Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big Bro, Little Bro

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2015 | 06:37 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Originally Posted by Serge944
This would make nearly every new car on the market too plush - you haven't driven enough cars to make such a statement.

Spend 12k miles behind the wheel of a McLaren 12C/650S and nearly every sports car won't be plush enough when you want to be isolated.
I'm not sure I want to be isolated.

I put 22k miles on a 993 with straight pipes, solid engine mounts, LWFW, etc etc.

8k miles on a 997 GT3 with a track pipe

6k miles on a 991 GT3 with catless headers and a bypass

And I've test driven other cars that are tamer. Walked away from them. No fun.
Old 12-14-2015 | 07:29 PM
CDinSing
Rennlist Member

Did a similar comparison with a friends GT4. It is a smaller interior and more intimate driving experience. The short throw shifter and ability to see the corners of the car make it a fun street car. I imagine it would be fun at the track a s well, but we both came away liking our own cars better.
Attached Images  
Old 12-14-2015 | 08:26 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Same experience here. My business partner bought a GT4 and we drove each other's cars. I enjoyed the feeling of driving a slightly smaller, slightly more nimble car, and the manual shifter is perfect. The GT4 is a great car.

However I wouldn't give up the torque, proper low gears, and open cabin of the GT3.

Also PDK-S rocks. Is the closest thing to a manual, and the GT4 wing looks a bit aftermarket. It's not perfectly integrated into the car like the GT3.
Old 12-14-2015 | 08:31 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Drifting
the GT4 wing looks a bit aftermarket. It's not perfectly integrated into the car like the GT3.
Same can be said about the RS wing,but with larger uprights. The GT3 is the only one to have the wing integrated.
I actually prefer it the way it is in the GT4 and RS,it makes it more like a Cup car wing.
Old 12-14-2015 | 08:35 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Originally Posted by slm
I have a McLaren, GT3 and just got a GT4. I really like the GT4, but...

The GT3 is much more enjoyable and more capable to me. Better engine sound. great accleration. Cabin materials and layout are similar, but GT3 does feel much larger. I have wanted to like the GT4 more. It is a great car! Feels light. Nice 6 speed transmission. Handles well. Compared to the other 2 in the garage, I just did not get my interest. Decided to trade it for a Targa GTS - need an open top car.
^This. I have seen the GT4 and it does not look big at all. It's same size as the regular Cayman to my eyes.
Old 12-14-2015 | 08:47 PM
lumber
Burning Brakes

I picked up a gt4 a couple weeks ago and already have 2k miles on it. I think it's a better car than the gt3 on the road due to the gt3 loving to rev. I find myself getting into potential trouble with the gt3, where as the gt4 is a blast at any speed.
So much so that I ordered a spyder...

Quick Reply: Big Bro, Little Bro