Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake Squeeel

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2015 | 12:47 PM
Richard.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KA MOTORSPORT
The OE pads that come on higher performance cars these days seem to have a focus to operate at higher temps for performance vs being completely "noise free".

It's definitely worth a try, and plus it would help bed the brakes in (if they aren't bedded already).
Could you please answer the question, its a known fact that these brake pads squeal at low temps and there is not much one can do about that but change the pads, alternative recommendations pls ?
Old 12-29-2015 | 01:02 PM
KA MOTORSPORT
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Richard.
Could you please answer the question, its a known fact that these brake pads squeal at low temps and there is not much one can do about that but change the pads, alternative recommendations pls ?
Hard braking will raise the temp and eliminate some of the squealing but its really about operating temperature. Also this might be not very practical in everyday use.
Many of our clients use a designated street pad that also works for light track use, and used a track pad on the weekends. I know this is not the most convenient solution but it is one.

The pad we recommend for that has great street characteristics as well as perform well with light track use. They produce very little dust and no squeal.
Old 12-29-2015 | 02:35 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

I have an attorney friend. He once told me of a client that bought a new TTS and complained of brake squeal. The dealer couldn't fix it, so he lemon-lawed it. Successfully.

Some people...
Old 12-29-2015 | 02:44 PM
Richard.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KA MOTORSPORT

The pad we recommend for that has great street characteristics as well as perform well with light track use. They produce very little dust and no squeal.
& these part numbers are exactly which, from whom ? aren't you supposed to be selling parts or is it a secret ?
Old 12-29-2015 | 03:03 PM
KA MOTORSPORT
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Richard.
& these part numbers are exactly which, from whom ? aren't you supposed to be selling parts or is it a secret ?
Sorry Richard

I should have mentioned it. I thought I did before but it was in another thread.

The Pad I am referring to and recommend is the Race Technologies TS20.
We have them stocked for most applications

The TS20 is a great dual purpose pad. It combines an aggressive initial bite , good heat resistance all while keeping dust and noise to a minimum.
Old 12-29-2015 | 03:18 PM
Richard.
Rennlist Member

Thanks Sir

Quick Reply: Brake Squeeel