Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Viola Metallic
Viola all the way
Old 12-25-2022, 05:32 PM
Taffy66
Burning Brakes

Received 445 Likes on 230 Posts

Of the choices above I prefer Viola. Have you considered Porsche Racing green Metallic ?

Old 12-25-2022, 08:37 PM
MovingChicane
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts

I'm checking the Olive box with black brake calipers, any color wheels. It's a very "mean, IMSA, NASCAR, down N dirty" serious look.
Viola was played out in my opinion on the GT2RS.
Orange makes the car look large.
All good though
Old 12-26-2022, 01:31 AM
WB07
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Andi
Viola all the way
2nd that...
The following users liked this post:
Andi (12-26-2022)
Old 12-26-2022, 09:38 AM
ParadiseGT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 938 Likes on 516 Posts

Merry Christmas!
I was going to order white with 997RS white/gold, but I'm offered PTS and playing with options.

Decided:
No expensive wheels, i'll just bend them, no WP.
No decals shownn, but on the purple and green one i'm considering the badges in Silver.
All blacked out will be the norm I suspect, but I loved silver lights, accents and wheels on my UV.

Must have PCCB (Orange one blacked out? or keep yellow?), love orange but a bit bright with all the black and really don't like black wheels, I tried it on the Lizzard but never learned to like it, loved the UV with bright silver wheels.

Love UV, but had one already and still a bit too bright for me, not as bright as Lizzard but still.

So my two favorite colors, almost black purple metallic (Viola metallic), or almost black green metallic (Dark Olive Metallic).
Both order with silver accents and can redo at some point with white/gold 97RS accent colors that I think goes well with dark purple and dark green.

Orange is tough to beat, loved it since the 997RS pumpkins..Its the only bright color I can see doing.
It does need black decals and headlights I suppose on orange?

WWYD?
Resale also always a factor, so polling for that as well :-)

All same interior, black / grey leather option.
I'd say viola or orange. The greens look great on 992 base/touring, think a little tame for RS if you have PTS opportunity.

And orange would be the considerate choice for track days, if i catch it in the rearview at Sebring will know to prep for point by.
Old 12-26-2022, 09:38 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,853 Likes on 960 Posts

Still prefer UV over Viola even though you've owned it. Like Pastel Orange. Have you considered dark silver wheels to complement the accents? Re: green, still like Linden best - not a metallic fan in general and don't think it ages as well as non-metallic. Then again you don't hang on to cars for that long....

Two others that I keep gravitating to...

Aetna Blue:

Graphite Grey:

Last edited by Nizer; 12-26-2022 at 10:00 AM.
Old 12-28-2022, 09:02 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,638 Likes on 761 Posts

I cant dress myself so I'm sure that im not qualified and plenty of you are cringing hahahaha
gave up on the GT4RS and made it black LOL.

Originally Posted by ChrisF
Vote Viola or Jet Green Metallic. It doesn't represent quite right on the configurator but man is it sexy.
Viola is the most popular, but Im think its a bit overdone, so many cars lately are viola. Tried in 2015, but I wasn't the only one.
jet green is a nice color, but I think I want it to look a bit more interesting under the Florida sun.

Originally Posted by Andi
Viola all the way
Thanks

Originally Posted by Taffy66
Of the choices above I prefer Viola. Have you considered Porsche Racing green Metallic ?

Really nice also, I was in germany at the Ring and there was an AMG GT in a color that looks the most like Dark Olive and it stuck with me. I stopped to take a look.

Originally Posted by MovingChicane
I'm checking the Olive box with black brake calipers, any color wheels. It's a very "mean, IMSA, NASCAR, down N dirty" serious look.
Viola was played out in my opinion on the GT2RS.
Orange makes the car look large.
All good though
I'm with yellow calipers and a little yellow sprinkeled in the interior, the steering 12 Oclock and the shifter etc are yellow already.
Did full yellow stitch on the Gt4 and the GT4RS but for this one more neutral, wheels and decals silver, but I will paint white/gold later, like the 997RS I had but maybe with 997 4.0 stripes in white/gold and yellow.
Ive not had any decals on my car, but I left them on the 4.0. seem clean and understated. (I remember paying $188,500 for the 4.0 and be declared insane on these pages hehehehe.)
All that can be changed, so neutral on the interior.

Originally Posted by WB07
2nd that...

Originally Posted by ParadiseGT3
I'd say viola or orange. The greens look great on 992 base/touring, think a little tame for RS if you have PTS opportunity.

And orange would be the considerate choice for track days, if i catch it in the rearview at Sebring will know to prep for point by.
I think most will agree with you, the green got stuck in my brain. But yes, purple and green were very functional the get cars to get out of the left lane, or get an early point-by.
There were many in those colors though, want to find something different or I might as well order white.

I'm here now, Oh and I have to configure a watch, never wore one in my life. Oh well.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPFD1

Last edited by TRAKCAR; 12-28-2022 at 09:09 PM.
welikethetrack (12-28-2022)
Old 12-28-2022, 09:07 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nizer
Still prefer UV over Viola even though you've owned it. Like Pastel Orange. Have you considered dark silver wheels to complement the accents? Re: green, still like Linden best - not a metallic fan in general and don't think it ages as well as non-metallic. Then again you don't hang on to cars for that long....

Two others that I keep gravitating to...

Aetna Blue:

Graphite Grey:

Linden looks nice but like Orange a bit too bright?
Dark silver / grey wheels is option but I'llpaint white/gold.

Aetna reminds me a bit of Arctic Grey, each picture it looks different, sometimes dark grey but sometimes baby blue. Not for me.
Great color with the std red.

Graphite grey looks very nice, but I haven't seen one in real life and remeind sme of the 997RS black/grey.

Love the dark greys but it seems a bit overdone.

Thanks for the input its appreciated.
Andi (12-28-2022)
Old 12-28-2022, 09:31 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Received 678 Likes on 369 Posts

You should so a Signal yellow "Modern Pumpkin" No WP for the GT3RS

TRAKCAR (12-31-2022)
Old 12-29-2022, 12:25 PM
ragerard
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Watch!!!

As for configuring your watch, I was in the same boat. Never wear one. GM of dealer called and said "we'd like to GIVE you a watch." I called my salesman and said "man bites dog". He laughed and explained that PCNA was pushing them to order watches. Chose yellow ring to match the decals on my GT4RS, burgundy red band to match the seats on my Panny Sport Turismo, with yellow stitching. Pretty cool watch which I actually wear.
As for the car, I was bummed that there was no opportunity for Chalk in 4RS or 3RS. My 2RS, 3Touring and 4 (as well as our Macan) are all Chalk. I went with Agate Grey with yellow trim on the 4RS. Still thinking about whether I "need" a 3RS, but I think I would go with Sport Classic Blue.
TRAKCAR (12-31-2022)
Old 01-04-2023, 11:19 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

I “built” my watch thinking I get a white car but now PTS I’ll have to have another look :-)
Old 01-04-2023, 11:42 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 419 Likes on 197 Posts

I “built” my watch thinking I get a white car but now PTS I’ll have to have another look :-)
Is the watch configurable too?
Old 01-04-2023, 11:50 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Yes, I didn’t even know it exists, it shows up on the bottom of the car configurator.
Made me buy two, I’ve never had a watch in my life, guess I’ll keep it together with the cars?
Not sure if there is a market for them.

I think you can just order them without car?
Old 01-04-2023, 12:11 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 632 Likes on 416 Posts

I think you need a PTS watch too. Lol
Old 01-04-2023, 12:16 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by signes
I think you need a PTS watch too. Lol
Who knows, maybe that's possible LOL.