Sponsored by:

991 GT3 Akrapovic Official Exhaust Video // Authorized Dealer TAG Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 10:56 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hfm
Sam, with as much as these cost, are you going to do a before and after dyno?

Dan (probably wont buy, still has SW new in box but, is curious)
I wish I could but my impatient self forbids me. When I pick the car up, it will have Xpel, exhaust, Ferodo brake pads, motul brake fluid, alignment, GMG roll bar, Schroth harnesses, UV painted rear reflectors, etc. I'll never know how the stock car is/was. I will, however, have an excellent idea on how it compares to the GT3 and it dang better be faster on track.
Old 10-06-2015, 01:11 AM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
I wish I could but my impatient self forbids me. When I pick the car up, it will have Xpel, exhaust, Ferodo brake pads, motul brake fluid, alignment, GMG roll bar, Schroth harnesses, UV painted rear reflectors, etc. I'll never know how the stock car is/was. I will, however, have an excellent idea on how it compares to the GT3 and it dang better be faster on track.
Shucks, I'm disappointed. But, your money, your car, and most definitely, your pleasure. Enjoy!
Old 10-06-2015, 01:40 AM
TAGMotorsports
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 419 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by LAGinz
I have also wondered about this, i.e. whether Akra's Sports Cup and Evolution performance figures are comparing that exhaust to the stock system without PSE engaged. I e-mailed Akra a question about this many months ago on their web site and they never answered. Can you TAG guys answer this question?
I highly doubt Akrapovic would do such a thing. They are not the type of company that would fib gains to sell systems....

We plan on doing some independent dynos if time permits with our clients car.

I have attached two dynos, one for the EVO RACE system, and one for the standard EVO system in the meantime.

web: www.TAGMotorsports.com - email: sales@tagmotorsports.com
Authorized Dealer For: HRE, Vossen, TechArt, AWE, Bilstien, KW, Akrapovic, Capristo, Fabspseed, BBI, Vorsteiner, Milltek, 1016 Industries, BBS, Brembo, GMG, H&R, Pirelli, Michelin, Hankook & more.

TechArt & AWE Tuning's #1 Volume Dealer Nationwide
Old 10-06-2015, 01:57 AM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by TAGMotorsports
I highly doubt Akrapovic would do such a thing. They are not the type of company that would fib gains to sell systems....

I have attached two dynos, one for the EVO RACE system, and one for the standard EVO system in the meantime.

Really? 40-50 tq at 4k rpm? No ECU flash or engine managment?

Dan (wonders why Porsche doesn't buy out this company and implement if true - maybe because not CARB legal?)
Old 10-06-2015, 04:37 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Just a point worth noting and perhaps something you can let the supplier know. Most of us who have the 991 GT3 are aware what the symbol on the screen of the dash in the clip is indicating. It can range from something minor to something major but in general isn't something you would like to appear on the screen of your car when you are driving, particularly when advertising an after market product...just a heads up that all.

P.S. Im a big fan of Akrap product....just cant afford it!
Attached Images  
Old 10-06-2015, 05:45 AM
qbix
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Just a point worth noting and perhaps something you can let the supplier know. Most of us who have the 991 GT3 are aware what the symbol on the screen of the dash in the clip is indicating. It can range from something minor to something major but in general isn't something you would like to appear on the screen of your car when you are driving, particularly when advertising an after market product...just a heads up that all.

Haha! Good eye!
It is emission problem here for sure. R-Delete is going to take care of it and unfortunately all other errors you gonna get.
I am gonna contact a dealer and ask if they would be able to flash ECU with this exhaust and still respect the warranty.
To be honest I am really tempted by this system. Not for the power gains as I don't believe in fairy tales but just for the weight and sound gains.
Old 10-06-2015, 05:49 AM
qbix
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TAGMotorsports

Would you be able to provide same graphs with the opposite position of the valve?
I still can't believe that the stock is open as well. I am not trying to be a pain just curious how it is in fact (like other guys).
Would be very nice to see 4 graphs. Stock valve closed/open. Evolution valve closed/open.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:31 AM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 439 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon70
Well done video. Converting the specs to more familiar terms:
-31 lbs, +9.9 hp, + 20.1 ft lbs
price?

Last edited by fxz; 10-06-2015 at 09:54 AM.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:58 AM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Good eye indeed. I am going to try and use O2 sensor spacers (FVD) first. They have worked fine on my GT3 with 200 cell cats and when one of the cats failed and triggered the CEL, the spacers did their job. I realize Akrapovic is 100 cells so it may not work but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I should know later this month, on my first track day with the RS at Eagles Canyon raceway.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:19 AM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by hfm

Dan (wonders why Porsche doesn't buy out this company and implement if true - maybe because not CARB legal?)
A lot is possible when you ignore both sound and emissions!

Other 200 cel cats show very similar trends in power gains as the Akra systems. I find Akra's dyno graphs believable.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:21 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by hfm

Akra's been providing the RSR exhaust to the factory team for a while also part of the exhaust on the RS for sometime now too. Most of their business is in motorcycles which is probably why Porsche wouldn't buy it...
Old 10-06-2015, 02:18 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 27 Posts

I'd probably be more inclined to go with the sports cup version which keeps the stock headers and cats, deletes the side mufflers and replaces the rear muffler. Cost is probably significantly less than the Evolution set up.
Old 10-06-2015, 05:09 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
Good eye indeed. I am going to try and use O2 sensor spacers (FVD) first. They have worked fine on my GT3 with 200 cell cats and when one of the cats failed and triggered the CEL, the spacers did their job. I realize Akrapovic is 100 cells so it may not work but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I should know later this month, on my first track day with the RS at Eagles Canyon raceway.
Maybe I can buy your factory RS centre box from you Sam :-)
Old 10-06-2015, 05:54 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Maybe I can buy your factory RS centre box from you Sam :-)
I wonder what the cost would be just to get it to you?
Old 10-06-2015, 10:10 PM
bigkraig
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

I'll hold onto it for him until his next visit. I'll even keep it warm.

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 Akrapovic Official Exhaust Video // Authorized Dealer TAG Motorsports