Pro

Received 45 Likes on 18 Posts

You've been spotted.. https://www.autogespot.co.uk/porsche...kii/2019/04/17
Old 04-20-2019, 01:27 PM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 419 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Im also signed up for that one, you and Frank as well, right?
I'm in town too - have not signed up for Schnelle Schwaben (yet). Will definitely do TF in the evening.
Any dinner plans?
Old 04-21-2019, 08:19 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,665 Likes on 773 Posts

Late dinner :-) if I got it rights SchnellenSchwaben is 21st of May, thy is one of the days the GP track is open from 18:00 to 20:00.
We did a few laps there last week and I wouldn’t mind a few more
Old 04-21-2019, 08:21 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Finally got home after a night in ATL because all flights were cancelled due to a storm in FL.
Today I might get to pick up my luggage at the airport. At least PBI is only 20 mins away..
Will see some of you guys at the Smokies event May 2-5.
Old 04-21-2019, 08:34 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 419 Likes on 197 Posts

Late dinner :-) if I got it rights SchnellenSchwaben is 21st of May, thy is one of the days the GP track is open from 18:00 to 20:00.
We did a few laps there last week and I wouldn’t mind a few more
If weather's good we can have dinner on the terasse up at the restaurant next to the castle.

Last edited by Kobalt; 04-21-2019 at 09:25 AM.
Old 04-21-2019, 09:10 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Sounds like a plan

The score during this intermission of Lizard ED;

Many thanks to 911rox, the ideal ED track Co-Driver / coach / entertainment buddy.
Thanks for all the help and laughs. It’s not too late to change your mind and come back in two weeks..

Lots of Km’s and about 14 track days plus a few TF evening at the Ring, some were wet but still managed to go through 4 sets of tires and 4 sets of pads.
Some front tires and rear pads can still be used up at the Ring in May.
Pagid RSL1 are great with ST rotors, but crap on steel rotors with only half the life.
Clark Fromm Apex shipped me some RE-10’s for the next leg of the trip in May.

Last edited by TRAKCAR; 04-21-2019 at 11:27 AM.
Old 04-21-2019, 11:47 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,883 Likes on 971 Posts

TBC
Old 04-21-2019, 02:37 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5,079 Likes on 2,863 Posts

Originally Posted by Kobalt
If weather's good we can have dinner on the terasse up at the restaurant next to the castle.
That place has a great view!

Old 04-21-2019, 07:53 PM
lax01
Three Wheelin'

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantG

hah! I ate at the table right there on the right...need to get back there!
Old 04-21-2019, 10:17 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,262 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantG

I miss that place!!!
Old 04-21-2019, 10:18 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,262 Likes on 528 Posts

You car was delivered with 10km the clock! Mine was already at 15km when I get to it

Sounds like a plan

Many thanks to 911rox, the ideal ED track Co-Driver / coach / entertainment buddy.
Thanks for all the help and laughs. It’s not too late to change your mind and come back in two weeks..

Lots of Km’s and about 14 track days plus a few TF evening at the Ring, some were wet but still managed to go through 4 sets of tires and 4 sets of pads.
Pagid RSL1 are great with ST rotors, but crap on steel rotors with only half the life.

Old 04-22-2019, 06:31 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

So yours was pre-run in by Porsche then
Old 04-22-2019, 07:38 AM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Hi guys, dropped off the radar for a couple of days whilst I made my way home. Doesn't help that I live on the *** end of the planet

The last couple of days as Trakcar mentioned were quite hectic. We managed to squeeze in an extra day at Zolder with a far better organisation and then did a peak hour dash to Zandvoort for our evening track session. The track was technical and challenging but also quite dangerous at times for the fact that we had to deal with several kamikaze drivers with little to lose and seemingly the world to prove. Track could have been fun but the lack of structure by the organisers which took most of the shine off.

I flew out of Amsterdam on Friday night so I spent the day playing tourist What added to my challenge was that at 7am that morning some genius decided it would be a great idea to spend 4 hours taking down the scaffolding around a renovated building opposite the hotel. The noise!!! It didn't do much for the sleep situation to say the least and resulted in a 60 hour stint with about 6 hours sleep! Needless to say that I was on the couch half comatose for the better part of yesterday recovering once I had arrived home

All of what Trakcar stated in his posts is spot on including the scheming to steal my passport so mancation could continue in another 2 weeks Trust me, if the work situation allowed and if there was not another 6 week trip booked for later in the year, there would have been no need for passport thefts, I would have been on the next plane over with my clown suit on!!!

In the lead up to this vacation Pete had mentioned he hoped this trip would be as good as the one in 2015 which went well. He was concerned that 2015 may have been a one off but I told him we would make 2019 bigger and better in every way! In my view, it was just that- Bigger and better!!! The mateship, the laughs, the adventures everything was just fantastic. As stated below in Pete's posts, we just got on with the tasks of making the ED dream happen and having as many laughs along the way! It was epic! We rose to every challenge, pieced together each track very quickly (except NBR ) and smashed out some fantastic laps. Trakcar's driving was epic! My input on tackling sections of track would have been pointless if it were not for his ability to execute continuously whilst managing the traffic around us which at times was less than co-operative. He killed it and I would have to agree with Kobalt that we made an awesome team. My "lack of self preservation" as Pete often put it and my ability to occupy that passenger's seat without fear probably also helped make the long days on track that much more fun, joking as we put in the laps and that relaxed atmosphere in the car translated to some great driving!

I will be forever grateful for the opportunity to be part of this stellar team! I can't thank Trakcar enough for allowing me to share in his ED, a program that is regretfully not available here...

As for the car, many of you drive them so you know what they can do... It is loud, it is firm, it is bright but it is an amazing track package out of the box! Certainly the most trackable car I have ever ridden in without set up. I too would agree with the comparison comments between the 991.1 and 991.2 platforms, the 991.1 has smoother lines, a more comfortable ride, quieter and makes a better compromise for a street/track car but the 991.2 is more track focussed, precise, loud and by far the better track focused choice of the two. I would like either generation but this car just blew me away... I would be firmly in the 991.2 camp taking onboard the compromises in comfort to achieve the purpose. In saying that, we did 10 hour drive stints to destinations and other than some more noise down low, the ride and the seats were top shelf! Perfectly good!

I am currently uploading all the photos I took to google photos. Once they are uploaded in the next few hours (or day) I will post links for all to enjoy! Regretfully poor wi-fi didn't allow us to upload as many as we would have liked to whilst away.

A special shout out to all the great guys we met along the way- Grant, Tim, Dan, Boris, Frank, Nick, Mark, Rikard, Yannick and anyone else that I may have forgotten to list- You guys all contributed to making this trip special and it was a pleasure meeting everyone of you! Thank you to all and I hope to see you again on future trips

Kind regards

Chris

Maybe I can edit some film on the plane.
Zolder and Zandvoort "greatest hits"

911rox is on the way back to Melbourne, he was very protective of his passport, I tried to kidnap him :-)
We had an awesome first leg of the trip, with Chris (9911rox) Mancation became a well oiled machine..
Packing the car, unloading, setting tire pressure, live coaching me in the car, it was pretty awesome to rock up to an event; 5 minutes later, ready to go on track, it became a system.
1. Hack around trying to find out where the track goes, Chris actually did homework and studied the tracks before we went on.
2. More hacking around not opeing the wheel, braking to late to understand what gear and what entry speeds we can do.
3. Tie it together and keep fine tuning / overdriving, still hacking away.
4. Clean it all up, smooth and set fastest lap of the day.

If there was a second day, look at video and data and fine tune it some more for the last second.
We always left with the idea we accomplished the track, but can find a second or two mastering it with more laps and car setup.

Flying home today, nobody flagged me out of the security line for setting the Dutch public road land speed record LOL, so good to go.
Will do Smokies first week May and fly back to continue straight from ATL.
Sounds like a plan

Old 04-22-2019, 07:54 AM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Exactly like that :-)

But my coach was way better looking.
Originally Posted by Whoopsy
Yes I absolutely agreed! The Aussie is better looking for sure.
Originally Posted by DuckieRS
Has the bigger smile and the better accent, no?
Not sure what I'm being compared to but I'll take all the complements I can get! Thanks
Old 04-22-2019, 09:42 AM
911rox
Rennlist Member

And finally, photo links... Excuse the fascination with windmills lol...

Too many random photos of random things to filter so I just threw the whole lot in...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/BLcU9UmjG6mvu5ou6

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FuffWTWd2rdpsjKA7

Enjoy

Quick Reply: TRAKCAR does ED