2016 GT3 RS

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 07:53 AM
911_RS
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1

Hello Everyone,

2016 GT3RS will not lose value anytime soon. I was informed by my dealer there will be 320 copies arriving stateside. Deliveries started mid-July and I took delivery of mine early August.

I deposited money back in 2013 so I did not pay over sticker, but that was a two year and three months wait but was well worth it! If you can get your hands on one, do yourself a favor and get one. Whether I will pay over sticker is your call, it's your money but the car is simply stunning and amazing!

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Nice! Congratulations on your RS.. It's really a collectible, I guess they will build only 1,000 - 2,000 units worldwide. (just a rough estimate) but still not enough for the demand nowadays!
Old 08-28-2015, 08:21 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Hello 911_RS,

Thank you for your compliments. My dealer has informed me that there will be 320 copies of this 991 GT3RS coming stateside. Not sure if there will be more coming as there is no final word yet for total production output, world wide.

I think your estimate is correct about 1,000 to 2,000 copies world wide due to the small size of the production team of Porsche compared to a bigger production team like Mercedes Benz (i.e., AMG).

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Old 08-28-2015, 09:16 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,099 Likes on 1,011 Posts

Congrats
Old 08-28-2015, 11:01 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Hello mrsullivan, signes, and Maverick787,

Thank you for your kind words. I am just fortunate enough that my dealer honored my deposit for the first available "allocation" for a GT3RS. We've been a long time Porsche owners. My dealer's second GT3RS allocation went to their 918 Spyder owner who took his time ordered his GT3RS soon after the launch of the GT3RS back in Geneva Car Show. The second GT3RS is due for delivery this October. Their third GT3RS allocation is due this December and that is a person who put a deposit more than a year before the March 2015 Geneva Car Show. All three of us are paying MSRP on our GT3RS. We are fortunate to have an honest and decent Porsche dealership.

The rate this car is going having very low supply with high public demand makes the over sticker pricing go insane. Insane enough that there is astronomical price gouging of an average $100K over sticker.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Old 08-29-2015, 02:04 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,022 Likes on 2,292 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
Hello mrsullivan, signes, and Maverick787,

Thank you for your kind words. I am just fortunate enough that my dealer honored my deposit for the first available "allocation" for a GT3RS. We've been a long time Porsche owners. My dealer's second GT3RS allocation went to their 918 Spyder owner who took his time ordered his GT3RS soon after the launch of the GT3RS back in Geneva Car Show. The second GT3RS is due for delivery this October. Their third GT3RS allocation is due this December and that is a person who put a deposit more than a year before the March 2015 Geneva Car Show. All three of us are paying MSRP on our GT3RS. We are fortunate to have an honest and decent Porsche dealership.

The rate this car is going having very low supply with high public demand makes the over sticker pricing go insane. Insane enough that there is astronomical price gouging of an average $100K over sticker.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Congrats on the car and enjoy in good health. You and guys that put deposits down over 1-2 years ago deserve the car at MSRP and I'm glad to hear that your dealer honored that, much props to them. I learned a lesson and put down deposits for the .2GT cars in the Spring so I'm hoping to one of those dealers comes through for me.

Btw, mind PMing the name of your dealer?
Old 08-29-2015, 03:57 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Hello usctrojanGT3,

Thank you for your kind words. I wish you can fulfill your goal and aspiration in securing your GT3RS. I think we all know the demand is so overwhelming with very limited supply. Yeah it is so HOT right now people are willing to pay at an insane average cost of US$100K over MSRP. I had been getting emails from dealers in and out of state inquiring if I am interested flipping the car to them for at least US$50K to US$75K. One guy (I suspected a car broker), and after a lengthy conversation revealed he is a car broker is wiling to pay US$75K and I gathered he will flip this and export to China for more money!

When I took delivery I also bought the mechanical extended warranty (eight years or 75,000 miles and transferable), along with the tire and wheel warranty (seven years or 65,000 miles and transferable). The car, taxes, fees, license, registration, extended warranties, factory GT3RS car cover, total cash price, a few dollars short of US$235K. Then word spread around town, I have friends of friends who came to know I have the 2016 991 GT3RS and one wealthy young guy was bold enough to offer me, ready for this..... US$320K. This guy is not kidding and as serious as a heart attack.

Money is always good to have. The question you guys have to ask yourselves though is this. Does the money you have make you happy, or having what you truly want, in this case a 991 GT3RS is? I suggest bargain hard and try to get this 991 GT3RS as low as possible you can. What I do know is, this currently is the reigning King in the GT3RS model series. But the Best GT3RS is the next one.

usctrojanGT3, I will PM you my dealer but heads up he is only assured of three GT3RS and all are spoken for. He will ONLY accept a deposit if he knows he has an allocation. By far the best Porsche dealer I have encountered. However you can establish a relationship with him and who knows if his dealership gets more allocation in the future you might be able to get one.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Old 08-29-2015, 07:43 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

It's madness isn't it. In the UK my 2 year old 991 GT3 with 14,000 km (8500 miles) just sold for $50,000 USD above what it cost. Or should I say my friends car identical to mine and that money was in his hand. The dealer sold it for $20k more. For my friend it paid for the upgrade to the RS (essentially he gets the RS for same price he paid for the GT3!). His RS arrives in November and he could sell that for $75k USD more than what he paid (mSRP), the day he gets it. But here's the rub. He now doesn't want to use the RS as he's a bit fearful. His track cover will now have to be at least $125,000 higher than with his GT3 and that will add around $7000 of track insurance cost a year for him and he is worried that if he damages it he will loose the speculative premium. He's now on the list for the "limited edition last of run RS" the dealers in UK/Europe have rumoured and will sell the RS to finance this then keep it as an investment and buy a dedicated track car and DD (the GT3 was a DD, weekend AND track car). He was never a collector before this speculative market started - he used to drive and enjoy them. However he isn't super wealthy so this'll whole experiences s he says gas spoiled him. As he says after the RS and then the LE RS (if it comes) he'd just like to pick up a 991 GT3 again even if it's at original list with some miles on it so he can enjoy it's without worrying. Crazy thing is by the time he does this it will be a free car from the 50k he makes on the GT3, the 75k on the RS and maybe 75k on the LE RS!!! Only problem is it will be 2-3 years of his life before he can drive in anger and on track etc again and it's seriously messing with his head!!

The market is in a unique place right now. However it's also very vulnerable and volatile out there so anything can happen and change can be swift...
Old 08-30-2015, 12:21 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,648 Likes on 765 Posts

Hi Macca I guess that's how one finds new old cars. What a waste.

If it appreciates while driven hard and enjoyed great, not one or the other.
Guess I will represent the high track mile, low price point again if/when I sell.
Old 08-30-2015, 01:26 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,022 Likes on 2,292 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Hi Macca I guess that's how one finds new old cars. What a waste.

If it appreciates while driven hard and enjoyed great, not one or the other.
Guess I will represent the high track mile, low price point again if/when I sell.
You drive the car hard and enjoy it, I want those gremlins shaken out of the car by the time I buy it. It's those low mileage creme puffs that have been bubble wrapped and wiped with a diaper and sit around for years that worry me the most. I won't have to compete against deep pocket collectors when it comes time to buy your car.

Quick Reply: 2016 GT3 RS