Sponsored by:

Race tracks in the US?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 10:39 PM
inactiveuser7616
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
That's what I have in mind... Eventually! I'll be the first to admit, I have a LOT to learn first.

Thanks to all for the great interaction and sharing of information here.

Cheers!
Old 09-03-2015, 12:44 AM
inactiveuser7616
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NateOZ
Longest circuit and it's open the most days for members - but you pay for it.

Another option worth doing is something like Dave Murry track days - track goes green and you drive as much as you want in a day. They go around to different tracks and if the dates work for your schedule it's a good way to get a feel for them.

If you really start to get into it, daily running costs can be very high regardless of where...
Thanks Nate. Definitely understand that racing is very expensive. While I can see how it's different, I spent many years drag racing, which gets very expensive in a different way.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:58 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,502 Likes on 2,561 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilT3
Well, it seems most of those clubs are NOT in the Northeast.

I'm in PA...about an hour West of Philly. I did find New Jersey Motorsports Park which describes itself like a golf country club except you bring your car and drive the courses. Cost is $15k lifetime membership, $2400 yearly dues and $165 per member day. Up to 40 member days a year. I have no idea if that's in line with other clubs. But apparently they have small run groups with only about 220 total members.

But this is EXACTLY what I'm looking for!
Given your location, try NJMP, Summit Point, Watkins Glen, PittRace, and Mid Ohio. Don't join the NJMP club yet, get some experience at multiple tracks before making that kind of commitment. Chin (http://www.chinmotorsports.com/) goes to all of those tracks except Summit Point, and would be my first recommendation. At Summit Point (which is actually three tracks), try PCA Potomac, SCCA DC Chapter, or the Friday at the Track (FATT) Program.

Quick Reply: Race tracks in the US?