Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS sport chrono or not

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 07:13 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

I ordered it again on my RS - it will keep getting improved as it becomes more widespread.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:33 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 310 Likes on 163 Posts

The 997 SC looked like a wart. The 991 SC looks cool. Without SC on the 991 GT3, the dash looks barren and empty. I suppose a hula girl bobblehead could occupy the empty space, but this is a GT3!
Old 06-15-2015, 08:45 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 211 Posts

I've ordered it on all my P cars.
I like it. Don't care what others think.
Old 06-15-2015, 11:46 PM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
I've said it before and ill say it again.

The app works. And works just fine.

Is it as slick and technologically facile to use as the PDR system in the C7 Z06?

No, of course not.

But then our cars don't routinely overheat after 10 minutes of semi-hard tracking in 100F ambient temps.

That's a trade off that seems pretty good to me. Even at $1800 a pop.

YMMV. Obviously.

I was on the fence but added it. I like the way it looks and find the clock function useful. From the latest reports, the Track function now works and is bound to be improved as new software updates become available. IMHO, it is far more likely to be a Plus for resale than a Minus, since it is installed in virtually all Turbos and hot 911s and likely to be welcomed by many resale buyers. Another 1% added to my cost for ANY possible performance improvement seems like a good investment to me.
Old 06-18-2015, 11:53 AM
wilcaz
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kyrocks
I've ordered it on all my P cars.
I like it. Don't care what others think.
It's worthwhile on most P cars because it gives you launch control for PDK and a few other features. GT3/RS already have these without the package.
Old 06-18-2015, 11:58 AM
Selvatico
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered mine without it..And will buy a Vbox video and data logging system separately..
Old 06-18-2015, 12:06 PM
Metzeger
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

i order mine whithout. I install an AIM solo and smartycam much better
Old 06-18-2015, 12:09 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,026 Likes on 479 Posts

For what its worth, I've told almost every one of my friends getting one that its not nearly worth it and to go for the clean worth. So all 4 of my friends (and then probably two more) are going to not get it and are fine with it. I don't see this affecting resale at ALL. The Lithium Battery option however is a little tougher...
Old 06-18-2015, 01:59 PM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

Track app works just fine, get it if you like trackdriving. See My gt4 thread how to set it up. Very easy steep by steep. The instant return value is great in terms of geting a film With your cars data. Just let iPhone play it thru Apple tv or hdmi to your Big screen tv, get some friends over, have a drink and see how god/bad drivers you are. Its accually Moore easy to get instant acces and watch this film and this great car data wich is transfered to the app via cars wifi to app. To get it from racelogics is more of a time consuming issue.

But if on iPhone you must have vbox-sport 20hz gps, if on android get qustaz 10hz gps reciver, if not the app Will never be accurate, speeds Will lagg and laptimes Will not be correct. Same go For Harry, its crap if only filmed With iPhone without 10-20hz gps reciver. The vbox-sport use bluetooth to hook up to iPhone, works great With app, very easy. As Well lap Times' is correct as vbox-HD was in My car to check this!!

Old 06-18-2015, 03:46 PM
Badknees
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where is the video camera located? Does it's appearance detract from the looks of the car? I did not like the large radar unit that was in the grills of the 991 that had the Active Cruise Control option.
Old 06-18-2015, 03:55 PM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sechsgang
For what its worth, I've told almost every one of my friends getting one that its not nearly worth it and to go for the clean worth. So all 4 of my friends (and then probably two more) are going to not get it and are fine with it. I don't see this affecting resale at ALL. The Lithium Battery option however is a little tougher...
Agreed. I see zero impact on resale. Conversely, some people will not buy with it. And, you'll never recover the $1800 on resale. Lack of SC has never been detrimental to resale nor has the lack of the lift. If one likes it get it. No harm either way. Just more money to spend in the end.
Old 06-18-2015, 05:16 PM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Those seen my thred on my car might remember I told the car understeer quite at a few bends, as I said if one look at the video one see this clear thru green lighting on over or understeer in app video! Anyway this can also seen easy in analyz program but For sure seen in film when My steering wheel go nuts in section adenauer forst(see film) or see datatrace from app below

Spike upward is oversteer, so as easy as film show I only oversteer My car in this 7.38 btg lap once. Spike downwards is understeer:-). I could also see at what angle of slip/drift. You can see the LOT like everything very easy and direct. Racelogics or Harrys cant accually compare as them are not at all so easy and intuitivt to read/see car data as easy
I would guess this is where i trigger My ESC on My lap

Tire pressure the whole lap around, if anything my camber setting would in the future be set up more aggressive than factory set as of now. This meen I Will not raise My front tire temp as much and this can fore sure be confirmed by this gismo:-)
What next? Speed/time?

Vmax at swedenx 252 km/h gps speed, thru speed. Next dip vmin thru swedenx scary ofcamber fast left 182km/h gps speed(cars in front) I would say a clear run gt4 Will do at least ap. 195-200 km/vmin thru here.

You choose what to see? Wheelspin ? Braking G, corner G, gaspedal angle, brake pressure, steering angle? Speed, rpm, gear, speed, time differ, cardata. Harrys or racelogics is not as easy and god as this total, especally when you consider how easy you acces all of this!

To me If I just see a datatrace from nur I would know exakt wher its is, but For those not as easy you go here

Or here to see where the datatrace are.

Like this White marker is now at adenauer forst at lap nur. My vmin thru here is 76km/h gps speed( move crusor slow over iPhone screen it find exact correct speed, i move it fast to show a point, hence 76 and 74 in film. Whats yours speeds? Peak befor this is vmax foxhole, Big peak before that vmax swedenx. What speeds do you guys pull here in your gt4/gt3? Who in their right mind could Call this app crap? I think that is a fair question accually.
No god vmin at adenauer forst, Well here is My reason why! How bad is this app...really?

The germanz dont move out of the way, thats why My vmin sucks thru adenauer forst.

Last edited by Nur93; 06-18-2015 at 06:01 PM.
Old 06-18-2015, 07:24 PM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

See my gt4 thread if keen on track app. https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/8723...at-car-14.html
Old 06-19-2015, 06:33 AM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Badknees
Where is the video camera located? Does it's appearance detract from the looks of the car? I did not like the large radar unit that was in the grills of the 991 that had the Active Cruise Control option.
The video camera is My iphone6, and a holder wich you mount just under you mirror in the front Window of car. Its not in your drivingwiev, it do not disturb.
Old 06-19-2015, 11:11 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts
Default GT3RS sport chrono or not

Over the years, I think I've proven my ability to be technologically savvy. Yes, the app and the firmware in the car are up to date. Despite this, the app has been unreliable for me using an iPhone 5 that has been wipe clean with the only app installed being the Porsche track app.

Most recently the app recorded laps but no video despite the video record setting being switched to 'on'
The app has stopped working in the middle of a lap.
The app has overlaid video from a different track on a different day
The app has overlaid video way out of sync

The app has worked flawlessly for me once. At Laguna Seca.

The app cannot export video.

Quick Reply: GT3RS sport chrono or not