Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Arena Red GT3?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 04:13 PM
991 3Turbo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who really cares? They all will sell at MSRP. Lots of arguing about minutiae here. Reputation this, one upsmanship, I know more than you. Give it a break guys.

I was offered the car in question yesterday, and it sold today. Really not much to talk about. Plenty of cars to go around.
Old 03-16-2015, 04:33 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by 991 3Turbo
Who really cares? They all will sell at MSRP. Lots of arguing about minutiae here. Reputation this, one upsmanship, I know more than you. Give it a break guys.

I was offered the car in question yesterday, and it sold today. Really not much to talk about. Plenty of cars to go around.
I care. And I think it's pretty obvious I'm not alone. The 991 GT3 is one of the most popular Porsches in recent history; and PTS is a long-popular and -desirable option for many enthusiasts. So to suggest that people wouldn't be interested in finding out more about some late-production PTS 1GT3s is rather shortsighted. With that said, please allow me to be first to invite you to simply ignore the thread, since it is devoid of interesting content.
Old 03-16-2015, 04:35 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by 991 3Turbo

Originally Posted by sportscentury
I care. And I think it's pretty obvious I'm not alone. The 991 GT3 is one of the most popular Porsches in recent history; and PTS is a long-popular and -desirable option for many enthusiasts. So to suggest that people wouldn't be interested in finding out more about some late-production PTS 1GT3s is rather shortsighted. With that said, please allow me to be first to invite you to simply ignore the thread, since it is devoid of interesting content.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 03-16-2015, 04:40 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Metallic PTS color in the configurator is damn close to Arena Red. But getting a straight answer from those guys who write the software is a difficult task upon itself - unless you get lucky enough and go through the channel.
Old 03-16-2015, 06:36 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 310 Likes on 163 Posts

Amaranth red would have been my choice had Porsche carried that color over to 2015. Guards red has too much orange in it for my taste, at least under artificial lighting.
Old 03-16-2015, 07:26 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

Amaranth red looked better in pictures than is person. I was disappointed when I saw a Cayman in that color but to each their own
Old 03-16-2015, 08:13 PM
KenU
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Would love to see a Carmine Red 911 if anyone has a picture. I've seen it on Cayenne GTS' but not on 911's. Thanks
Old 03-16-2015, 08:35 PM
Nine1won
Burning Brakes

Received 75 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Arena-RTR: You are wrong in this instance. I will not go into details at the present time, but the scenario you are posing - normally credible & often common - doesn't apply to these particular PTS gt3's in discussion because we know differently. Trust me on this...I have a history of carefully researching & double-checking my 'facts' before I post here on Rennlist. You are right. And we will get to bottom of this soon enough and make it known here at Rennlist for all its members to know with all details. But in the meantime, we still need to gather some pieces of the puzzle and put this whole story together! So let me ask again of this forum: Besides Jimmy-D, has anyone else here at Rennlist know/been offered a late arrival PTS gt3 recently? What PTS color besides 'Arena Red Metallic'? What were the specs & MSRP? Please post, pm or email me. I truly do appreciate any and all cooperation on this matter! Saludos, Eduardo Carmel .
I was offered a signal green and an arena red in the last two weeks. I got the arena red. Porsche of Omaha is a class act and sold at MSRP 153k. The frog was more at around 160k with 10k over. I would recommend Mitch the GSM at Omaha to anyone. Great guy! He said this was an extra last min allocation and not a cancellation.

I also want to send a large shout out to Ralph Pierce at Inside Car Connection tel:484.885.7777 who got me the opportunities. He can find you a car!! Great guy who is plugged in to the dealers.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:46 PM
scb997
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by WernerE
Amaranth red would have been my choice had Porsche carried that color over to 2015. Guards red has too much orange in it for my taste, at least under artificial lighting.
I saw a Boxster, in Amaranth Red, when I was finalizing my order. I really wanted red. But, Guards had a little to much orange for my taste and the Amaranth was the same. From some angle, I loved the Amaranth. From others, it looked too orange. Thus, Sapphire Blue

Scott
Old 03-16-2015, 08:56 PM
FrstPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine1won
I was offered a signal green and an arena red in the last two weeks. I got the arena red. Porsche of Omaha is a class act and sold at MSRP 153k. The frog was more at around 160k with 10k over. I would recommend Mitch the GSM at Omaha to anyone. Great guy! He said this was an extra last min allocation and not a cancellation.

I also want to send a large shout out to Ralph Pierce at Inside Car Connection tel:484.885.7777 who got me the opportunities. He can find you a car!! Great guy who is plugged in to the dealers.
Nice! I'm in omaha as well. Would love to see the car when it gets in. Porsche of Omaha is great!
Old 03-16-2015, 09:47 PM
FORENN
Banned

Originally Posted by Nine1won

Incredible! Congrats! And yes, Ralph is a great guy and easy to work with -- he has found cars for many RLers. And he is an RL sponsor, too, which is cool.
Old 03-16-2015, 09:59 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

I wish you all luck.

This is a great forum and the sharing of this type of info is very important.
Old 03-16-2015, 10:29 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by KenU
Would love to see a Carmine Red 911 if anyone has a picture. I've seen it on Cayenne GTS' but not on 911's. Thanks
Here you go Ken!

PTS 'Carmine Red' 991, color code M3C. It's a beautiful color and it's now available as a cheaper 'Special Color' on the 991 GTS, Boxster/Cayman GTS and the Cayman GT4 for only $3,140 vs $5500 for PTS on the other P models.

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
I wish you all luck. This is a great forum and the sharing of this type of info is very important.
Thank you, we are going to need it. And you are correct - it's a great & very informative forum! And we appreciate your contributions too!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 03-16-2015, 10:37 PM
FORENN
Banned

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
I wish you all luck.

This is a great forum and the sharing of this type of info is very important.
Thank you, we are going to need it. And you are correct - it's a great & very informative forum! And we appreciate your contributions too!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
I was about to post the same response -- thank you, Jimmy.
Old 03-17-2015, 12:04 AM
KenU
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Here you go Ken!

PTS 'Carmine Red' 991, color code M3C. It's a beautiful color and it's now available as a cheaper 'Special Color' on the 991 GTS, Boxster/Cayman GTS and the Cayman GT4 for only $3,140 vs $5500 for PTS on the other P models.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Thanks, Eduardo!

I would've ordered this color in my GT3 in a heartbeat, if it was available. I'm from the "too orange" camp re the Guards Red color. This a gorgeous red!!!

Quick Reply: Arena Red GT3?