Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bert Smith Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2015 | 01:44 AM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
Other than Mooty's signature footer, I think there should be a wall of fame and wall of shame on RL for dealers. What is interesting to me, though, is my principled feeling with one dealer and why I'm pissed off is another's opportunity. I don't want to pay >MRSP on a GT3 but others do. So I'm pissed at the dealer, but someone else is happy to swoop in, pay, and give glowing reviews of the dealer. The dealers know this.
Agreed. Word would travel relatively fast as it's a fairly small community and it would kind of take on a life of it's own. I for one would love to see management from one of the so called arrogant/gouging over MSRP dealers see a running total of sold GT3's move to other dealers. Maybe it's wishful thinking but my guess is if a dozen or two GT3's sales moved from one of those dealers to smaller lesser known but upstanding dealers it would make an impression on them. Get some allocations to move away from them etc.
Old 05-20-2015 | 03:42 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
Agreed. Word would travel relatively fast as it's a fairly small community and it would kind of take on a life of it's own. I for one would love to see management from one of the so called arrogant/gouging over MSRP dealers see a running total of sold GT3's move to other dealers. Maybe it's wishful thinking but my guess is if a dozen or two GT3's sales moved from one of those dealers to smaller lesser known but upstanding dealers it would make an impression on them. Get some allocations to move away from them etc.
indeed. and RL, you should all write to carlsen b/c i am still waiting for my RS to be purchased at 10% back of their actual cost. that may make me go back again. i do mean it seriously about u all sending them email, text, phone calls.
Old 05-20-2015 | 03:48 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

WHY do you deal with rusnak?
have you not heard their story?
i grew up near their lot. porsche/mercedez, bad service, bad sales, just BAD in a BAD way,

Originally Posted by consolidated
Amazing how tough it is to buy a house-priced car. I'm with you, until the paperwork is in hand and my butt is in an orange seat I'm not counting any chickens. Buckled up.
took me a while to understand. thought you bought a mclaren F1 or 2 bugattis. then i noticed u are in TX. if i can find a house or even a 1 bed room sh*thole in SF for $250k, i buy everyone of them. imagine how many more RS i can buy if i moved to TX ;-)

Originally Posted by dark knight
how can it be this hard to buy a car?
well, if you are richard gear and bring your lady to Bev Hills, it shouldn't be too heard based on the movie and PLEASE tell them you need some SERIOUS a** kissing.
Old 05-20-2015 | 08:56 AM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

i remember when the Mitsubishi evo came out, they had a bad dealer list on their forum
Old 05-20-2015 | 10:04 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Somebody start the good and bad dealer sticky thread! I would love to but I'm not savvy enough. Maybe one of the Mod's could help?
Old 05-20-2015 | 10:32 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Originally Posted by mooty

took me a while to understand. thought you bought a mclaren F1 or 2 bugattis. then i noticed u are in TX. if i can find a house or even a 1 bed room sh*thole in SF for $250k, i buy everyone of them. imagine how many more RS i can buy if i moved to TX ;-)
I'm the only Asian guy in Austin living in a shack. I wasn't born into oil and can't code.
Old 05-21-2015 | 09:48 AM
ATXGT3
Banned

Thank you for not moving here...seems like every other person from CA is
Old 05-21-2015 | 10:08 AM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ATXGT3
thats the problem people from California are moving away escaping to other states but they vote for the same kind of people that effeed up CA and wonder why their new state is beginning to suck, Im not from Cali, Im moving to TX in a few years, I wont vote for people who will mess TX up, Im moving to Texas to be a Texan, I want to live in Dallas and eat at Bone Daddys BBq, carry my gun and drive my car
Old 05-22-2015 | 12:51 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by ATXGT3
no worries, i like california girls

Originally Posted by dark knight
thats the problem people from California are moving away escaping to other states but they vote for the same kind of people that effeed up CA and wonder why their new state is beginning to suck, Im not from Cali, Im moving to TX in a few years, I wont vote for people who will mess TX up, Im moving to Texas to be a Texan, I want to live in Dallas and eat at Bone Daddys BBq, carry my gun and drive my car
vote. waste of time.
now if the booth has internet, i may surf RL from there.
Old 05-22-2015 | 07:21 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

no worries, i like california girls

Well they are all moving here also...we don't like them...so try and keep as many there as possible

Quick Reply: Bert Smith Porsche