Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good bye Porsche and rs bs

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 01:11 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know how you feel. Ferrari is an awesome car.
Old 11-17-2015, 03:47 PM
16'991GT3
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
Re-read my post. He secured a 488 GTB so great for him but it's not a 488 Speciale, which is the fair comp to an RS. Watch what happens with 488 Speciale allocations when they're finally released. It'll make getting an RS allocation look like child's play.

FWIW, my interactions with Porsche dealerships and salespeople have been a 100x better than with Ferrari.
Oh i see, my bad
Old 11-17-2015, 04:08 PM
The New 911
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by -eztrader-
Ferrari BS is just as deep as Porsche BS..

At the end of the day one car will make you happier to drive....do what you have to do to get it.
That is for sure. If you have the money for some special edition regardless of how much money you want to throw their way. Remember Ferrari are the one's who make One less car then world demand and have to actually be on their star list to ever receive a nod to buy one.
Old 11-17-2015, 06:07 PM
warpedrotor
Advanced

I have to say the ferrari dealer has been a pleasure to deal with. As I was leaving I noticed a lava rs in the window of the local Porsche dealer. Yup I went in. They were willing to let it go for 365. Oh they told me that's fair because other dealers are doing the same thing so they feel they should do it to. I felt like asking about jumping off bridges but bit my tong. They also told me that they will no longer do list that offer you a slot at msrp, instead the list will give you the right to get a phone call and to say yes or no to the price they decide to offer any future cool cars at. Oh joy!
Old 11-17-2015, 06:19 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congratulations on the 488. One of the most beautiful cars in the world imo. Aren't they hard to get as well?
Old 11-17-2015, 06:33 PM
Keith Verges - Dallas
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a theory that with Montezemolo gone 488 production will far exceed 458 production. The dealers may still try to play the availability game (local dealer here stores inventory indoors and out of site and one cannot just wander to see what's there), but I think over time 488s will be available enough that flexible and savvy dealers will take every sale they can get and not let real customers walk out.

That said, a game in the past has been to graciously take every order and deposit that comes in, only problem being car just never seems to come in until new model is announced and demand tapers. I have had friends who ordered a car and waited literally years.

Did you get any kind of commitment as to delivery and confirmation from factory on options or perhaps a VIN?

I really like the 488 a lot, and would certainly pick it over a GT3 RS at the same price.
Old 11-17-2015, 06:36 PM
Rovman
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Leadfoot01
In 2011 you could get a GT3RS with little to no markup. I think the 918 owner's program has now shifted the paradigm. Many 918 owners had no interest in actually owning their GT3RS's (or GT4's) and thus the speculative market was born. Almost 1/2 of the 406 RS's brought into the US this year went to 918 owners first. I realize that as a business proposition Porsche felt they had to initiate the 918 buyers program to move 918 units in the US--but that policy poisoned the well for the true enthusiast. They really promoted that program to me when I was on the fence between a 918 and a CGT back in 2013. Unfortunately, this program is going to continue this "market" adjustment on limited models for many years to come.
Bingo!!!!
Old 11-17-2015, 06:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by warpedrotor
As a life long Porsche customer I have been driven away by the disheartening rs situation. Today it's official as I just ordered a 488. I'm kind of sad to driven away from a brand i love but enough is enough and I feel relieved to not have to stalk this board and other places for a glimmer of hope on a car (rs) that I surely won't get or will get ripped of getting. My 2c
You are crazy to go to Ferrari if you don't like BS. Get a Lamborghini instead the dealers and community aren't such douchebags like many Ferrari people are.
Old 11-17-2015, 07:58 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 289 Likes on 159 Posts

A Ferrari 488 is like the RS in that you are not going to get an early production slot unless you have a strong relationship. Ferraris are made to order. A dealer cannot order one without a name on it. There are guys here with deposits with 3 different dealers. It the same game just played the other way.
Old 11-17-2015, 08:18 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,027 Likes on 2,296 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith Verges - Dallas
I have a theory that with Montezemolo gone 488 production will far exceed 458 production. The dealers may still try to play the availability game (local dealer here stores inventory indoors and out of site and one cannot just wander to see what's there), but I think over time 488s will be available enough that flexible and savvy dealers will take every sale they can get and not let real customers walk out.

That said, a game in the past has been to graciously take every order and deposit that comes in, only problem being car just never seems to come in until new model is announced and demand tapers. I have had friends who ordered a car and waited literally years.

Did you get any kind of commitment as to delivery and confirmation from factory on options or perhaps a VIN?

I really like the 488 a lot, and would certainly pick it over a GT3 RS at the same price.
The game changer with Ferrari is now they are publicly traded so they have shareholders to answer to. They aren't like Porsche that can hide behind other models that bring in the big revenues.
Old 11-17-2015, 08:22 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by carcommander
A Ferrari 488 is like the RS in that you are not going to get an early production slot unless you have a strong relationship. Ferraris are made to order. A dealer cannot order one without a name on it. There are guys here with deposits with 3 different dealers. It the same game just played the other way.
Oh you mean like how certain dealer ordered RSs without a live buyer and specs it trying to speculate to see how blood they can extract.
Old 11-17-2015, 08:35 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 632 Likes on 416 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
The game changer with Ferrari is now they are publicly traded so they have shareholders to answer to. They aren't like Porsche that can hide behind other models that bring in the big revenues.
Yet... I feel like we will eventually see a Ferrari SUV
Old 11-17-2015, 08:38 PM
991 GT3
Racer

Originally Posted by mwar99
Has everyone that always wanted a GT3 or GT3 RS gotten one in the past? As was stated in the post above it is supply and demand. There are constraints on any manufactured item. It's not that easy to just ramp up production of a car to meet demand. Some will get one some will not. Just because you have the means to buy one doesn't mean you are entitled to get one. Just my opinion of course and my dream car is sitting in my garage.
Last time I checked both are public traded companies owned by shareholders, not a cartel. WTF is the deal with all of the politicking and dealership antics and lack of integrity. I don't think the shareholders would appreciate this anti business / bottom line antics by pissing off very good customers that are what made both brands what they are today. Get a clue P AND F.
Old 11-17-2015, 08:39 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by warpedrotor
I have to say the ferrari dealer has been a pleasure to deal with. As I was leaving I noticed a lava rs in the window of the local Porsche dealer. Yup I went in. They were willing to let it go for 365. Oh they told me that's fair because other dealers are doing the same thing so they feel they should do it to. I felt like asking about jumping off bridges but bit my tong. They also told me that they will no longer do list that offer you a slot at msrp, instead the list will give you the right to get a phone call and to say yes or no to the price they decide to offer any future cool cars at. Oh joy!
Wow, only $365k? You should have asked where you should be wiring the funds because that is a STEAL. Let me guess which stealership this is? Auto Gallery? oh wait, maybe Champion? If not, then it's gotta be Beverly Hills right?
Old 11-17-2015, 08:41 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 991 GT3
Last time I checked both are public traded companies owned by shareholders, not a cartel. WTF is the deal with all of the politicking and dealership antics and lack of integrity. I don't think the shareholders would appreciate this anti business / bottom line antics by pissing off very good customers that are what made both brands what they are today. Get a clue P AND F.
PCNA/PAG needs to grow some ***** and reign in their dealers. Lead by example and don't let the stealers run wild.

Quick Reply: Good bye Porsche and rs bs