Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Story Behind the PTS 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red Metallic' & 'Fashion Grey' gt3s!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 04:30 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 726 Likes on 340 Posts

I'd be curious to learn how the first one was totalled so quickly?
Old 03-22-2015, 04:31 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by R.Deacon
Eduardo little green button is lit so , he is either typing "THE REST OF THE STORY" or he got mugged
at his lap top
Now his button matches his car!
Old 03-22-2015, 04:39 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by hfm
Pics! Dan (thinks someone is being such a tease)
Originally Posted by hf1
So you've had the SG 991 gt3 since March 9 and no pics? The humanity!
Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
looks like it.
Uhu. Like opposite world...
These gt3's are not here yet. They are being built in March and are expected to arrive at their US dealers in May. Two are going to be airfreighted to their owners in the US, so they will get here probably in April.

Originally Posted by doubleurx
If anyone deserves that PTS, it is you Eduardo. Congrats!
Thank you for the kind words!

Originally Posted by Loess
So you found out about the mythical PTS GT3's on March 6 and bought one?
No, I found one on the evening of March 7th and locked it up first thing when the dealership opened back up again for business on Monday, March 9th!

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
You know what would be awesome? More simplicity, more transparency, and more communication coming out of PAG (and PCNA). And this applies to everything.
Yes...I agree.

Originally Posted by neuroguru
Why the silence? Did someone in Porsche Exclusive MI6 / PTS just take out Eduardo mid-post for his PTS investigations? I am getting Scooby Doo vibes here. Mr. PTS is saying, "I would have gotten away with it, if it weren't for you pesky kids!" ---> Eduardo!

No, I am still here. But I needed to put the popcorn on the microwave

and start typing again.

You can't stop now!
Spit it out already...
Do you know how difficult it's to research these mega posts I write, sourced them with specific photos and working links? And then make sure all of you can understand the words I write? English is not my first language. Besides, this is a breaking news story and I am going for the Pulitzer Prize for best investigatory story of the year at Rennlist!

So I have to be careful with every word I write and make sure it's appropriate for describing the actual discovery process as I experienced it!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 03-22-2015, 04:41 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,594 Likes on 739 Posts

Haha, I'm hanging on your lips....

So we're doing Euro delivery?
Just found out no RS this Summer.
Old 03-22-2015, 05:00 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Haha, I'm hanging on your lips....
So we're doing Euro delivery?
No, I am not. But one of the buyers for a 'Signal Green' gt3 from this group that was allocated to a California dealer will be allowed to do Euro Delivery on his gt3.

Originally Posted by Jamie140
I'd be curious to learn how the first one was totalled so quickly?
Hydroplaning on US 5 near Mt. Shasta during a torrential rain storm. My wife suffered a fractured ankle and we both had bruises all over our thorax from the seat belts & airbags going off. Of the six airbags in the car, four went into 'action'. The car spun 3 or 4 times, repeatedly hitting repeatedly the Armco first on drivers side (going backwards) & then passenger side. Finally it crushed against the concrete center divider in full frontal mode. When we stopped moving, we were blocking the Interstate and trucks were bearing down on us...unable to slow down in the rain! They just cruised right by us...and never were able to stop or seriously slowed down since they too would have lost control in that driving rain. It was scary. We could have been killed in the aftermath. And we thank the Good Lord for sparing our lives that day! That...and the crash safety features engineered into these modern cars by Porsche!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 03-22-2015, 05:01 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Eduardo I'm excited for you, well done and you certainly deserve it. I realize there's still more to the story, so I'm waiting patiently. I was always hoping for a PTS car when I placed my order only to be turned down, but I'm confident something good will still come my way to make up for my loss. I guess we'll see. Maybe my "good" was just being able to get one of these special cars.
Old 03-22-2015, 05:05 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default March 7, 8th and 9th - I buy a 'Signal Green' gt3 at 'Porsche of Beachwood' in Ohio!

Chapter 2 - Because I had the social commitment of the dinner on Friday and then the actual LA Lit Meet on Saturday morning, the first time I could devote to start my search for these cars in earnest was around 11 AM on March 7th, right after I had left the Hilton. I stopped at a Starbucks in El Segundo just after we left the Hilton and told my wife to give me an hour or two while I started my search process on my laptop.

I then proceeded to contact every single Porsche dealer I knew well enough so that they would pay attention to my unusual request for these mysterious PTS gt3s! And I also contacted the limited folks that I know directly at PCNA. Sascha Glaeser, the former manager of 'Porsche Exclusive' in North America, responded by asking Matthew Henry, who works now in that department to help me find a car. So that was a good start...although eventually nothing turned up from that official source. Within an hour, I received a call from a General Manager from a dealership in the Mountain States which confirmed the story told to me by the North Carolina fellow the night before. And he also gave me an explanation, as he understood it, as to why these 30 PTS cars were produced and to whom they were allocated. The story is that Porsche asked US dealers to participate in a very expensive program involving travel to Europe and conferences in that continent. For reasons not totally clear to me yet, the US dealers that participated in this expensive program (30 only) were surprised with the allocation of an additional gt3 as a reward. And not just any gt3, but a PTS with specific specs which were chosen by someone in Europe...not the US dealers or PCNA's 'Porsche Exclusive'.

I asked my GM source if he knew where any of the cars were located. He said he believed Stevinson in Denver, Porsche of San Diego and Ellis in Atlanta were getting one. I thanked him profusely and started preparing to call Stevinson, a dealer whom I had some dealings and knew of me. But before I could do that, I got a response from one of my contacts at a dealer in Ohio. He sent me a simple message...but it proved to be fateful. His email said: 'We have one coming. It's available right now.' I couldn't believe my luck! Nobody had yet mentioned this dealership as a possible recipient of these PTS gt3's and here it was...'Signal Green' and 'available'. I stopped what ever else I was doing & from then on concentrated only of making sure I locked up this one!

By now the dealership had closed (three hours ahead Eastern Time) and would not re-open until Monday morning. But my salesman contact kept in touch with me all weekend from his home and I provided him with a 'resume' to present to his management first thing on Monday to close the deal. He thought it would be available at MSRP. I waited anxiously until I heard back from him on Monday morning. Deal was done. They would sell me the car at MSRP. I paid for the deposit immediately and they signed the contract/ purchase order that day. The dealership that acted so honorably is Porsche of Beachwood. The sales contact I have there is Brad Kennett. The sales manager that approved my deal was Phil Snyder. I can not thank them enough for their professionalism in making this purchase such a positive experience!

What they also probably don't yet know is that I was pulling on every lever trying to make this purchase happen. I know a close personal friend of Roger Penske Jr. So on Monday morning I had him contact the Penske organization to vouch for my bona fides with the managers at 'Porsche of Beachwood' in Ohio. It wasn't apparently needed. When Brad was making the case to Phil he mentioned that in the past I had tried to bring attention to the 'Pastel Orange' '14 991S that Beachwood ordered on spec and was in inventory for months. I don't know if that was the straw that pushed the sale in my direction. But the bottom line was that they sold me the car at MSRP and I am very grateful for that!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 03-22-2015, 05:05 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Z356
No, I am not. But one of the buyers for a 'Signal Green' gt3 from this group that was allocated to a California dealer will be allowed to do Euro Delivery on his gt3.

Hydroplaning on US 5 near Mt. Shasta during a torrential rain storm. My wife suffered a fractured ankle and we both had bruises all over our thorax from the seat belts & airbags going off. Of the six airbags in the car, four went into 'action'. The car spun 3 or 4 times, repeatedly hitting repeatedly the Armco first on drivers side (going backwards) & then passenger side. Finally it crushed against the concrete center divider in full frontal mode. When we stopped moving, we were blocking the Interstate and trucks were bearing down on us...unable to slow down in the rain! They just cruised right by us...and never were able to stop or seriously slowed down since they too would have lost control in that driving rain. It was scary. We could have been killed in the aftermath. And we thank the Good Lord for sparing our lives that day! That...and the crash safety features engineered into these modern cars by Porsche!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Yikes. Thank goodness you're ok.
Old 03-22-2015, 05:06 PM
RBH
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Edit: Guess I spoke to soon. Congrats on the GT3!
Old 03-22-2015, 05:11 PM
jfr0317
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

This is fabulous news, Eduardo! I am very happy for you! I can't wait to see it in person the next time we are in Carmel (which will most likely be in August as usual for Car Week). Jenny says Hi and sends her congratulations as well!
Old 03-22-2015, 05:17 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by jfr0317
This is fabulous news, Eduardo! I am very happy for you! I can't wait to see it in person the next time we are in Carmel (which will most likely be in August as usual for Car Week). Jenny says Hi and sends her congratulations as well!
Thanks John! Looking forward to seeing you both this August once again!

Originally Posted by Jamie140
Yikes. Thank goodness you're ok.
Yes, we were very lucky. We lost the 'Signal Green' 997S...but she gave her life to saved ours!

Originally Posted by RBH
Congrats on the GT3!
Thanks!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 03-22-2015, 05:26 PM
H82BL8
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Eduardo,
That is fantastic news. Congratulations!
I know you like your old signal green, but now you will love your new (22s) signal green.
Old 03-22-2015, 05:31 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

Congratulations on the GT3 Eduardo. You have always been so helpful and informative to our Porsche community, I'm delighted you were able to secure the Signal Green PTS. Looking forward to pictures at your delivery.
Old 03-22-2015, 05:35 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,594 Likes on 739 Posts

Awesome Eduado!
How is it optioned? How are all these 30 optioned?

I'd love one of these but than there's that RS.

Maybe I need to move the following to another thread;

Next up is following my RS build, how do I track this and how do I move my build later for a PTS? Any advice, my dealer is sticking to his sory that he will get this one in Nov and then production stops of the RS and the 991.2 production commences.

Really have my heart set on ED but useless on snow tires from Nov through March..
Old 03-22-2015, 05:45 PM
H82BL8
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Eduardo himself is part of the 30 car PTS story. This makes the story that much better.
Anyone who has been on RL, knows how much Eduardo has helped and participated.

Eduardo's posts, Images of color samples etc, helped me tremendously. It is because of Eduardo, I am fortunate enough to have a PTS GT3 in Viper green.
Thanks Eduardo

Quick Reply: The Story Behind the PTS 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red Metallic' & 'Fashion Grey' gt3s!