Sponsored by:

Look what I got from FVD today!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2015, 01:53 AM
Gt3Fan
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SunnySD
I assumed Left =driver's side and Right = passenger. When I put them on as labeled the plates ended up on the bottom.
That's what I assumed but went the opposit when I could see no difference. I did call and leave a message with fvd for clarification
Old 06-14-2015, 11:43 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

Does the PSE button still function
Old 06-14-2015, 11:49 AM
Ducati1199
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Is it a must to remove rear bumper to do this mod?
Did you consider center bypass as well or would that turn it into a street obnoxious monster (not to mention a cop magnet as well!) Txs.
Old 06-14-2015, 12:11 PM
Gt3Fan
Racer

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Does the PSE button still function
No because it's just one pipe from the side bipass going right into the center muffler. The entire mechanism that sits on the upper pipe from the stock muffler is gone. I didn't as I never drive the car without the PSE on.

Originally Posted by Ducati1199
Did you consider center bypass as well or would that turn it into a street obnoxious monster (not to mention a cop magnet as well!) Txs.
The rear bumper is litter 4-5 screws, takes 2-3 mins to get off, but yes, you need to take off the apron/cowl to get to the side mufflers to remove them. The hardest part was actually getting the bolts off the studs that held the side mufflers to the center muffler. Everything else was incredibly easy.

In retrospect, I should have taken off the center muffler along with the sides and then removed the sides from it, when it was off the car. The angles were incredibly awkward and the studs coming out of the center muffler are fragile, I broke two.

Not sure the layout of the sharwerks but possibly it makes it much easier to get to the bolts and unscrew the pipes from the sides mufflers off.
Old 06-14-2015, 12:33 PM
SunnySD
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ducati1199
To get the side mufflers out; the bumper needs to come off. Getting the bumper off is really easy. Adding the center muffler would essentially be straight pipes after the cats. In California I'd get pulled over in a flash.
Old 06-15-2015, 05:16 PM
mainly
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Side muffler bypass! They Should sound the same as the BBI install; although I paid $365 plus shipping. I think they raised the price to $399. Still a better price( they are just 90 degree pipes). Can't wait to install them this weekend.
so this delets the valves completely huh...

notice any power/torque loss?
Old 06-15-2015, 10:34 PM
Gt3Fan
Racer

Originally Posted by mainly
so this delets the valves completely huh...

notice any power/torque loss?
Yes and no, if anything the car seems more torque and responsive but that could largely be due the greatly heightened sense of intensity in sound.
Old 06-15-2015, 11:08 PM
SunnySD
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Gt3Fan
Yes and no, if anything the car seems more torque and responsive but that could largely be due the greatly heightened sense of intensity in sound.
I'll totally agree feels like more the car is more responsive. Is it the 40lb weight loss? Is it the actually more torque? Or just does it just "seem" like more because the sound is so much better. It's hard to tell except, the new symphony of sound is great.
Old 06-15-2015, 11:27 PM
Gt3Fan
Racer

I'll totally agree feels like more the car is more responsive. Is it the 40lb weight loss? Is it the actually more torque? Or just does it just "seem" like more because the sound is so much better. It's hard to tell except, the new symphony of sound is great.
Something feels noticeably different but I can't disern if it's "the Ferrari placebo effect" occurring due to the much louder and emotional sound playing tricks on my brain or my car is actually faster.
Old 06-16-2015, 09:03 PM
vdar
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got mine installed as well. A little surprised to be charged $300 for install (2.5hrs labor) but happy with the results!

Just a short drive home so far, but echo the reports above about a deeper, louder sound at lower RPMs and an altogether more exotic feeling. Woo!

Interestingly, the more consistent sound through the rev range actually sounds more "natural" to me and probably what it should sound like from the factory!

My pipes are installed with the FVD plate facing down like above. Definitely no resonance vibration and actually much LESS drone so far than with the side mufflers in place but valves disconnected. Yay!!
Old 06-16-2015, 11:24 PM
Gt3Fan
Racer

Originally Posted by vdar
Just got mine installed as well. A little surprised to be charged $300 for install (2.5hrs labor) but happy with the results!

Just a short drive home so far, but echo the reports above about a deeper, louder sound at lower RPMs and an altogether more exotic feeling. Woo!

Interestingly, the more consistent sound through the rev range actually sounds more "natural" to me and probably what it should sound like from the factory!

My pipes are installed with the FVD plate facing down like above. Definitely no resonance vibration and actually much LESS drone so far than with the side mufflers in place but valves disconnected. Yay!!
I think that's a good way of putting it, how the car should/would sound naturally
Old 06-17-2015, 04:22 AM
Mechanicalrepair
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hi, newbie here, just a quick ask, what do you people who have these pipes fitted do with the silencers, would anyone like t sell them?

I am looking for some replacement parts.

Many thanks, Carl
Old 06-17-2015, 10:18 PM
Gt3Fan
Racer

Originally Posted by Mechanicalrepair
hi, newbie here, just a quick ask, what do you people who have these pipes fitted do with the silencers, would anyone like t sell them?

I am looking for some replacement parts.

Many thanks, Carl
I tossed mine, there is no place for silencers in a car like this.

J/k should my estrogen levels start to raise I very well might put them back on.
Old 06-23-2015, 05:36 AM
rollsroy
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Just installed mine. I love them!

However, did anyone else have a really hard time putting the doughnut gaskets on the fvd pipes? I had to literally hit them onto the pipe to fit.

Quick Reply: Look what I got from FVD today!