Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RS demand

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 11:42 PM
T-Mac
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I just received an allocation for a GT3 RS. It is over MSRP, but FAR less over than I am seeing at other Southern California dealers. Where is everyone getting a GT3 RS at MSRP? I'll gladly give you $25k over for a Lava Orange!

Let the offers begin!
Old 12-02-2015, 01:20 AM
Laguna_Dude
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by T-Mac
So I just received an allocation for a GT3 RS. It is over MSRP, but FAR less over than I am seeing at other Southern California dealers. Where is everyone getting a GT3 RS at MSRP? I'll gladly give you $25k over for a Lava Orange!

Let the offers begin!
Congrats!!
Old 12-02-2015, 01:47 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,081 Likes on 2,332 Posts

Let the offers begin!
Congrats, can you tell use the name of the dealer that gave you the allocation?
Old 12-02-2015, 02:19 AM
loungedog
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
Hello loungedog,

Congratulations on a stunning new toy! Welcome to the club! I hope you got yours at MSRP.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Thank you for your support and know kinds words.

The RS is incredible to drive even at 5000 rpm break in speeds.

The RS starts in Canada at $201,000 CDN. Picked up my car loaded at $230,000 CDN...that's $170,000 US. Amazing deal!!!
Attached Images  
Old 12-02-2015, 02:25 AM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 137 Posts

Let the offers begin!

congrats! how much over?
Old 12-05-2015, 09:36 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by loungedog

The RS starts in Canada at $201,000 CDN. Picked up my car loaded at $230,000 CDN...that's $170,000 US. Amazing deal!!!
I see Pfaff McLaren has a UV RS used for sale.
Old 12-05-2015, 11:20 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by loungedog

Hello loungedog,

All I can say is WOW-WOW-WEE! Just awesome. You have to discipline yourself on the break-in period. Car wants to run and very easy to go beyond the 5,000RPM mark.

Relax and enjoy one of the greatest toys on earth!

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Old 12-05-2015, 12:18 PM
hughp3
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I like the clear tails. I did not order with mine but I like the look. enjoy!
Old 12-06-2015, 07:42 AM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

There are currently 10 RS's on Ebay! All of which have crazy asking prices ranging from $325K to $399k. All standard colors are represented, LO, UV, Silver and White. With 10 of them avail, that makes me think demand is starting to wain and the speculators might be lowering their prices soon as they are not only starting to sit at these prices. But also more and more are flooding the market. These prices are absurd, so hopefully they sit a bit longer! But just thought it was interesting to see so many of them on the market. I have a feeling we'll be seeing them sub 300K in the not too distant future.
Old 12-06-2015, 09:30 AM
Tre
Racer

I'll always be curious if the elephant in the room significantly helped contribute to this issue. I'm sure the 7.2 4.0 valuation is certainly a variable at play, but I'd assume that a large portion of the initial wave of deliveries were to the VIP clientele since they had the first allocations. Many of those must have been the initial bulk of SIGNIFICANTLY marked up cars on the market in Sept and Oct. We will never know, but speculation on how the VIP program plays into this is certainly warranted.
Old 12-06-2015, 09:45 AM
991 GT3
Racer

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Congrats, can you tell use the name of the dealer that gave you the allocation?
Don't think you'd do this USCtrojan but recently I recall a rennlister had a 4.0 locked in , no deposit but car being held for him, and was excited and posting about it. About a day later some Tool trolling Rennlist called and upped the price and bought it. Of course this is just another story of dealers having no ethics. I'd keep that info confidential until I was sitting in the buckets.
Old 12-06-2015, 10:12 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,081 Likes on 2,332 Posts

Originally Posted by 991 GT3
Don't think you'd do this USCtrojan but recently I recall a rennlister had a 4.0 locked in , no deposit but car being held for him, and was excited and posting about it. About a day later some Tool trolling Rennlist called and upped the price and bought it. Of course this is just another story of dealers having no ethics. I'd keep that info confidential until I was sitting in the buckets.
Fair enough...given what some scumbag stealerships are willing to do and capable of I can respect that.
Old 12-06-2015, 10:17 AM
est8esq
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Break-in??

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
Hello loungedog,

All I can say is WOW-WOW-WEE! Just awesome. You have to discipline yourself on the break-in period. Car wants to run and very easy to go beyond the 5,000RPM mark.

Relax and enjoy one of the greatest toys on earth!

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Not to raise the sage old question, but who is "breaking in" their RS?

I thought (at least with Porsches, anyway) you're supposed to drive them the way you're going to drive them at "hello."

Break-in for my 991 GT3 was one warm up lap at the track?? Can't reasonably comment on long term effect because obviously shortly later they decided to replace the entire engine anyway.

I have ZERO intention of doing anything different w/ the RS... that is unless someone has compelling information to suggest otherwise?

Admittedly, I've taken the time to "break-in" my Viper due to overwhelming suggestions of engine failures if you don't. Changed oil at 500 miles as suggested and found significant metal flakes. Changed oil again at 1000 to check and still some metal in filter, but at least oil color was perfect.

BTW, anyone out there seeing any difference in oil consumption on the RS or smoke at start up compared to the regular GT3?
Old 12-06-2015, 11:40 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by est8esq
Not to raise the sage old question, but who is "breaking in" their RS?

I thought (at least with Porsches, anyway) you're supposed to drive them the way you're going to drive them at "hello."

Break-in for my 991 GT3 was one warm up lap at the track?? Can't reasonably comment on long term effect because obviously shortly later they decided to replace the entire engine anyway.

I have ZERO intention of doing anything different w/ the RS... that is unless someone has compelling information to suggest otherwise?

Admittedly, I've taken the time to "break-in" my Viper due to overwhelming suggestions of engine failures if you don't. Changed oil at 500 miles as suggested and found significant metal flakes. Changed oil again at 1000 to check and still some metal in filter, but at least oil color was perfect.

BTW, anyone out there seeing any difference in oil consumption on the RS or smoke at start up compared to the regular GT3?
The head of Porsche GT cars standing in front of a crowd at Rennsport in California and saying - "don't do that"

that is the compelling info to me.

guidance was follow break-in recommendations for first 1k miles or so, then drive like stole it after proper oil warm up. But for first 1k miles or so follow break-in.
Old 12-06-2015, 12:07 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 991 GT3
+1
I shared my dealer contact info with a RL member and they called my dealership and complained.

Quick Reply: RS demand