Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

German Police Raid VW HQ

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 09:11 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,983 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Maybe VW will have to sell Porsche to pay their upcoming penalties...
Old 10-08-2015, 09:41 PM
Finlander
Rennlist Member

Received 378 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHigh911
If the liberal idiots of this planet don't wake up and make some hard decisions, we won't have a world economy to worry about anymore.
FIFY
Old 10-08-2015, 10:06 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,983 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Tax 'em into bankruptcy!!!!!! It's only fair. Regulations of oversized governments will ruin the business climate of the world as we know it. And they can all take their huge monster sized government debts and blame businesses for not paying enough, "they need to pay their fair share". If the sheep of this planet don't wake up and make some hard decisions, we won't have a world economy to worry about anymore. Anyone wonder why most American cars aren't even made in America anymore?

And the emissions scandal is most relevant to the US. I thought those diesels would still pass EU standards, but failed ours. What about the savings in diesel fuel from the better mpg? LEt's at least give VW a credit back for that.

The whole "scandal" just makes me laugh. Name a government in this world that is not corrupt? That is fair and honest in all dealings?? There isn't one
I might just run catless race headers on my GT4 to **** off all the liberal tree huggers.
Old 10-08-2015, 11:22 PM
MileHigh911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I might just run catless race headers on my GT4 to **** off all the liberal tree huggers.
Now you are talking bro!!!!

Can't wait for the 0 dB days at Laguna Seca.....
Old 10-08-2015, 11:46 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 395 Likes on 271 Posts

The cheating decision was wrong and it shows that something broke in VW's engineering chain of control. But the sky is not falling from an environmental protection perspective. I long suspected something was off, as I was hearing that these engines produced better gas mileage on the road than stated in the Monroney sticker, the reverse of everyone else. But... they were/are very clean on the road. One could follow a TDI model and there was no hint of pollution - that is fine by me.
Old 10-08-2015, 11:48 PM
eurotom
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Now you are talking bro!!!!

Can't wait for the 0 dB days at Laguna Seca.....
Hahah. I'll be at Laguna Nov 7th but now this thread has me thinking I should take my 2015 TDI Jetta instead.
Old 10-09-2015, 12:05 AM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 395 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by eurotom
Hahah. I'll be at Laguna Nov 7th but now this thread has me thinking I should take my 2015 TDI Jetta instead.
With all the local 'afflicted' dumping their TDIs soon, I look forward to getting one at a bargain price.
Old 10-09-2015, 12:30 AM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Maybe they will release some more RS allocations to recoup some of the $$$ lost.
Old 10-09-2015, 04:05 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer
That's $87... with a B.... $87B.
I meant B, not M... The "B" button my iPhone wasn't working clearly ;-)
Old 10-09-2015, 05:12 AM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Nah, you don't want to lose torque

But seriously, I like how they raid VW headquarters. But they have court ordered Warrant for Exxon-Mobil to allow investigators to do their job regarding investigating the Torrance Refinery Explosion. Exxon Mobil just said, "No, we're not going to allow you to investigate, even if you do have warrants" and didn't let them. The govt just rolled over, no raids or seisures of any kind. Unreal. God knows how much evidence has been destroyed by now.
Old 10-14-2015, 12:40 PM
mgent
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Based on the valuation Ferrari is likely to get as a 'luxury' brand, VW could spin-out Porsche and almost pay-off the whole mess...
Old 10-14-2015, 12:54 PM
Scott997
Former Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hollywood is working on a DieselGate Flick: http://www.leftlanenews.com/leonardo...vie-89944.html

To think how easily our government let GM get away with their ignition switch issue they kept secret even though it caused deaths.

This VW thing is an ant hill.
Old 10-15-2015, 12:51 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts
Default More developments today...

'Winfried Vahland, the 58-year-old chief executive of the auto maker’s Skoda Auto business and CEO-designate of a new organization that would group its U.S., Canadian and Mexican operations, resigned abruptly. The 25-year Volkswagen veteran couldn’t agree with top executives on a plan to overhaul the U.S. business after weeks of intense negotiations, people familiar with the matter said.

“Differences of opinion over how to shape the new corporate region led to this decision,” Skoda said in a statement, adding that his departure wasn’t related to the diesel-emissions scandal weighing on the company and its U.S. business. The company has acknowledged using software to dupe U.S. emissions tests of its diesel-powered cars between 2009 and 2015.

Mr. Vahland also had personal reasons to turn down one of the company’s top jobs. He was passed over for CEO of Volkswagen last month. The post went instead to Matthias Müller, who had been head of the company’s Porsche sports-car business. After years of senior posts, including substantial foreign travel, Mr. Vahland and his family weren’t enthusiastic about relocating to the U.S., people close to him said...The loss of Mr. Vahland is a setback for the car maker at a time when several of the company’s top executives, including former CEO Martin Winterkorn, have resigned or have been suspended amid the diesel-emissions crisis. His resignation was such a surprise that there is no current alternative, people close to the company said...'

http://www.wsj.com/articles/volkswag...its-1444827950

Not good news...

I am trying to make sense of 'dieselgate' and how it might be connected to the sudden 'resignation' of Ferdinand Piëch from the VW Supervisory Board back in April! I started the thread below on this forum...but it was recently moved by the moderators to 'Off-Topic'. Frankly, that was ill-advised. Eventually all of us Porsche enthusiasts & customers will find out how this financial & managerial crisis will change the landscape of PAG, Weissach R & D, Porsche Motorsports & all future Porsche cars as we know them today. So it's not an 'off-topic' at all!

And I think there is a connection between 'Dieselgate' & Ferdinand Piëch's deliberate distancing himself from the VW Group supervisory board last April! And I intend to report & document that connection on that thread!

https://rennlist.com/forums/off-topi...ory-board.html

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 10-15-2015, 08:44 AM
SWK6Cup

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Old 10-15-2015, 09:28 AM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
And I think there is a connection between 'Dieselgate' & Ferdinand Piëch's deliberate distancing himself from the VW Group supervisory board last April! And I intend to report & document that connection on that thread!

https://rennlist.com/forums/off-topi...ory-board.html

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Agreed....based on the chain of events we now know. If it truly had no relation to "Dieselgate" then it could have been one of the most remarkable coincidences in recent memory. His departure ultimately has kept him slightly relevant behind the scenes because of all the Piech power players that have emerged through all this. Had he won his conflict and stayed on he most certainly would have been forced to resign as Winterkorn did with many of his close confidants distancing themselves from him forever.

Quick Reply: German Police Raid VW HQ