Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Second time is better. 2016 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 08:34 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Congratulations, glad you only had to replace the car. Shiny side up !!
Old 09-03-2015, 08:54 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome back Dude, second time around is always better. I'm sure the grin is twice as long as your first. A big congrats is warranted.
Old 09-03-2015, 09:54 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

The Dude is back in town , cool, good move Mike and leave the nannies on for the fun to come!
Old 09-04-2015, 12:54 AM
Dude-
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by STG991
What price were they offering you the RS at the beginning when you had the option to get it??
I had a purchased price of MSRP.

Originally Posted by neanicu
Welcome back Mike.

I bet it's Manhattan Motorcars who tried to pull a fast one on you. No wonder,they recently listed an RS for 378K.
Thanks buddy. Yeah, that car was my build. They offered me 399K for my own build. Funny but understandable.

Originally Posted by R35driver
yeah kind of a scumbag move by the dealer. They realized how limited the allocations were and knew they could overcharge someone else.

Congrats on the agate. got any pics of the interior?
Yup. Car is coming back tomorrow from Tint, Radar and Xpel ultimate. Will definitely post some pictures.

Originally Posted by NateOZ
Congratulations on the new ride.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was Manhattan - I had a deposit with one of their Porsche dealerships for a second RS. In the end all I got was my deposit refunded after supposedly being their first deposit.

Nate, funny you said that. In back of my mind, i was afraid once the demand went out of control, I may lose the allocation. Who am I to prevent them from making 150K of pure profit on the next buyer. Its business and thats how it goes. I'm still convinced that if you are on the list, you will eventually get one. Remember the 2014 GT3? its the same hype. More allocation will trickle down and it will be a LITTLE short of demand. Porsche will not make it a lot short of demand. There's money on the table and they don't want to see it go to competitors.

Originally Posted by PhilT3
Awesome! Congrats!

You mentioned you like this one better since you corrected some things you did 'wrong' the first time.

Can you elaborate?
I always felt the cars performance was well beyond its price tag. However, the interior without some options did not do the car any justice. My 2014 had some options but it didn't feel special to me. The drive was fantastic but there was a disconnect with my interior. On the this build, I added:
Red Chrono, Fire extinguisher, Carbon trims, black rims, more red stitching and color coordinate some decals that I ordered. I basically made the interior darker and allow more red to stand out. Same with the exterior, the black rims exposed the red calipers and making the car look more raw. Red calipers, Red tail lights, belts and interior trim are perfect now without going overboard with Red Dash. It only cost 3-4k more but its worth it. If I didn't do it now, I would have done it at a later date thru aftermarket comp.
Its like dating, the first girl had a perfect body but a so so face. This time around she's perfect but she cost me more.
Old 09-04-2015, 01:08 AM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Dude-
I had a purchased price of MSRP.

Thanks buddy. Yeah, that car was my build. They offered me 399K for my own build. Funny but understandable.
Its business and thats how it goes. I'm still convinced that if you are on the list, you will eventually get one. Remember the 2014 GT3? its the same hype. More allocation will trickle down and it will be a LITTLE short of demand. Porsche will not make it a lot short of demand. There's money on the table and they don't want to see it go to competitors.

I wouldn't have found it funny, personally I would've been pissed, theres a difference, or at least there should be with being a franchised dealer and a car "broker"
Old 09-04-2015, 01:21 AM
911turbos
Advanced

Very nice enjoy your GT3.
Old 09-04-2015, 10:31 PM
GTEE3
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by NateOZ
Congratulations on the new ride.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was Manhattan - I had a deposit with one of their Porsche dealerships for a second RS. In the end all I got was my deposit refunded after supposedly being their first deposit.
^
Nate,
I feel your pain...
I had a deposit at their Jersy dealership at MSRP. When allocations appeared they changed the deal to MSRP + big premium...I reported them to PCNA, FWIW.
I bought/referred +six $$$ cars from them in last two years...never again.
Old 09-04-2015, 11:11 PM
PistolPete
Drifting

Received 124 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by GTEE3
^
Nate,
I feel your pain...
I had a deposit at their Jersy dealership at MSRP. When allocations appeared they changed the deal to MSRP + big premium...I reported them to PCNA, FWIW.
I bought/referred +six $$$ cars from them in last two years...never again.
Which Jersey dealership is affiliate with MMC? Princeton?
Old 09-05-2015, 04:20 AM
Shahano
Burning Brakes

congrats she's a beauty... Nobody likes wet paint, especially when you do not expect it..
Old 09-05-2015, 09:12 AM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

She's pretty...

Congrats and welcome back!
Old 09-06-2015, 01:29 PM
KMKCMT
Rennlist Member

Great story and I love the decisions made...love the color set up and yes, the red clamps set that theme off perfectly...
Old 09-06-2015, 01:54 PM
C2Spin
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 69 Posts

Very nice build, love the contrast of the dark and red theme you've got going on. Always satisfying to get what you want in the end. Best of luck with your new ride!
Old 09-06-2015, 02:04 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

I know yellow tells everyone youve got PCCBs, but I think gold or red is a better color, the red calipers on your car look awesome!
Old 09-06-2015, 04:27 PM
Riz
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 39 Posts

Princeton is now part of the crooks at Manhattan Motorcars from my info
Old 09-06-2015, 05:22 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Riz
Princeton is now part of the crooks at Manhattan Motorcars from my info
crooks? Manhattan? isn't that redundant…apologies to our nyc members