Sponsored by:

Track Pads...

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2018, 04:28 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 419 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheRuminator
Follow up on RE10s first track day at Road America. I thought the bite was maybe slightly less in the beginning but easy to adjust to. They felt strong all day without fade, and minimal wear which was much better than the stock pads. I’m really impressed that they have never been noisy before bedding, after bedding, at the track, or street driving since. I used the same stock rotors that had been used for 2 sets of stock pads and there are no problems with judder, etc. The stock pads actually squeaked a lot. Happy so far.
Glad you liked them and thanks for updating!
Old 01-02-2019, 11:04 PM
wmond
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Anyone have any experience with the Raybestos ST-43 pads?

I thought after reading this thread and using the search function, that I know y’all appreciate, I thought I was ready to order the RE10 pads. I have a new 991.2 GT3, probably get 3 DE events a year (maybe 9 track days total), and otherwise street Daily driver type use. I’m not swapping pads just for the DE events, so I need something that will last on the track and be usable for DD, I do understand that requires a compromise for both uses.

So, looking for anyone with Raybestos ST43 experience. I already spoke to Clark at Apex, I know he likes the Raybestos, but was looking for some confirmation, a second opinion if you will. I’m planning on running the OEM pads until they need to be replaced, and sticking with the steel OEM rotors until they need replacing too. Thanks in advance.

Old 03-08-2019, 02:52 PM
gassian
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

also looking for feedback on ST43 with Girodisc.. swapping the PCCB out
my track visits will be about 5-8 times a year, not a pro or anything
do not want to sacrifice daily use of it either as far as noise

once i get hold off Clark i will place my order
Old 11-02-2021, 01:49 PM
driIve
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I know, I know, reviving yet another old thread. Looking for more user inputs on Raybestos ST43. I'm swapping out to Girodisc as well and my tech says Raybestos is what Girodisc recommends. I have heard performance is moderate/good but noise can be an issue. My buddy ran Raybestos track pads and he says the noise is unbearable. I think ST43 is the "intermediate" which isn't as noisy on the streets?
Old 11-02-2021, 01:55 PM
gassian
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by driIve
I know, I know, reviving yet another old thread. Looking for more user inputs on Raybestos ST43. I'm swapping out to Girodisc as well and my tech says Raybestos is what Girodisc recommends. I have heard performance is moderate/good but noise can be an issue. My buddy ran Raybestos track pads and he says the noise is unbearable. I think ST43 is the "intermediate" which isn't as noisy on the streets?
I personally do not mind the noise every here and there...it performed pretty well on the track for me
but again, it all depends how much that noise will bother you (simple response i gave is "Race car" )
The following users liked this post:
driIve (11-02-2021)
Old 11-02-2021, 02:11 PM
SmokinGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by driIve
I would leave the Girodisc on and go to RE-10 pads. I had fantastic luck with these on the track and street.
driIve (11-02-2021)
Old 11-02-2021, 04:09 PM
IPGJames
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

ST43's are an awesome pad from my experience, great endurance pad which equates to long life in the way a lot of us use them and offer consistent stopping characteristics regardless of heat or life. I have used them on quite a few cars over the years.

They will be squeaky on the street though, Brake dust is no more or less better than alternatives in its class.
driIve (11-02-2021)
Old 11-04-2021, 12:21 AM
Rick GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 76 Posts

you should consider Ferodo 3.12 or PFC11, both GREAT pads for DE. Had used them both on my GT3 & RS.

Quick Reply: Track Pads...