they are inexperienced with PPF, request that zero trimming be done. You'd rather have flappy and loose edges to the PPF than cut paint. A poor film job can be removed , but a cut...well...

I wish you the best on a tough scenario.
Thanks bud. The owner and I just don't see eye to eye and my expectations are higher than most 'normal' people. Lol

Quick Reply: Who has taken their wing off to WRAP...?