Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS order

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 12:30 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Peter, have him generate a customer demand and then he can put in your order and get your commision number etc. Maybe he is lazy.
Old 03-09-2015, 12:31 AM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Porsche isn't McLaren and I'm not CJ...
Not sure a 911 can pull that off. That McLaren is beautiful!

I think they could pull that off. Maybe the wing and frunk hood in visible CF. Anyway, I think that is the most expensive paint on the planet...
Old 03-09-2015, 12:32 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Originally Posted by rockitman
There is purple and then there is purple..
I would pay even more for this purple perhaps a lot more..
LMAO, looks like Justin Bieber car.
Old 03-09-2015, 12:33 AM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by silverrules
LMAO, looks like Justin Bieber car.
Better than the gold chrome 458 I saw on eBay yesterday.....
Old 03-09-2015, 12:38 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,675 Likes on 777 Posts

Peter, have him generate a customer demand and then he can put in your order and get your commision number etc. Maybe he is lazy.
Thanks. I sent e-mail. Lets hope I'm not getting stiffed, besides price.
Old 03-09-2015, 12:41 AM
silverrules
Drifting

The person who puts in the order should know this but he could be new? so let's give the benefit of the doubt. Good luck and keep us posted Peter.
Old 03-09-2015, 12:44 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,675 Likes on 777 Posts

One of the longest Porsche sales guys at the same dealership, 30 years or something.
He did very good for me in 2010, so lets hope it happens again.

I'll be sure to pipe in when I know more... Another white RS I guess
Old 03-09-2015, 12:47 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Charge over $200K for this car and only give you three freaking colors. Unbelievable.
Old 03-09-2015, 12:49 AM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Charge over $200K for this car and only give you three freaking colors. Unbelievable.
I hear ya...however color is not driving my purchase decision....
Old 03-09-2015, 01:06 AM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
What the hell are they doing over there at PAG??? Down to 3 colours now, what are they thinking??? Talking about PAG really flexing their muscle, almost dictatorship like, saying you get 3 colours only, whether you like it or not. This sucks.
Going back to their roots

Old 03-09-2015, 01:19 AM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

I wonder how many Porsche Motorsports buyers ask for PTS ? Seems like if you wanted PTS, you should have ordered a GT3. There are some fine examples out there. I think wanting PTS on a Porsche Motorsport derived street/track focused 911 goes against the grain of what an RS is all about...No ?
Old 03-09-2015, 01:22 AM
irish guitar
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 14 Posts

Yes, just got it Feb 26th. But life is short; gotta do the things that make you happy.

Vivian
Old 03-09-2015, 01:32 AM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by irish guitar
Yes, just got it Feb 26th. But life is short; gotta do the things that make you happy.

Vivian
Lol...my ultimate motivation/justification....life could be short....buy now, screw the kids....lol

"You can't take it with you....when you go..."
Old 03-09-2015, 01:39 AM
neuroguru
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There is purple and then there is purple..
I would pay even more for this purple perhaps a lot more..
I am almost certain you can get a wrap that looks just like that.
Old 03-09-2015, 03:22 AM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I wonder how many Porsche Motorsports buyers ask for PTS ? Seems like if you wanted PTS, you should have ordered a GT3. There are some fine examples out there. I think wanting PTS on a Porsche Motorsport derived street/track focused 911 goes against the grain of what an RS is all about...No ?
I wholeheartedly (but respectfully) disagree. As good as the RS is (will be) on track, it is still first and foremost a street car. Is it in the "spirit" of a track car, absolutely. Does it do well on track, yes. But it most definitely is not a RACE car. Aspects of it may be homologated for motorsport such as the front fenders or maybe the decklid, uprights and wing. But this is a car for the street, useable on the track, but made to feel like a race car while still allowing the creature comforts of a street car. If it were a true Porsche Motorsports car, even if street legal, they'd have gone the extra mile to make it a true lightweight. They'd have taken out all of the sound deadening, used lightweight Perlon carpets, they'd have thrown out those extremely heavy door panels in favor of a very simple lightweight cover. Don't even get me started on the "Motorsport derived" door pulls. They are a nod to the past when door pulls were much lighter than door handles. But even Porsche recognizes that's no longer the case, because even Porsche's 991 CUP cars don't use pull straps for opening their doors, they use actual door handles, but uses pull straps in order to close the door. The center console would have been thrown out the window and simplified to save more weight. The frunk would have been stripped of all the plastic pieces that make it look so neat and tidy and left it pretty much bare metal with maybe a little bit of Perlon carpeting to keep any luggage from getting scratched up. Not to mention all the other things that make this car so liveable on the street such as heated mirrors, seats etc. If this car was truly meant for those focused on being able to drive their track car to and from the track, they could have easily have shed another 200-400 lbs off of it's weight. But it would have been at the cost of the ability to live with it as a daily or commonly driven car. The RS certainly is a formidable trackday HPDE car, but that's where the ties to Porsche Motorsport end. Again, it's clearly a street car that you can take to the track and not a track car that you can drive on the street, there is a difference. Why didn't they go that route? I assume because there's very little market for it. Most people aren't going to spend $175k for a car that wont be enjoyable on the street, but you could still drive to the track. I would and I'm sure others would. But I think that once faced with it in reality, many of those who say they would, will end up passing on it and say it's too much like a cup car. So for a street car that is in the $200k range, asking for the ability to choose from Porsche's plethora of available color range, to me that's not a large request. If it was truly a Porsche Motorsport car that bridged the gap between the GT3 and the Cup car, then it would only come in one color, White. Because the car would most likely be wrapped in the car's sponsor colors. I'd love to see Porsche truly do a "Cup" car that's streetable for the hardcore, but I just don't think it'll ever happen because it's appeal would only be to collectors and a minority few. People who are hardcore track rats would say, if you're gonna go that far, you might as well have a cup car and people who want the creature comforts will just buy the GT3. in my opinion the RS is really more a GT3 than cup car. But she wears the motorsport dress very well and she's a knockout. Truly one of the best looking cars I've ever seen. But it would be nice to choose what color it is rather than subscribe to Henry Ford's mantra of You can have one in any color you like, as long as it's black, (actually black would have been a nice option...). ok, rant over

Quick Reply: GT3RS order