Sponsored by:

Monterey Historics 2015 - Personal Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2015, 05:49 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by doubleurx
Thanks for the heads up Eduardo. Will you be there by chance?

I assumed a sport coat......(inside joke for those of us that attended the experience center dinner). Here in Truckee casually elegant means something quite different!
Yes, we were invited to the Porsche Zentrum party this year due to our purchase of the '15 gt3. Last year we were invited thanks to PCNA's Christian Heller.

And for the second year in a row, my wife & I have also been invited to 'The Quail, A Motorsports Gathering' by an automotive sponsor of that event which is not Porsche.
These are the most coveted & expensive tickets of the entire week (approx. $600@), so we are grateful for that invitation!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Heathrow Airport - Premier Inn

Old 08-07-2015, 08:31 PM
nlpamg
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Yes, we were invited to the Porsche Zentrum party this year due to our purchase of the '15 gt3. Last year we were invited thanks to PCNA's Christian Heller.

And for the second year in a row, my wife & I have also been invited to 'The Quail, A Motorsports Gathering' by an automotive sponsor of that event which is not Porsche.
These are the most coveted & expensive tickets of the entire week (approx. $600@), so we are grateful for that invitation!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Heathrow Airport - Premier Inn

How did I not get invited to the Zentrum party?!

I've gone to Monterey for Car Week for the past few years, but this year it just seemed like the hotels were absolutely nuts.

I'll save my Monterey trip for the Rennsport Reunion, unless I get invited to something really cool this year (only a week to go!), lol.
Old 08-07-2015, 10:55 PM
bigkraig
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Reposting this here, as it potentially effects future historics:

There is a petition started to give SCRAMP (the non-profit that has been managing LS since the 50s) the chance to retain management over the track. It sounds like the county has been trying to quietly hand it over to ISC, who are NASCAR focused.

More info: http://www.mazdaraceway.com/announce...una-seca-local

Petition: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...eca-local.html
Old 08-08-2015, 04:37 PM
porschemeister
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Monterey Historics 2015 - Personal Recommendations

was really looking forward to come for my 10th consecutive Monterey carweek.and enjoy he events and eateries Eduardo is recommending. Had some biz issues pop up last minute so won't be able to make it...

Anyway, have 3 Quail Lodge tickets and one Jetcenter party ticket availabe (goes with one of the Quail tickets, so called super ticket)

If someone is interested, pls pm me
Old 08-14-2015, 02:30 PM
Ppy5
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Eduardo,

Thanks for the tips as I have decided to make a last minute trip from nyc. Do you think the 300 is worth it for the concours for a first timer if I'm by myself? I think I'm going to check out the gooding auction at pebble on Saturday and I wonder if that will be enough to get me access to the exhibitor tents I see set up outside the concours area.
Old 08-14-2015, 11:33 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Ppy5
Hi Eduardo,

Thanks for the tips as I have decided to make a last minute trip from nyc. Do you think the 300 is worth it for the concours for a first timer if I'm by myself? I think I'm going to check out the gooding auction at pebble on Saturday and I wonder if that will be enough to get me access to the exhibitor tents I see set up outside the concours area.
Yes, if you are going to be here, you need to experience Sunday's Concours d'Elegance, even if it cost you $300. The alternative is to attend the Sunday historic races at Laguna Seca. Either will capture the spirit of the Monterey Historics, since these are it's two premier 'signature' events for the week.

On Saturday you can wander around Pebble's Lodge / Peter Hay course and visit the various exhibitors that have set up temporary showrooms in the area. They range from MB to Bentley (on Palmero Way), and everything else in between (Jaguar, Nissan, Lexus, etc. at Peter Hay). Other than the entrance fee at Gooding, the other 'car entertainment' should free.

http://www.pebblebeachconcours.net/p...darKit2015.pdf

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 08-17-2015, 07:26 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,974 Likes on 917 Posts
Default what an epic event! some porsche related pics

my baby acting like she actually liked that nasty cigar... what a trooper!

my favorite color... poor nighttime shot but it was pearl white of some kind (eduardo?) with an off-center red stripe and carbon accents... beautiful.

it was raining 918's

my next run-about Porsche... to use in the city

Last edited by CAlexio; 08-17-2015 at 08:02 PM.
Old 08-17-2015, 07:31 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Default not STRICTLY Porsche-related.. forgive the transgression.. it's worth it.

check out the really valuable metal... er carbon... in the garage.

Old 08-17-2015, 07:41 PM
mile2424
Rennlist Member

Received 178 Likes on 63 Posts

great pics! Thanks for sharing. I am guessing that 918 was maybe Onxy white metallic? They had a couple of those on displays at the Zentrum in that color, a Panamera Hybrid, and a Cayenne I think? I am sure Eduardo will know what color it is?......
Old 08-17-2015, 08:23 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by CAlexio

my favorite color... poor nighttime shot but it was pearl white of some kind (eduardo?) with an off-center red stripe and carbon accents... beautiful.
Originally Posted by mile2424
great pics! Thanks for sharing. I am guessing that 918 was maybe Onxy white metallic? They had a couple of those on displays at the Zentrum in that color, a Panamera Hybrid, and a Cayenne I think? I am sure Eduardo will know what color it is?......
'Oryx White Metallic' was certainly approved for the 918, but the other possibility for the 918 that Alessandro photographed is 'Mirage Metallic Paladio' - 555/T1. One in that color was delivered to Porsche of Colorado Springs.

The former was $21K and the latter was $49K as PTS prices go in that top model. I didn't make it to the Quail Zentrum Party, so I never saw that car in person.

The person seating at the edge of the car is the owner of that Pagani. He is a friend from Colorado & Louisiana. I did a thread last year on this car when he first got it:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...-customer.html

Alessandro: Your girlfriend might be a 'trooper', but thankfully she doesn't look like a typical well-fed law enforcement officer!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 08-17-2015, 09:21 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Default Monterey Historics 2015 - Personal Recommendations

Eduardo,

The owner of that Pagani, also had a beautiful pale metallic blue McLaren F1 in his garage… All Montana plates of course, that's some significant tax savings there. An absolutely incredible driveway. Even his jaded as one can become after attending Pebble Beach, I think this took the cake
Old 08-18-2015, 02:28 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Eduardo,

The owner of that Pagani, also had a beautiful pale metallic blue McLaren F1 in his garage… All Montana plates of course, that's some significant tax savings there. An absolutely incredible driveway. Even his jaded as one can become after attending Pebble Beach, I think this took the cake
Alessandro:

Indeed my friend the Pagani owner has a McLaren F1 and a 12C, the latter which he showed at the Carmel Mission Classic on Wednesday. And he showed both the Pagani & the 12C last year there too:

He has other McLarens, several Ferraris (including an Enzo) and other assorted cars in his collection. But he doesn't live here in our area, so he rents a house for the Monterey Historics (usually in Pebble Beach). And Horatio Pagani has also started renting a house in the Monterey peninsula during the Historics to host a few dinners & events for his VIP customers.

What house location did you see the Paganis that you photographed for your post above?

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Quick Reply: Monterey Historics 2015 - Personal Recommendations