Sponsored by:

GT4- porsche nailed it

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 11:42 PM
Mass_K
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
You know - it really hit me right there. Porsche is brilliant. All these young and older kids who can afford this car will try to get one. Which means you are going to see a lot of accidents out there while these young kids learn inevitably, the hard way, that these are not really toys.

After this encounter; I all of a sudden no longer wanted a GT4 for some reason

Are kids loving cars a bad thing. Without them, how are there any of you? (you as in car lovers)
Old 04-01-2015, 11:45 PM
Mass_K
Advanced

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
Just silly to put people in brackets because of age.....
Totally agree
Old 04-02-2015, 12:30 AM
Polesitter
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Explain to me again what the problem is with the hot, half naked girl already in my bedroom......
Not a damned thing wrong with her. You can see her coming a mile away and know exactly how that is going to go. All good.

The librarian is just much more of a wild card. She doesn't work out, is only wearing a little make up and doesn't have an unlimited budget to make herself perfect. But what if she did ?
Old 04-02-2015, 12:49 AM
Mass_K
Advanced

Originally Posted by Polesitter
Not a damned thing wrong with her. You can see her coming a mile away and know exactly how that is going to go. All good.

The librarian is just much more of a wild card. She doesn't work out, is only wearing a little make up and doesn't have an unlimited budget to make herself perfect. But what if she did ?
Personally I would choose the really hot librarian too
Old 04-02-2015, 01:04 AM
Polesitter
Rennlist Member

I have been talking to one of the premier Porsche race teams about what we could potentially do with a GT4 and still keep it in streetable form.

A 435 hp librarian with a few other trick parts would be an interesting exercise.
Old 04-02-2015, 01:28 AM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz
Always an Hairdresser 981
just a faster one
but more the P buyers more the budget
to keep PAG R&D going on low margin GT3 ones

First lesson you learn buying P cars nothing
is for free any kind of profit cash or either through
flag models marketing return have to be there
So 981 has its own helping somehow either future GT3
^^^English my native language but I have NO idea what this means ^^^
Old 04-02-2015, 01:47 AM
Ducati1199
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
Only thing I can offer is that the avg age of a 997gt3 buyer was 44 and avg annual income was ~ $500k.
Maybe we ought to do a RL poll on annual salary? Or is that to crass?
Old 04-02-2015, 02:20 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 144 Likes on 77 Posts

Just to be clear, I have nothing against sexy librarians either....
Old 04-02-2015, 02:28 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 667 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by golfnutintib
^^^English my native language but I have NO idea what this means ^^^
Even if you are fluent in both English and Mooty, that post is tough to decipher.
Old 04-02-2015, 02:32 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,800 Likes on 2,376 Posts

Originally Posted by nova996
Wow, the condescension is strong in this one, even by RL standards. Maybe PCA chapters need to start having adult run groups soon now that Porsche has made a kiddie track car?

I think at 43, I will be the oldest GT4 owner? Maybe I should get mine in blue after all... or at least Porsche should make me a plaque.
dont worry, i am way older.

I have positions on a new RS and a GT4, so my view may be a little more objective or unusual than someone that is locked into one of the two new cars. I am fortunate to be able to buy both cars and have already convinced my wife the GT4 is hers. (complete BS btw).

Anyway, I am inexplicably more enamored with the prospect of the GT4 than the RS and I have been thinking about why. I think the reason is that the RS embodies "be all you can be" as the zenith of Porsche GT car technology. Great. But, I believe the GT4 has enormous untapped potential. My conclusion is that the intrigue of the potential in the GT4 platform has me more excited than experiencing the best of what can be delivered, as embodied in the RS. I know there is more there, even if it isn't clearly visible.

The RS is the hot, half naked girl already in your bedroom. The GT4 is the sexy librarian that you finally convinced to have a drink with you and haven't quite figured out just yet. That's the best analogy I can come up with.

Go ahead, crucify me. I know what forum I just posted this on.
i have both allocation and getting both as well. your description above is very keen and right on. and i might add...
GT3 is a waltz
GT4 likes to salsa

both great gut different.
Old 04-02-2015, 03:45 AM
neuroguru
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
How the heck else can I make up an excuse to take a nice little drive in my baby - and do not tell my Wife that nobody goes to a video store any more
Oh, I get it. You told your wife you were in a 'video store'.

Was that 'kid' who was short of breath wearing a grey suit and a red bowtie?
Old 04-02-2015, 03:58 AM
neuroguru
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It goes without saying, but the guys that are on the top of their game driving cars competitively are in their 20s-30s like any world-class athletes.

For example:

Porsche 2013 Young Driver Academy Class

2013 Participant Driver Profiles

Angel Andres Benitez, Jr. 24 years old, from Valencia, Venezuela. Currently in third place in the IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge by Yokohama Platinum class point standings driving for NGT Motorsports. Benitez has won four series races including Watkins Glen earlier this year. The Glen event was the 100th GT3 Cup Challenge race held. In 2012, he was IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Gold class champion, winning 11 of the 15 rounds and finishing off the podium only once.

Michael Lewis. 22 years old from Laguna Beach, Calif. and currently attending Cal State Fullerton. He is in his second year running the Formula 3 Euro Series driving a Mercedes-powered Dallara F312. In 2012, he scored one win and several podiums, ending the season eighth in the championship. As a result, Lewis became only the second American to be selected to the FIA Institute Young Driver Excellence Academy. In 2011, he was top rookie and second overall in the Formula 3 Italia Championship.

David Ostella. 21 years old from Maple (Toronto area), ONT. Ostella had a terrific 2013 winning the Ultra 94 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Canada by Michelin with two podiums at the final event at Calabogie Motorsports Park in Ontario. In only his first year in sports car racing, he finished the season with two wins and nine podium finishes. He also competed in several IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge events in the U.S., with a fourth place at the most recent Baltimore street race. Additionally, he ran the 12 Hours of Sebring in 2013, winning the Prototype Challenge class with co-drivers with David Cheng and Mike Guasch.

Madison Snow. 17 years old, from Lehi, Utah, a senior in high school. At the age of 15, Snow won the 2011 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Gold Cup title, the youngest driver to ever win a Porsche one-marque Cup race, let alone a championship. He moved to the Platinum class in 2012, finishing second in the championship. With five wins in 2013, Snow currently leads the overall points chase by 38 points. Father Martin and mother Melanie are both racers, have won the 1999 12 Hours of Sebring together as well as the first ALMS GTC championship together – both times in Porsches.
Old 04-02-2015, 07:42 AM
Polesitter
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by neuroguru
It goes without saying, but the guys that are on the top of their game driving cars competitively are in their 20s-30s like any world-class athletes. For example: Porsche 2013 Young Driver Academy Class 2013 Participant Driver Profiles Angel Andres Benitez, Jr. 24 years old, from Valencia, Venezuela. Currently in third place in the IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge by Yokohama Platinum class point standings driving for NGT Motorsports. Benitez has won four series races including Watkins Glen earlier this year. The Glen event was the 100th GT3 Cup Challenge race held. In 2012, he was IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Gold class champion, winning 11 of the 15 rounds and finishing off the podium only once. Michael Lewis. 22 years old from Laguna Beach, Calif. and currently attending Cal State Fullerton. He is in his second year running the Formula 3 Euro Series driving a Mercedes-powered Dallara F312. In 2012, he scored one win and several podiums, ending the season eighth in the championship. As a result, Lewis became only the second American to be selected to the FIA Institute Young Driver Excellence Academy. In 2011, he was top rookie and second overall in the Formula 3 Italia Championship. David Ostella. 21 years old from Maple (Toronto area), ONT. Ostella had a terrific 2013 winning the Ultra 94 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Canada by Michelin with two podiums at the final event at Calabogie Motorsports Park in Ontario. In only his first year in sports car racing, he finished the season with two wins and nine podium finishes. He also competed in several IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge events in the U.S., with a fourth place at the most recent Baltimore street race. Additionally, he ran the 12 Hours of Sebring in 2013, winning the Prototype Challenge class with co-drivers with David Cheng and Mike Guasch. Madison Snow. 17 years old, from Lehi, Utah, a senior in high school. At the age of 15, Snow won the 2011 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Gold Cup title, the youngest driver to ever win a Porsche one-marque Cup race, let alone a championship. He moved to the Platinum class in 2012, finishing second in the championship. With five wins in 2013, Snow currently leads the overall points chase by 38 points. Father Martin and mother Melanie are both racers, have won the 1999 12 Hours of Sebring together as well as the first ALMS GTC championship together – both times in Porsches.
This is a sad but true fact I know all too well. I have raced against all of the above in GT3 Cup and or IMSA and the kids are generally just a tick quicker. It's maddening when you refuse to accept reality. And I still refuse to accept it.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:16 AM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Just to be clear, I have nothing against sexy librarians either....
Me either !
Attached Images  
Old 04-02-2015, 10:36 AM
otisdog
Pro

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
She doesn't know the Dewey Decimal System.

Hilarious! wiping up the coffee now...

Quick Reply: GT4- porsche nailed it