Sponsored by:

PTS For 991Gt3 Rs.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 04:45 PM
KenU
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MM3.9GT3
Please see below. The top of the email says "version 2", whatever that means. In short, if you are in a hurry, and you have an early allocation (mine is November - somewhat late), PTS may be an issue.

Paint to Sample is planned to be available for the MY2016 GT3 RS. We anticipate it will be available for only a limited number of units and in a limited amount of colors.
At this time, we do not have an official release date. If you have a client in line for one of your dealer's GT3 RS allocation(s), and he/she is requesting a particular Paint to Sample color, please forwarded the client name, color choice and commission number to personaldesign to be added to the waitlist.
For the requested Paint to Sample color, please only choose a currently approved 911 Paint to Sample color. The list of approved colors may be found on PPN at Sales->New Vehicle Sales->Vehicle Distribution->Order Management->Exterior Paint to Sample. It is not guaranteed that all of the 911 Paint to Sample colors on this list will be approved for the GT3RS.
Please also be aware that the production month for any Paint to Sample GT3 RS may need to be moved to fit timing of the limited capacity for Paint to Sample, i.e. a July quota may have to be moved to December production. If this is an issue for your client, then Paint to Sample should not be chosen.
Is this the same list as the one just posted by Eduardo? I'm assuming it is but wanted to confirm. Thanks
Old 03-24-2015, 05:01 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by NateOZ
The light yellow Carrera RS is one of my favorite colors - I've been thinking about getting going on a tribute project for one for a while as I don't think it works well on modern cars. Was on the CPR website again today and saw this photo, imo it shows you how Purple can actually hold its own in good company:

Yes, Nate, I agree. I have a friend that has 'Light Yellow' on a period early 911. These are photos I took at one of our 2014 R Gruppe events in Cambria (Central California Coast). Every year our R Gruppe Treffen is probably the single best occasion in the United States for anyone to examine up close the wonderful period colors that Porsche offered in the late sixties and early seventies on the 911 model! We always have quite a selection at hand at our events:

R Gruppe will celebrate it's 2015 Treffen event here in Monterey during the weekend of Rennsport V. The host hotel for the event is Hyatt Regency in Monterey and I encourage all to drop by, see the cars and talk to its owners!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 03-24-2015, 05:08 PM
MM3.9GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by KenU

Is this the same list as the one just posted by Eduardo? I'm assuming it is but wanted to confirm. Thanks
Yes, look under the 911 column. However, only a subset of those colors will be available. So, while we will get PTS, we have no idea which colors from the 911 list will be offered.
Old 03-24-2015, 05:24 PM
KenU
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MM3.9GT3
Yes, look under the 911 column. However, only a subset of those colors will be available. So, while we will get PTS, we have no idea which colors from the 911 list will be offered.
Thank you
Old 03-24-2015, 05:24 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,648 Likes on 765 Posts

Of these photo's I go back to the orange and green that look the most like the .1RS orange and green. I think they nailed it back in 2007. Voodoo blue is on the same level for me.
The Ultra Violet purple and Lava Orange are really just a continuation of that trend I guess...

What were the original RS colors? I don't know anything prior to the all white 996RS
Old 03-24-2015, 05:42 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Of these photo's I go back to the orange and green that look the most like the .1RS orange and green. I think they nailed it back in 2007. Voodoo blue is on the same level for me.
The Ultra Violet purple and Lava Orange are really just a continuation of that trend I guess...

What were the original RS colors? I don't know anything prior to the all white 996RS
These are the colors, I posted it a few pages back but got lost in the wish lists:
Purples: Aubergine, Lilac (UV is good enough)
Reds: Bahia Red, India Red, Raspberry
Blues: Dalmation Blue, Gulf Blue, Glacier Blue
Greys: Beige Gray, Grand Prix White (White covers this close enough), Ivory, Light Ivory, Black
Yellows: Signal Yellow, Light Yellow
Greens: Light Green, Viper Green, Chartreuse, Irish Green, Leaf Green
Oranges: Tangerine (Pretty much there with Lava), Signal Orange, Gulf Orange
Browns: Sepia Brown, Olive

I think this list would work really well, gives something for everyone.
Old 03-24-2015, 05:45 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Originally Posted by Z356
Yes, Nate, I agree. I have a friend that has 'Light Yellow' on a period early 911. These are photos I took at one of our 2014 R Gruppe events in Cambria (Central California Coast). Every year our R Gruppe Treffen is probably the single best occasion in the United States for anyone to examine up close the wonderful period colors that Porsche offered in the late sixties and early seventies on the 911 model! We always have quite a selection at hand at our events:

R Gruppe will celebrate it's 2015 Treffen event here in Monterey during the weekend of Rennsport V. The host hotel for the event is Hyatt Regency in Monterey and I encourage all to drop by, see the cars and talk to its owners!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Thanks for sharing - great Pictures! Now if only Porsche could get their paint selection diversity happening again.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:01 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,648 Likes on 765 Posts

These are the colors, I posted it a few pages back but got lost in the wish lists:
Purples: Aubergine, Lilac (UV is good enough)
Reds: Bahia Red, India Red, Raspberry
Blues: Dalmation Blue, Gulf Blue, Glacier Blue
Greys: Beige Gray, Grand Prix White (White covers this close enough), Ivory, Light Ivory, Black
Yellows: Signal Yellow, Light Yellow
Greens: Light Green, Viper Green, Chartreuse, Irish Green, Leaf Green
Oranges: Tangerine (Pretty much there with Lava), Signal Orange, Gulf Orange
Browns: Sepia Brown, Olive

I think this list would work really well, gives something for everyone.
Thank you.
White is always good, but already had 4.
Lilac is the wacky color that also does belong on a RS.
As does Lava Orange, I just don't like red or reddish.
Where did they come up with the GTSilver I wonder?
Old 03-24-2015, 06:18 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by MoeGt3
I can see a lot of "Blues" and other interesting colours. Mexico Blue, Voodoo Blue, Riviera Blue, Maritime Blue, Gulf Orange, Signal Yellow, Viper Green.

I've thrown my vote in for Mexico, Voodoo, and Maritime, as well. With Maritime as my primary choice.

Originally Posted by gt3rscr250m
I have asked my dealer for Maritime Blue ( 38B ) or Signal Yellow ( 114 ) , but will add Voo Doo Blue ( Z 12 ) as well . Silver stitching would go well with the blues .

Ignoring the approved list, I would go:
1. Chartreuse
2. Viper Green (this is what I'm on the list for)
3. Light Green
4. Signal Yellow
5. Dalmation Blue
6. Gulf Blue with Factory GO highlights
7. Ultraviolet

I stopped at 7 as UV is clearly available, I won't do a non Carreras RS color.

I've had Chartreuse in feasibility review since September 2014. I don't have any hope that it'll be approved in time, in fact, it's probably already too late (when they were asking for PTS preferences to consider for the reduced PTS list for the 991.1 GT3 RS, they were fairly explicit that it had to already be an approved color). No worries, I'll just get a Chartreuse 991.2 GT3 RS. I can live with that.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:32 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

I believe Silver comes from Mercedes racing originally (back to the 30s) and was later adopted by Germany as the country's racing color. I think GT Silver is the Porsche tie to the adopted Silver Arrow Grey.

Maybe someone else knows more? I'm not a silver car person.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:34 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
it is. Still parked at Orbit, never left the place and the owner has never visited.
The maritime blue with Silver wheels was one of the hottest blues if not the hottest blue on the 4.0L.

That exact combo would work well on a 991RS if one wanted a blue 991.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:35 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Did GT Silver actually debut on the CGT? Or am I mixing up my facts?
Old 03-24-2015, 06:46 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
Did GT Silver actually debut on the CGT? Or am I mixing up my facts?
I think you may be right..
Old 03-24-2015, 07:20 PM
Footsoldier
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The Porsche historic colour "arrow blue" is very close to Voodoo which was originally a Toyota colour.

It's strange that Voodoo is the one which is on the PTS list.

I know for a fact that there's a one-off Arrow Blue 918 sitting waiting for delivery...

Arrow (305):
Attached Images  
Old 03-24-2015, 07:21 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Footsoldier
The Porsche historic colour "arrow blue" is very close to Voodoo which was originally a Toyota colour.

It's strange that Voodoo is the one which is on the PTS list.

I know for a fact that there's a one-off Arrow Blue 918 sitting waiting for delivery...
It just means no one's submitted it for feasibility review for the 991.

Just like Chartreuse, for instance, which was PTS approved for the 997, but not yet for the 991.

Quick Reply: PTS For 991Gt3 Rs.