Sponsored by:

The penny finally dropped.

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 11:32 AM
tasman
Race Car

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by irish guitar
After a respectful 1000 mile break-in, I took my 3 to 9k. Holy sh*t, what a rush! I had been driving in manual and pulling the paddles myself up till then, as I didn't want PDK Sport to pull up to near redline. I hadn't really gone beyond 6-7krpm previously. However, it's a whole different animal when it's let off the hook.

Now that I've discovered it's true talents, I had to park it up and go on tour for the rest of the year. Should have beat up on it sooner...

Smoke 'em if you have 'em.

Vivian
Congrats Vivian. I got mine home last nite after 15 hours and 1,000 miles. Broke 1500 miles total. I popped the cherry about 5 miles from home. Unbelievable! Have fun on the tour. If you need someone to exercise the 3's let me know and I'll fly out and unchain them for a bit. LOL

Tal
Old 04-12-2015, 11:52 AM
OCturbo
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Vivian - I have been going to your concerts for many years - usually see you play at verizon wireless in irvine. Congrats on your long and outstanding career with DL and enjoy your gt3!
Old 04-12-2015, 10:28 PM
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Vivian - Good to hear it's worth the wait. I'm still under 500 miles and holding back hasn't been easy. Just when you can sense the raw power coming on at 4500, you have to back off. It's so mild mannered for the first 4,500 RPM. I had to look up the HP curve to reassure myself this was the right car. Then I realized there's another ~240 HP after 4500. That's as much power as a 964!

30 year fan of DL. Caught the Dallas show in '09 and taking my son to the Austin show in August which is on his 15th birthday. Of all the reasons for letting a 3 sit in the garage, playing guitar for DL has to be the best!
Old 04-14-2015, 03:43 PM
irish guitar
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks for all the well wishes, everyone. If you see us coming through your city, drop me a PM and maybe we can grab a coffee/beer. I'm obsessed with all things automotive and I always like to talk P cars with like-minded folks.

In the meantime, enjoy your GT3s. While I'm traveling I have to get my car kicks vicariously through your R'list posts!

Vivian
Old 04-14-2015, 07:37 PM
MileHigh911
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Too bad you couldn't drag the Gt3 along and hit the tracks in the towns you play. That would be a blast!! Love to see you at High Plains Raceway in Denver!!!!
Old 04-14-2015, 07:48 PM
MileHigh911
Three Wheelin'

Looks like I'll be at your concert Sept 26th in Denver. I have a suite there and wouldn't miss it man!!
Old 04-14-2015, 09:42 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,337 Likes on 704 Posts

Thanks for all the well wishes, everyone. If you see us coming through your city, drop me a PM and maybe we can grab a coffee/beer. I'm obsessed with all things automotive and I always like to talk P cars with like-minded folks.

In the meantime, enjoy your GT3s. While I'm traveling I have to get my car kicks vicariously through your R'list posts!

Vivian
Will do. Always fun to talk cars with a fellow gearhead.

Besides, the best way to fight GT3 deprivation on tour, might be to arrange some canyon carving at 9K, behind the wheel of a local GT3 from a rennlister living wherever you're playing that week!
Old 04-15-2015, 09:50 AM
sasportas
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Wait

I waited 60 miles. Just enough to get it home safely from delivery.

Now it purrs like a finely crafted German machine.

Just add fuel and drive it like "you.............it."
Old 04-15-2015, 10:40 AM
Bokke
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

Vivian
So cool, congrats!

When hitting 9k it's like "Animal!"

Although spirited driving with "Armadeddon It" is amazing.....

Looking forward to seeing you on your next stop in Dallas/Texas!

Old 04-15-2015, 10:49 AM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

After a respectful 1000 mile break-in, I took my 3 to 9k. Holy sh*t, what a rush! I had been driving in manual and pulling the paddles myself up till then, as I didn't want PDK Sport to pull up to near redline. I hadn't really gone beyond 6-7krpm previously. However, it's a whole different animal when it's let off the hook.

Now that I've discovered it's true talents, I had to park it up and go on tour for the rest of the year. Should have beat up on it sooner...

Smoke 'em if you have 'em.

Vivian
Oh man congrats on hitting 9k...pardon me for just making the connection...as a lead guitar player/hack myself...I was/am a huge fan of your days with Dio...Thinking Holy Diver !!! One of my favorite guitarists of all time.
Attached Images  
Old 04-15-2015, 11:21 AM
mdkim
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rockitman
Oh man congrats on hitting 9k...pardon me for just making the connection...as a lead guitar player/hack myself...I was/am a huge fan of your days with Dio...Thinking Holy Diver !!! One of my favorite guitarists of all time.
IMO some of Vivian's best stuff! RIP Ronnie.
Old 04-15-2015, 02:41 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by mdkim
IMO some of Vivian's best stuff! RIP Ronnie.
That was my favorite metal era...late 70's to early 80's...
Some of my other favs I tried to emulate:
Randy Rhoads
Michael Schenker
Yngwie Malmsteen
Eddie Van Halen
Glenn Tipton

I'm getting old...lol
Old 04-21-2015, 11:51 PM
LAGinz
Pro

That's why we need an upgraded stereo--because loud music and fast cars definitely DO go together!! The other thing in common is that great cars and great players like Vivian stand the test of time, while the pretenders fade away. Saw Van Halen a few weeks ago live on Hollywood Blvd. and he can still wail--and saw Clapton do a version of Voodoo Chile at the Greek just a few years ago that I still have not fully recovered from!

Quick Reply: The penny finally dropped.