Sponsored by:

Why I'm hating my GT3RS more and more...and I've yet to receive it

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 01:27 PM
aboodchy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Why I'm hating my GT3RS more and more...and I've yet to receive it

Last edited by aboodchy; 09-04-2015 at 02:07 AM.
Old 09-01-2015, 01:30 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 277 Likes on 153 Posts

No BS at my dealer, but I suspect that's the exception not the rule.
Old 09-01-2015, 01:49 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,013 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by carcommander
No BS at my dealer, but I suspect that's the exception not the rule.
Very little anyways ;-). I do think John is exceptionally straight forward and communicates well. Talked to him this morning and said he has a gt silver RS coming shortly that a client ordered. He would give it to me for 25k discount and tell his other client "it don't come in".
Old 09-01-2015, 02:09 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 277 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer
Very little anyways ;-). I do think John is exceptionally straight forward and communicates well. Talked to him this morning and said he has a gt silver RS coming shortly that a client ordered. He would give it to me for 25k discount and tell his other client "it don't come in".
I will hunt you down...........
Old 09-01-2015, 02:16 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,965 Likes on 916 Posts
Default Why I'm hating my GT3RS more and more...and I've yet to receive it

This is more a dealer and probably Arab culture issue than anything related to Porsche.
Old 09-01-2015, 02:23 PM
Toprpm
Advanced

Sad to hear that , but weird too.

I have allocation in ANA dubai dealer. for LO RS. fully loaded with 918 seats. i payed deposit in 2d day of announcement. was told am at #6. then when allocation was announced that i will get mine in December , 1 month later, due to seats delay, it was pushed to February, 2 weeks ago. got a call that it moved to December 7th arrival. in dubai port. reason was told that PTS people got delayed and gave me a push to Dec.
Old 09-01-2015, 02:27 PM
Toprpm
Advanced

Originally Posted by CAlexio
This is more a dealer and probably Arab culture issue than anything related to Porsche.

lool. its not arab culture . its VIP and always who pay more and know someone get prio.

I believe in USA many posts here of whiners on why 918 people getting RS prio. maybe they are arab too? or should i say american culture.
Old 09-01-2015, 02:48 PM
karimgt3
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Arab country here, was number 3 in april 2014, still number 3 today.. Don't know anyone, this is my first porsche. It's a VIP issue nothing to do with arabs..
Old 09-01-2015, 03:00 PM
shaytun
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by karimgt3
Arab country here, was number 3 in april 2014, still number 3 today.. Don't know anyone, this is my first porsche. It's a VIP issue nothing to do with arabs..
+1. This is a dealership VIP thing.
Old 09-01-2015, 03:14 PM
pmpsch
Instructor

Originally Posted by aboodchy
I've had it with this shady Porsche BS.

Porsche Dubai tells me prior to the initial RS release at Geneva, that they haven't accepted or taken deposits...which was a lie, as I found out of two people that placed deposits at the beginning of January and one person a week before its public release. In spite of that, I was probably the second or third person to place a deposit on the day of its release.

I was called literally a month after my deposit to get news of my allocation and for me to configure my car. By that time, I was pushed to the bottom of the allocation list, even though I was one of the first people to place a deposit. I'll forgive the fact that 918 owners have priority to RS allocations, but that does not excuse Porsche for literally pushing back my allocation to the bottom to please people with connections; and it's not like I wasn't a Porsche customer to begin with (I had a '14 Turbo S). For example, I recently met a guy who placed his deposit at the end of April and has his Lava Orange RS coming in September; he's friends with the dealer's nephews. I guess it comes with the territory living in the Middle East, people always think 'they're above the law'. Heck, I know of two people in Qatar who received their cars a couple weeks ago and they placed their deposit a month after the release date.

I was told my build is a September build only to find out last week it's actually a December build. What do I really think? I think my allocation was taken from me in order to accommodate a 'special someone'.

Oh, my original build was Ultraviolet, then when PTS was finally available I plunged on it only to find out it was cancelled (yet some of you folks have gotten confirmations). Now when I wanted to go back to my original configuration, I was told I couldn't as Ultraviolet will not be available after November 26th and my allocation is in December. I went ahead with white, a color I've loved from the start but do not want.

Yes, I am fortunate to get an RS allocation but I expect to treated fairly and well, like a return customer. I can't even begin to fathom the anger you folks have in the States with the over MSRP sales...

Seriously, F this S.
Nothing really surprising here:

- They did not take deposits before the launch. I begged them to take my money well before the public release but they declined to do so.

- There are about 20-22 918 sold by that dealer so if you don't mind these guys getting priority you have been very well treated after all. The first cars that got allocated have gone to VIPs. Some of the VIPs take numerous cars of each new model on a regular basis. 14 TTS is a great car but you will not be able to be given priority with that.

- There has never been a list with numbers as far as i know.

- PTS has been a mess but can't blame the dealer. Those who got offered PTS but took time to complete (including myself) never had any guarantee to have the slots. The dealer did not have gteed slots from Porsche.

Understand your frustration about UV though...again hard to blame the dealer there. There is one positive in all that, by the time they build your car they would have fixed the issues you can read about in the forum
Old 09-01-2015, 03:21 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I do think there is BS behind the scenes, shadiness, connections, etc. it happened to me also and I didn't get an RS allocation, despite putting down a deposit well in advance, etc. At least you got one. Its frustrating, but its also how life works. There is always someone behind the scenes with more money or more connections that you (there are a couple exceptions on this site ). I just try to keep it all in perspective and be patient...easier said than done, I know.
Old 09-01-2015, 03:55 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,965 Likes on 916 Posts

Originally Posted by Toprpm
lool. its not arab culture . its VIP and always who pay more and know someone get prio.

I believe in USA many posts here of whiners on why 918 people getting RS prio. maybe they are arab too? or should i say american culture.
you're right.. some of us live in cultures where there is more of a free market philosophy, and others where it's not as important. see for example how in US dealers can sell at almost any price the market will bear, whereas in Europe the prices are fixed. In most of arab world i've found when working there is more price negotiation, and the rules aren't as important as who you know. I find that this is at a higher level than what i'm used while operating in different parts of the world. please don't take it as a slight, or definitely not a racial comment. It's a generalization based on observing cultural, in this case transactional norms. It's very possible that the OP was pushed down the list based on many factors which maybe with a european dealer wouldn't have counted.
Old 09-01-2015, 04:32 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

At least you got one. Beverly Hills Porsche rescinded my allocation (I was 3rd on their list) when I submitted my configuration, citing a change in management philosophy to only sell to clients in their "local market." This despite the fact that I purchased 2010 and 2014 GT3s from BHP.

Chalk it up to sheer greed on the part of the dealers, but most certainly fueled by Porsche giving first dibs to 918 buyers.
Old 09-01-2015, 05:58 PM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 302 Likes on 188 Posts
Default Why I'm hating my GT3RS more and more...and I've yet to receive it

I fail to see how the 918 buyers effect the normal allocations to a dealership. The dealership only has the 918 sale because the buyer chose to use that dealership and the RS allocation that comes with the 918 purchase wouldn't have been that dealerships if they hadn't been chosen, it would have gone somewhere else.

All the RS's that are 918 allocated would then be pushed to the dealerships based on how they would normally allocate a GT car, no?
Old 09-01-2015, 09:18 PM
gt2urbo
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

only 2 cars ? you need like 10 cars and one has to be a cgt or a 918 for them to give a crap about you .. 2 cars wont get it done. Your a racer im sure you have connections to get one...

Quick Reply: Why I'm hating my GT3RS more and more...and I've yet to receive it