Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by -eztrader-
a few things need to be deleted..

clear tail lights are awful
red gauges are awful
center council in carbon fiber - waste
carbon interior package- waste
$3700 headlight option -waste
Yeah...I hear you. I guess you missed where I mentioned it's already built. No can change. Oh well. I'm taking it anyway. I can always change the tail lights and gauges.
As for the CF... I do like it. But wouldn't have spec'd it. No biggie.
And yes, I agree in the LED's. But again, oh well.

Otherwise, I appreciate your excitement for me. Don't worry, you didn't rain on my parade. ; )
Old 11-17-2015, 01:57 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by GregJGT3
The allocation and your joy to receive is great, congratulations.

As to what's up with the allocation, with extra cost Bluetooth telephone, telephone module, sport chrono, etc. they really loaded it with extra cost goodies. I wouldn't put it past Pirsche to say "hey we've got a bunch of cost option extras on the shelf (already ordered from the supplier) and nobodies ordered them so let's load up a bunch of cars spec'ed to use them up and maximize profit. With no cars available and still demand they will go no problem - and the buyer will think they scored." Smells like the ole 30 extra PTS GT3 cars that showed up pre-spec'ed with items not usually ordered ready to go to willing hands
Well, you all know my theory- these "extra" GT3's were meant to be GT3RS's but parts availability (like ultra expensive crank) just couldn't meet the original production quota for the RS. So crank out a few extra GT3's and burn through the inventory- problem solved.

In any case, nice score for the OP no matter what!
Old 11-17-2015, 02:03 AM
SmokinGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 115 Posts

Very nice build, you will like the carbon....The LWB are comfortable after you add a little padding to the lumbar area.
Old 11-17-2015, 02:05 AM
inactiveuser7616
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by montoya
Well, you all know my theory- these "extra" GT3's were meant to be GT3RS's but parts availability (like ultra expensive crank) just couldn't meet the original production quota for the RS. So crank out a few extra GT3's and burn through the inventory- problem solved.

In any case, nice score for the OP no matter what!
This theory makes sense. Curious to see who else may get an 'extra'.

Also something to note- I WAS 2nd on the list. Last week I reached out to my sales guy asking if he was getting any used ones in. Told him I was going to buy a used one and still keep my spot on the list and I'd buy the new one and trade in or sell the used one. Now all the sudden they get an extra one....? Convenient timing.....?
Old 11-17-2015, 02:09 AM
inactiveuser7616
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by SmokinGTS
Very nice build, you will like the carbon....The LWB are comfortable after you add a little padding to the lumbar area.
I'm more concerned with the WIDTH in the upper back and shoulder area.
I'm a 52+ jacket and 40 waist (have to get my clothes bespoke made if I don't want to look like I'm wearing bags)
All those years of football and power lifting are coming back to haunt me. Doh!!!

I'm hoping they stretch out like new shoes! Lol
Old 11-17-2015, 03:13 AM
ajw45
Three Wheelin'

Received 322 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilT3
Yeah...I hear you. I guess you missed where I mentioned it's already built. No can change. Oh well. I'm taking it anyway. I can always change the tail lights and gauges.
As for the CF... I do like it. But wouldn't have spec'd it. No biggie.
And yes, I agree in the LED's. But again, oh well.

Otherwise, I appreciate your excitement for me. Don't worry, you didn't rain on my parade. ; )
I love the cf! It might seem hard to spec from a value perspective but it looks awesome and adds to the specialness of the experience. I also have the cf illuminated door sills, wouldn't have spec'd them but am enjoying them all the same
Old 11-17-2015, 03:47 AM
16'991GT3
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a 52+ jacket and 40 waist (have to get my clothes bespoke made if I don't want to look like I'm wearing bags)
All those years of football and power lifting are coming back to haunt me. Doh!!!

PhilT3 congratulations buddy! Good to see you got a new GT3! I am almost similar in my measurements and I was able to fit comfortably in the LWBS when I went to PCNA experience center so you will probably be fine
Old 11-17-2015, 04:49 AM
Shahano
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice spec.. Congrats, you will love the LEDs I think they make a big diff in the way the car looks.
Old 11-17-2015, 07:21 AM
Alexey21
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in Collegeville. I think you're in Upper Darby area? You used to have a F10 M5...? You were on the M5post forum...?
While I still have my M5, I haven't been on the BMW forum for a long time. Too many punks asking how to afford an M. Lol
Yeah man. I got banned from there after my back and forth with stealth. I am actually a bit farther than collegeville as I am in Bucks County, but I shop at Porsche of Mainline. I've been waiting for a GT3 allocations now for what seems like a lifetime. I always though you were in Florida judging by the avatar picture. We should meet up sometime during local car meets.
Old 11-17-2015, 07:35 AM
ZZinger
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Have you ever sat in buckets? I am 6, 2" 260 lb and a 40" waist and I did not fit. I ordered mine with 18 ways being I didnt want to have issues fitting... You should try the seats to make sure you like them. Maybe other members could chime in on fitment.
Old 11-17-2015, 07:58 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

This looks like some one else's build. Probably some one who did not think was going to get an RS allocation and then it can thru
Old 11-17-2015, 08:17 AM
BlueGT3
Racer

Received 138 Likes on 55 Posts

pretty much identical to mine - no PCCBs or Sirus for me though
Old 11-17-2015, 10:59 AM
Birel22
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on finally scoring your GT3 with PCCBs!

It definitely was either a dealer spec (loaded to the hilt) or someones order who has chosen not to take delivery. The Porsche inventory theory makes sense as well but time will tell if/when we start seeing more of these "extras."
Old 11-17-2015, 11:14 AM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome, congrats.
Old 11-17-2015, 12:01 PM
OCturbo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by -eztrader-
a few things need to be deleted..

clear tail lights are awful
red gauges are awful
center council in carbon fiber - waste
carbon interior package- waste
$3700 headlight option -waste
I didn't option those on my car, but I was on the fence with carbon fiber interior and it looks great. A lot of people got the LED head lights and clear tail lights look really good on silver. Bottom line, the car has a lot of great options! Congrats

PS I sat in a RS with buckets last weekend and they were comfortable and I am a big guy

Quick Reply: Just got THE call...'Extra'...????