Sponsored by:

Time to Pamper The Gt3.

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 01:37 AM
pdudek
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MoeGt3
The only problem with the Xpel film is that it will change colour so fast that you would regret having it in the first place. Once you remove the yellow film I would probably need to find someone that can reapply the UV coating..
There is film protection film that is UV protected and won't yellow. You have to specifically ask for it as it is slightly more expensive.
Most installers will use the less expensive material which will cause issues.

Reputable installers will use the appropriate rock protection film which will include the UV protected as well as have a self healing capability when warm water is pored over it.

I believe in the film especially in areas such as where I live Calgary, Canada.
Old 10-05-2015, 02:17 AM
Sloopy
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by allans
FYI, I have Ceramic Pro on one of my cars and nothing will stick to it. Check out there website. The car looks fabulous but, I would NOT use it again. Best, Allan
Why not?
Old 10-05-2015, 05:22 AM
MoeGt3
Racer

Interesting to hear all the feedbacks. But no one has answered the most important question.. Do u install the Porsche strips before or after the Ceramic Pro has been applied?
Old 10-05-2015, 05:24 AM
MoeGt3
Racer

Thanks for the link. I think Im not gonna play around with the headlights after I read that link. Not worth the risk of damaging your lights.

Originally Posted by Lodi
Check out this thread regarding headlights. Will give you some perspective on film vs. no film. I had mine covered with Xpel. Lots of mountain driving and they are holding up great.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...ock-chips.html
Old 10-05-2015, 12:30 PM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

Received 229 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by sccchiii
some honest feedback.....

no one in the grave says "gosh i really used my gt3 too hard and really should have protected it more" (whoops this is not 100% accurate maybe money2536?)

don't treat car like a museum piece, protect as best you can then drive the crap out of it

you won't win the battle of keeping it perfect if you use it the way intended by Porsche gods

ceramic coating is high priced BS

use film if you want some protection

i wouldn't use anything on headlamps... I've now spoken to several 991 GT3 owners that have ruined headlamp assemblies with product use or film over lenses

once more... drive the wheels off the dammed thing and accept what comes with it.
I just rolled over 7,000 miles this weekend!
Old 10-05-2015, 01:47 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,014 Likes on 281 Posts

Originally Posted by Money2536
I thought you sold your car?
Old 10-05-2015, 08:39 PM
allans
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Sloopy
Why not?
It's a dark blue and it "smudges" where ever you touch it. Looks like Vaseline was rubbed on it

Interesting to hear all the feedbacks. But no one has answered the most important question.. Do u install the Porsche strips before or after the Ceramic Pro has been applied?
MUST be BEFORE, won't stick after
Old 10-05-2015, 09:53 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Money2536
Good job you, when you passed 7k I bet you stopped and used your quick detailer and wiped down car again to celebrate ha ha!
Old 10-06-2015, 02:34 PM
Sloopy
Pro

Originally Posted by allans
It's a dark blue and it "smudges" where ever you touch it. Looks like Vaseline was rubbed on it

MUST be BEFORE, won't stick after
Thanks, and I understand as I have red and find the same issue. I have experimented with different detail spray and think that may help some.

Not sure how wax would be different though as I am part Indian and have very oily skin.
Old 10-10-2015, 08:33 PM
TheDapperDriver
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 29 Posts

nice to see another car from the middle east, my car came from dubai lol
i almost put the ceramic coat on my car but ended up wrapping it in a different color

best of luck
Old 03-01-2016, 05:21 AM
moe b
Track Day

Like the strip might add it to mine, do you have any side profile pics with your tire decals on? Been having mixed opinions about it wanted to see it before I apply it
Old 03-03-2016, 12:22 AM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

The only problem with the Xpel film is that it will change colour so fast that you would regret having it in the first place. Once you remove the yellow film I would probably need to find someone that can reapply the UV coating..
I've had my headlights, hood, fenders, bumpers, mirrors, A pillars and front roof etc. covered with Xpel for 2 Years and 15,000 miles. Much of the time the car is exposed for long periods when I'm traveling or tracking to the hot Florida Sun in heat up to 100 Degrees F.
Despite the rumors to the contrary, I have not noticed any yellowing or headlight damage on any of the Xpel-Covered Body parts.
Old 03-03-2016, 12:49 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I covered my 14 GT3 headlights and didn't notice any discoloring. This time around my SM said they had few cars returned with burnt rings on headlights possibly from the headlight heat and the entire headlight had to be replaced under warranty from Xpell. The installers are not installing them anymore is what I was told.
Old 03-03-2016, 01:44 AM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 722 Likes on 395 Posts

The stripes must be applied first.

Quick Reply: Time to Pamper The Gt3.