Sponsored by:

OT: Lime Rock Park

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 02:19 PM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 415 Likes on 231 Posts
Default OT: Lime Rock Park

I know this is off topic, but given the track oriented nature of our GT3's I thought this might be a good place to solicit some help for the venue. The local government is attempting to exert control over the operations of Lime Rock Park - a private track.

http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/the-ab...ref_map=%5B%5D

The track has been asking for help in reaching out to the local leaders about the issue. If you live in the Northeast and enjoy LRP please consider sending something. Here is LRP's request:
For all those who would like to help out in our issue here is an example letter you can cut and paste and send to Salisbury Planning & Zoning Commission.

Please email Michael Klemens, care of Nancy Brusie, P&Z Administrator: nbrusie@salisburyct.us

Dear Mr. Klemens,
I am a fan of Lime Rock Park and am very much against its operations being under the control of a local planning and zoning commission. I don’t think it’s right or fair for one particular business to be subject to the potential whim of a handful of people, especially those who don’t know the industry. Even if you ignore the undisputed economic benefit Lime Rock has brought to the Tri-State region, having a zoning commission submitting to the wishes of some nearby neighbors is the opposite of what public service means.

Be sure to include your name and town!
If there is a better place to post this feel free to move it, but I thought GT3 owners local to LRP might be interested if they haven't heard anything. I have enjoyed going with my brother and my nephews the last few years to IMSA races and this type of control could put LRP out of business. Look at what is happening at Laguna...
Old 10-16-2015, 03:02 PM
CVR_Rally
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll be sure to send a letter...this is ludicrous.
Old 10-16-2015, 05:44 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Some people just suck. I wanted to join the LRP drivers club...until I found out how unfriendly town zoning is and the overly restrictive noise limits.
Old 10-16-2015, 08:18 PM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 415 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by rockitman
Some people just suck. I wanted to join the LRP drivers club...until I found out how unfriendly town zoning is and the overly restrictive noise limits.
Yeah, 86 dB, very limited.
Old 10-16-2015, 09:21 PM
paradocs98
Rennlist Member

Received 390 Likes on 189 Posts

I sent an email earlier today. Lime Rock is an absolute jewel and must be protected. Can't let it go the way of Bridgehampton. Turning this beautiful patch of Northwestern Connecticut into another golf course or housing development would be a travesty.
Old 10-17-2015, 11:45 PM
NMM991
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The P&Z meeting is Monday evening, so anyone interested in sending an email should do so immediately. Sent my letter in last week.

Email address is in the first post - email Michael Klemens, care of Nancy Brusie, P&Z Administrator: nbrusie@salisburyct.us

Quick Reply: OT: Lime Rock Park