991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got THE call...'Extra'...????

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2015 | 04:01 PM
16'991GT3
Pro

Now that I have heard the inventory theory it makes sense, a couple months ago when i was on a search for an allocation, a dealer from NY told me they had an incoming GT3 with almost the same exact spec as this one not sure if its a coincidence or theres actually something to it
Old 11-17-2015 | 05:31 PM
Salj
Rennlist Member

At this time last year several identically optioned GT3s were given to select dealers. Each had the totally worthless Bluetooth module and handset.
Old 11-17-2015 | 05:56 PM
Dude-
Pro

Huge score man. 16's are not common. Congrats.
Old 11-17-2015 | 07:02 PM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Where do they put the handset now? Glove box or center console? At least there is not a phone on the center console next to the PCM - 997 worthy..

When I was spec'ing my car the mgr said you need bluetooth with handset. I thought how do politely say "nah I'm good"...

I think in terms of options- it sounds like a fun build! I think getting a car with all this crap is better than spec building bc you end up leaving a bunch off idk fwiw.. only money.

I was on the fence for GT Silver, but scoffed at the idea of being the only one now paying for GT Silver since the new 991.2 is a std charge etc., but I love how GT Silver looks and if I got a call saying hey you want a GT Silver car.. I'd say sign me up.. then send me the build sheet to see what I got. I think that is the current situation.

Beggars can't be choosers -
Old 11-17-2015 | 07:11 PM
Salj
Rennlist Member

Handset is in the console. Weird thing is that it keeps trying to connect with the module so it would cut out the voice of the standard Bluetooth. You need a separate number and SIM card for it to operate.
Old 11-17-2015 | 08:19 PM
Lodi
Burning Brakes

its going to be a beautiful car. CF is great and I even like the reg gauges. I assume you are getting it for MSRP. Since most dealer's are still asking 10 - 20K over for lightly used GT3s think of its as getting a bunch of free options. Enjoy!
Old 11-17-2015 | 08:27 PM
inactiveuser7616
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 16'991GT3
PhilT3 congratulations buddy! Good to see you got a new GT3! I am almost similar in my measurements and I was able to fit comfortably in the LWBS when I went to PCNA experience center so you will probably be fine
Really??? I sat in a GT4 with the LWBs today and I can fit, except my mid back hangs over.
I can probably make it work... Or will at least certainly try!!

My back and shoulders and thighs are VERY wide. My waist fit fine, my legs are OK, but because my middle back is very thick and wide and is the biggest issue and TIGHT. The shoulders are snug, but since the seat widens at the top, it's workable. It's just the middle back where my lats are that may get in the way of me effectively working the steering wheel. Guess I'll have to wait and see.

Last edited by inactiveuser7616; 11-17-2015 at 08:44 PM.
Old 11-17-2015 | 08:34 PM
inactiveuser7616
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Lodi
its going to be a beautiful car. CF is great and I even like the reg gauges. I assume you are getting it for MSRP. Since most dealer's are still asking 10 - 20K over for lightly used GT3s think of its as getting a bunch of free options. Enjoy!
Yeah. MSRP. And I agree with your perspective on it. I was getting pretty annoyed that all the used GT3's I wanted were OVER MSRP.
Old 11-17-2015 | 08:37 PM
inactiveuser7616
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Salj
Handset is in the console. Weird thing is that it keeps trying to connect with the module so it would cut out the voice of the standard Bluetooth. You need a separate number and SIM card for it to operate.
Wait... There's actually a friggin PHYSICAL HANDSET in the center console???!!?!? Tell me it's not hardware and I can remove it!?!

This is especially painful for me as I work for the leading enterprise virtualization software company. And in this day and age to think there's a physical handset in a car like this is BAFFLING!!

Lol.
Old 11-17-2015 | 08:38 PM
inactiveuser7616
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by German_Saint
Where do they put the handset now? Glove box or center console? At least there is not a phone on the center console next to the PCM - 997 worthy..

When I was spec'ing my car the mgr said you need bluetooth with handset. I thought how do politely say "nah I'm good"...

I think in terms of options- it sounds like a fun build! I think getting a car with all this crap is better than spec building bc you end up leaving a bunch off idk fwiw.. only money.

I was on the fence for GT Silver, but scoffed at the idea of being the only one now paying for GT Silver since the new 991.2 is a std charge etc., but I love how GT Silver looks and if I got a call saying hey you want a GT Silver car.. I'd say sign me up.. then send me the build sheet to see what I got. I think that is the current situation.

Beggars can't be choosers -
EXACTLY. 100%. Lol. Funny how my original 'budget' was $140k. Lol. They saw me coming a mile away!
Old 11-17-2015 | 09:14 PM
Salj
Rennlist Member

Default Handest

It is a snap-in wireless phone. You will likely keep it in your sock drawer.
Old 11-17-2015 | 09:51 PM
16'991GT3
Pro

Originally Posted by PhilT3
Really??? I sat in a GT4 with the LWBs today and I can fit, except my mid back hangs over.
I can probably make it work... Or will at least certainly try!!

My back and shoulders and thighs are VERY wide. My waist fit fine, my legs are OK, but because my middle back is very thick and wide and is the biggest issue and TIGHT. The shoulders are snug, but since the seat widens at the top, it's workable. It's just the middle back where my lats are that may get in the way of me effectively working the steering wheel. Guess I'll have to wait and see.
Ya i sat in a GT4 as my first experience with LWBS and i thought it was tight, but then when i sat in the Gt3 for a second go at the LWBS it felt comfortable, and I actually drove while in the Gt3 and it just felt right, it also looks sweet!
Old 11-17-2015 | 10:22 PM
inactiveuser7616
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 16'991GT3
Ya i sat in a GT4 as my first experience with LWBS and i thought it was tight, but then when i sat in the Gt3 for a second go at the LWBS it felt comfortable, and I actually drove while in the Gt3 and it just felt right, it also looks sweet!
I also have only sat in the Gt4 on two occasions.

I'm hoping I have the same experience you did.
Old 11-17-2015 | 10:23 PM
inactiveuser7616
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Salj
It is a snap-in wireless phone. You will likely keep it in your sock drawer.
Lol. Sometimes I don't understand those Germans! What a waste of $685.
Oh well.
Old 11-17-2015 | 11:53 PM
JoeGT3rs
Track Day

The factory always holds back a small percentage of special limited production models to allocate to dealers at the end of the production run. These cars are configured by the factory that is why you will see some unique configurations. They then are allocated to their Premier Dealers (and high volume dealers). Same situation with the RS. Porsche has been operating this way for years.

Congratulations on the GT3

Quick Reply: Just got THE call...'Extra'...????