Sponsored by:

Powder coated and striped

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2015, 02:42 PM
inactiveuser7616
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer
Why does it say "PT3" on the side of the car in the rendering?
Lol... I know this may be a controversial subject...

But, my moniker I've been using since a child is PT3. My initials (no middle name) and I'm the 3rd. It's on my business cards, email signature, all my bespoke clothes, Linkedin profile, everywhere and been using for 25-30 years. Colleagues and friends call me 'PT3' or 'PT' for short.

So, when I decided to buy a 'toy' and opted for the GT3... I was thinking of ways to personalize it and just have some fun with it. And I knew I wanted to put 'PT3' on it somewhere...but didn't want it too big...or too small. I thought the door would be cool. Worst case... I can take it off.

Please refrain from 'flaming'. If you don't like it, no worries. It's not for anyone but me.

Cheers!
Old 12-12-2015, 02:43 PM
inactiveuser7616
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 991 GT3
I have also read a lot that painting is better than powder coat but its done and looks good, don't sweat it!.
How much to have powder coat done?
Drop them a line for a quote. I don't want to misrepresent anyone.

Service@straightenswheelrepair.com
Old 12-12-2015, 02:46 PM
inactiveuser7616
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 16'991GT3
Phil love the look, something different than the usual, can't wait to see how the rest turns out!
Thanks bud. I've always played it rather 'safe' with visual mods. So this time I'm trying a few things that may be a bit 'bold'. I'd rather give it a try and change it than just do the same things again.
Old 12-12-2015, 03:56 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,019 Likes on 284 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilT3
Lol... I know this may be a controversial subject... But, my moniker I've been using since a child is PT3. My initials (no middle name) and I'm the 3rd. It's on my business cards, email signature, all my bespoke clothes, Linkedin profile, everywhere and been using for 25-30 years. Colleagues and friends call me 'PT3' or 'PT' for short. So, when I decided to buy a 'toy' and opted for the GT3... I was thinking of ways to personalize it and just have some fun with it. And I knew I wanted to put 'PT3' on it somewhere...but didn't want it too big...or too small. I thought the door would be cool. Worst case... I can take it off. Please refrain from 'flaming'. If you don't like it, no worries. It's not for anyone but me. Cheers!
I just wanted to make sure you didn't finish the car and have a moment like this...

Do what you want! It's your car!
Old 12-12-2015, 04:07 PM
inactiveuser7616
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by sgroer
I just wanted to make sure you didn't finish the car and have a moment like this...

Snickers Chefs - YouTube

Do what you want! It's your car!

Lol. Thanks bud! That video is great!
Old 12-12-2015, 09:12 PM
allans
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilT3
Lol... I know this may be a controversial subject...

But, my moniker I've been using since a child is PT3. My initials (no middle name) and I'm the 3rd. It's on my business cards, email signature, all my bespoke clothes, Linkedin profile, everywhere and been using for 25-30 years. Colleagues and friends call me 'PT3' or 'PT' for short.

So, when I decided to buy a 'toy' and opted for the GT3... I was thinking of ways to personalize it and just have some fun with it. And I knew I wanted to put 'PT3' on it somewhere...but didn't want it too big...or too small. I thought the door would be cool. Worst case... I can take it off.

Please refrain from 'flaming'. If you don't like it, no worries. It's not for anyone but me.

Cheers!
Great moniker, keep it. Best, Allan
Old 12-13-2015, 02:10 AM
inactiveuser7616
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by allans
Great moniker, keep it. Best, Allan
Much appreciation bud!

Quick Reply: Powder coated and striped