Sponsored by:

RS roll cage for NA market

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 11:52 AM
CJMB
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS roll cage for NA market

I'm trying to purchase the roll cage Porsche Motorsports installs in its EU vehicles for the 991 GT3 RS. I called the dealership and they said Porsche installs a back piece in the factory and they won't sell it to the NA market due to regulations.

Can anyone help with this? I really want to install the Porsche Motorsport roll cage.
Old 11-18-2015, 12:33 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

You should check with FVD Brombacher (http://www.fvd.de) or someone like that. They may be able to get the pieces for you, but my understanding is that they need to be welded into the car. You may be better off just getting a cage from GMG or Cantrell.
Old 11-18-2015, 02:17 PM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

or BBI autosports
Old 11-18-2015, 02:37 PM
CanadaRS
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CJMB
I'm trying to purchase the roll cage Porsche Motorsports installs in its EU vehicles for the 991 GT3 RS. I called the dealership and they said Porsche installs a back piece in the factory and they won't sell it to the NA market due to regulations.

Can anyone help with this? I really want to install the Porsche Motorsport roll cage.
You can not even order the back CS Bar at a dealer in Germany, factory install only.
I can send you part numbers but no dealer will be able to supply.
I installed a KA Motorsports cage, ordered the harness from Schroth since Porsche only supplies red, imported polycarbonate side and rear glass from Porsche. None of these items will be available through a Canadian or US Porsche dealer.
Old 11-18-2015, 03:20 PM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 114 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by CJMB

Happy to supply you with our GMG roll bar which was modeled after the 991 Cup car.....we can add the front section as well if you want the complete setup.

My email is James@gmgracing.com if you want to discuss in greater detail.

Thanks,

James F. Sofronas | President & Owner
Global Motorsports Group ™
E: james@gmgracing.com
P: +1 (714) 432-1582
F: +1 (714) 432-1590
A: 3210 South Shannon Street, Santa Ana, California 92704
W: gmgracing.com

Quick Reply: RS roll cage for NA market