LO vs GR

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 03:33 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,628 Likes on 2,313 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
RL really needs to go back to resizing photos.
glad to know it's not just me can't figure it out.
Old 07-26-2015, 01:06 PM
Sloopy
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a reason LO is a new color and GR continues to be one of the Porsche colors that has lasted the test of time.

Bought my GR GT3 site unseen never having seen a GR in person. While red was not my first choice I have grown to love the color.
Old 07-26-2015, 02:26 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Yes, please!

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
So freaking annoying....
Indeed!
Old 07-26-2015, 03:28 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

For sure. I just noticed that instead of limiting pics to a max width and height of 1024x768 there is now a file size limit of 4.77mb with no dimensional restriction. It sure screws up sizing on the screen....
Old 07-26-2015, 05:29 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,450 Likes on 754 Posts

LO and GR are very different. I too prefer GR

But- Carmine red will be my next colored Porsche
Old 07-26-2015, 05:52 PM
Mcx
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Sloopy
There is a reason LO is a new color and GR continues to be one of the Porsche colors that has lasted the test of time.

Bought my GR GT3 site unseen never having seen a GR in person. While red was not my first choice I have grown to love the color.
Very good point.. when ordered my 50th anniversary i wasn't impressed with any of the colours. Now the graphite grey is my favourite colour of all, funny how that happens.
Old 07-26-2015, 08:15 PM
gt2urbo
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Never had a red car before gr on the gt3. Now I have a red Ferrari. I saw a Lo turbo s at the dealer. It's very pastel in person. i would love to see a gr pts rs.
Old 07-26-2015, 09:45 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,526 Likes on 5,055 Posts

Originally Posted by sportscentury
Yes, please!

Indeed!
Originally Posted by Mike in CA
For sure. I just noticed that instead of limiting pics to a max width and height of 1024x768 there is now a file size limit of 4.77mb with no dimensional restriction. It sure screws up sizing on the screen....
Read it on your mobile device. Resizes perfectly to fit your phone screen.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:59 AM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I saw LO in the flesh this Saturday. the concerns about a pink salmon hue are valid and to my eyes, the paint appears to have been mixed with milk! I did not like it at all. I'm glad I changed to UV although I have fears it will have a similar issue with "milk". FWIW, the wing on the RS appeared very proportional, perhaps because of the wider body.
Old 07-27-2015, 12:26 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 629 Likes on 415 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
I saw LO in the flesh this Saturday. the concerns about a pink salmon hue are valid and to my eyes, the paint appears to have been mixed with milk! I did not like it at all. I'm glad I changed to UV although I have fears it will have a similar issue with "milk". FWIW, the wing on the RS appeared very proportional, perhaps because of the wider body.
Completely agree. One other point I would add is that the car looks huge, really mean as well.

Here is LO with a "reference color" in the form of an orange bottle of Gatorade. There was a GR 991 C2S in the room and they look nothing alike.

Old 07-27-2015, 12:52 PM
DuckieRS
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
... Carmine red will be my next colored Porsche
LO & Carmine in bright sun taken with iPhone in Weissach last tuesday:

Old 07-27-2015, 03:50 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 282 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by signes
I just saw them both in person and they are not close at all. LO should be called Salmon, really what it looks like. Loads of pink, kind of milky. Would never order it and I consider myself to be a huge fan of orange (nothing better than an orange .7 RS).
That's exactly right and I have seen both in person. They are not close.
Old 07-28-2015, 08:31 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,450 Likes on 754 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
You will be very happy with UV. I have seen the panels in the shade and sun. I think in this color will surprise many.
Old 07-29-2015, 12:35 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts
Default 'Lava Mia'

Originally Posted by signes
I just saw them both in person and they are not close at all.
Originally Posted by CRex
In my own experience, photos do not do Lava Orange justice.
So true. At the end of our Porsche Leipzig tour on Monday, I sat for 20 minutes at the 'Customer Center' ground floor cafe right behind the 'Lava Orange' 991 gt3 RS they have on display at the lobby!

And though I tried to take a number of photos from many angles, none was able to capture how the human eye sees that color in person! Camera lenses lie...and this is particularly true when we see what my camera (and many other cameras like mine) are capturing in 'Lava Orange'. If I was a color designer at Porsche, I would never propose a color that would be so different in person than in photographs, especially one that has been chosen as the 'communications color' for the introduction of this important model!

Regardless how many of us here at Rennlist & elsewhere are second-guessing inclusion of this new hue into the Porsche color palette, trust me when I tell you that PAG is fully committed to this color in a variety of 991 models for MY2016 & perhaps beyond! And as such, the color will be associated forever with this version of the RS and its resale value (as a color) should not be much of a concern. And if its any consolation, the actual color in real life is a lot 'softer' that the photos make it look and will not be mistaken for 'Guards Red' by most enthusiasts.

Originally Posted by sportscentury
GR is classic. Growing less and less interested in lava.
How much less?

Saludos,
Eduardo
Castelsardo, Sardinia
Old 07-29-2015, 12:53 PM
shaytun
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default LO vs GR

Is UV available for GT3 as PTS or reserved for RS only?

Quick Reply: LO vs GR