speeddistrict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

scratch the itch!!
Old 09-30-2015, 04:49 PM
c_Gio
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure how to politely say this but here goes... Prepare for a signifacantly poorer experience at the dealer & via service. It isn't the Viper's fault, but the only way to buy is Dodge and Dodge is, well, Dodge. GTR guys have the same conundrum at the Nissan dealer. You are paying 6 figures but will be--uhm---working with not 6 figure car sales & service folks. It may sound trite but gets old after a while. No loaners. Free popcorn, maybe. Sticky misshapen furniture in waiting rooms not offering wifi.

Not exactly living the dream.

Having been through it personally, my new rule is no buying the most expensive car a manufacturer offers. Like having an overbuilt house for the neighborhood. No good.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if the Bently and Rolls crowd have the same gripes when they "slum it" at the Porsche dealer??
Old 09-30-2015, 10:01 PM
DD GT3 RD
Rennlist Member

Received 562 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by c_Gio
Not sure how to politely say this but here goes... Prepare for a signifacantly poorer experience at the dealer & via service. It isn't the Viper's fault, but the only way to buy is Dodge and Dodge is, well, Dodge. GTR guys have the same conundrum at the Nissan dealer. You are paying 6 figures but will be--uhm---working with not 6 figure car sales & service folks. It may sound trite but gets old after a while. No loaners. Free popcorn, maybe. Sticky misshapen furniture in waiting rooms not offering wifi.

Not exactly living the dream.

Having been through it personally, my new rule is no buying the most expensive car a manufacturer offers. Like having an overbuilt house for the neighborhood. No good.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if the Bently and Rolls crowd have the same gripes when they "slum it" at the Porsche dealer??
Hahah I never go to the dealer for anything really
Old 09-30-2015, 11:43 PM
Blkdsr12
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Funny. I thought the same thing while contacting a bunch of Ford dealers trying to get on a list for a GT...not like dealing with my Porsche Peeps.
Old 09-30-2015, 11:55 PM
redlightrich
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 44 Posts

I have owned 3 Vipers. Massive fun. I would only recommend it to someone who really wants to pay attention when driving. It will reward a great driver, and punish a so so driver. They are stupid powerful, and very fast. It is also very easy to lose it. I never lost one of mine, but I felt I could if I were careless.

Dollar for dollar, it is hard to beat the performance.

Good luck

Quick Reply: OT: Viper TA Experiences?