Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Airbag light just came on

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 01:44 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How frustrating. It sucks when these problems arise and you're more than 30 mins. away. I'm an hour away to the nearest dealer and 90 mins away from where I bought mine. So far no issue's. By the way, please keep us posted on the fix.
Old 12-28-2015, 03:26 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 633 Likes on 388 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisk1200
My GT3 was back to the shop again for this airbag issue. This is the 4th time for the same problem. After receiving a call from the dealer that it has been fixed I was extremely happy to go pick it up. Happiness lasted until I got in it to leave as the airbag light came on before reaching the end of the parking lot. The dealer has no idea what to do. They said the tech drove it 9 miles before I arrived and it seemed to be fixed. I took it home and called PCNA. They had heard from the dealer and were excited they heard it was fixed. My case is now elevated to the PCNA regional guy that is supposed to call me tomorrow. The tech at the dealer thinks that the new airbag that was installed into my seat could be faulty as well and wants to replace it again. I asked the PCNA guy why don't you just replace the whole seat this time. He says he can't make that call. My next visit there will be the 5th trip for the same issue. It is a 40 minute trip each way and when they give me a loaner for the day it turns into multiple trips -12 times now!! Porsche needs to compensate me for all this time I have in dealing with this.https://rennlist.com/forums/graemlins/banghead.gif
Worse comes to worst, and depending on the laws in your state, you may be eligible to get the car bought back by Porsche due to them being unable to permanently fix the issue after 3+ attempts. Something you could consult with an attorney on and use to at least push for more attention on the issue.
Old 01-07-2016, 08:36 AM
chrisk1200
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I am happy to report my dealer located the problem with my airbag light always coming on. The seat wiring harness inside the seat was cut through the cloth sheath holding all the wires and we could see copper exposed. It was about an inch long cut that happened right on a spot in the seat wear the wire were up against a sharp point on the seat frame. At first the dealer could not replicate what was happening because very small guys were test driving the car and they were not expanding the seat enough to make the exposed wire hit the frame. As soon as I would get into the seat I am a big guy I would make the wire touch that frame and airbag light back on. They replaced the wire harness and rerouted in away from the sharp metal spot that caused the cut. Sewickley Porsche did a good job finally diagnosing this and sent photos to PCNA as this issue will happen again if they do not start changing this wiring route at the factory. I am happy I can now put my car away for the winter knowing it is finally fixed.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:05 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Great news. Thanks for the update.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:47 PM
MileHigh911
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Great news!!!

Quick Reply: Airbag light just came on