Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rusnak Pasadena Service Event Nov 7, 2015

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 08:20 PM
3point9liters
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Oh, this illustrate what we see on survey often. The one who bother enough to write an opinion are usually the one with bad experience. I am actually surprised by how many people gotten the car at GT3 with no bull**** experiences. Dan, I think in retrospect what you did was very smart...drafting a contract and all. Too bad, I traded in my GT3 already, and the GT4 has not arrived yet... Will Macan S count?
Old 10-16-2015, 08:22 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by LAGinz
I also got mine there at MSRP. Dealing with my sales guy, Jason Ka, was a pleasure.
Yep, he's the man. I just brought Jason another bottle of wine because he and Fred got me in a 2014 Cayenne GTS with 7.7k mi for $3.5k less than their ask-without me having to negotiate any reduction. Fred gets a basket - he doesn't drink.

Dan (tries, even in a little way, to take care of those that take of him)
Old 10-16-2015, 08:24 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by straight-road
Oh, this illustrate what we see on survey often. The one who bother enough to write an opinion are usually the one with bad experience. I am actually surprised by how many people gotten the car at GT3 with no bull**** experiences. Dan, I think in retrospect what you did was very smart...drafting a contract and all. Too bad, I traded in my GT3 already, and the GT4 has not arrived yet... Will Macan S count?
You know, if you go to Jason Ka and work with Fred, they'll do their best to get you in for MSRP. A Macan S I'd ask for less than MSRP. They're in high demand but, they're not a GT car.
Old 10-16-2015, 08:26 PM
3point9liters
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hfm
You know, if you go to Jason Ka and work with Fred, they'll do their best to get you in for MSRP. A Macan S I'd ask for less than MSRP. They're in high demand but, they're not a GT car.
No I meant will driving a Macan S count for your event? Got rid of the GT3, and got a GT4 and Macan S (for her). ...
Old 10-16-2015, 08:29 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

No I meant will driving a Macan S count for your event? Got rid of the GT3, and got a GT4 and Macan S (for her). ...
Ah, I misunderstood. You'd be welcome regardless but, the clinic is for GT3s only, sorry, a Macan wont count for discounts.
Old 10-16-2015, 08:41 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

okay, still hate Rusnak then. hhahahah
Heh! Your Macan S is:

Dan (provides visuals)
Old 10-16-2015, 11:55 PM
bigkraig
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

whats the event about? i'm free that day but i am not sure i want to spend it hanging out in pasadena
Old 10-17-2015, 12:39 AM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Is a service clinic. Service directors apparently have to PR business once a year. Jon's overdue so he asked me to see if we could rustle up some GT3s. Apparently the 918 crowd was meh so, we're next up for solicitation.

In return, we get discounts and people who are due for service have a chance to get work done at a reduced rated. We get fed, we get our cars inspected and if work needs to be done, we get it done at a discount.

I already had my 12k and, I doubt I need anything but, I'll be there and might have a part replaced that got cracked under the splitter. While I leave the car at the dealership, I figure, it's close to local restaurant bars that I may walk and grab a beer / have some brunch.

Oh, check out the October Angeles Crest thing, it's probably going to be low turn out cause we're leaving early. I need to map out a route and repost. We'll beat traffic and should have a nice run. I just wish I could find some MPSC2s before then but it's looking pretty grim.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...anyon-run.html

Dan (invites)
Old 10-17-2015, 01:08 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 623 Likes on 381 Posts

Sounds like they just want an excuse to sell service to GT3 owners. 10% off for spending your day there is a joke.
Old 10-17-2015, 01:30 AM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Mech33
Sounds like they just want an excuse to sell service to GT3 owners. 10% off for spending your day there is a joke.
Well sure. Truth is, the discount isn't a big deal, because our time is more valuable than the discount. If it wasn't we probably couldn't afford this car in the first place. It's a meet and greet, a get together, some food and reason to enjoy a car we share. That part, well, that's no joke. That's just enjoying some company with like minded enthusiasts.
Old 10-17-2015, 12:49 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

I just found out the below (text in reverse chron order):

J: "There is no service done that day just visual inspections with discount on work needed
Yes please advise Macan is welcome
Thanks"

D: "Would you like me to advise the Macan poster that he'd get discount on any repairs?"

J: "Hey Dan
Clinic is for any Porsche so all are welcome
GT3 are display vehicles for the shop
FYI"

Also, I'm pleased so say someone who responded got a very nice offer on a 12k maintenance. I'll keep details of the offer confidential because it's not clear to me if it applies to all responders. I'll just say, I wish I had waited for my 12k LOL!
Old 10-17-2015, 02:53 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,529 Likes on 5,056 Posts

Originally Posted by hfm

Also, I'm pleased so say someone who responded got a very nice offer on a 12k maintenance. I'll keep details of the offer confidential because it's not clear to me if it applies to all responders. I'll just say, I wish I had waited for my 12k LOL!
Old 10-17-2015, 03:12 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 739 Likes on 403 Posts

That's funny. Maybe then we can head up to another one of our favorites and make it a stealership tour.
Old 10-17-2015, 06:41 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,983 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt
That's funny. Maybe then we can head up to another one of our favorites and make it a stealership tour.
Hit up the trifecta of big stealerships here in So Cal...Rusnak, Auto Gallery, and Beverly Hills.
Old 10-17-2015, 10:02 PM
bigkraig
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Well good news about the 12k service, except that I have already purchased all of the parts to DIY, except for whatever the new spark plug socket tool is and a BMC air filter.

Quick Reply: Rusnak Pasadena Service Event Nov 7, 2015