Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Signal Green GT3 Available SoCal

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2015 | 03:08 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by aeGT3
Would you care to provide us with the dealer's name? I have no doubt that there are unscrupulous greedy dealers, but not everyone. I got my GT3 PTS, magic (voodoo) blue in October of 2014 at the MSRP and not a single penny over that
Please provide us the name of your dealer.
Old 03-04-2015 | 03:33 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Mech33
And another customer somewhere that wanted their PTD gets screwed because a dealer held back their PTS allocation to spec it themselves and turn a quick profit instead...

With all these PTS May delivery cars, Porsche must have given a bunch of them out to dealers under the table and it sounds like they all cashed the in for their own spec builds to sell to the highest bidder.

I understand it's a business, but still...
porsche dealer net work aint that big. we will eventually find out which dealer this is. maybe i will honor them by inc them in my signature with my most favored dealer in the bay area. those who still shop there are just fkg idiots. and a ***** will be in their *** very soon. there are two types of porschephiles here. you are either ream by the so named dealer below or you will be ream by them.... u watch.

i digress....

we all want to make money. who doesn't. but flat out lying about pts availability so the dealership can order their own is not how business is done. if you make money this way, you prolly wont live well or long for that matter. keep all the money you can make and buy yourself a good nice coffin. and burry well below 6' so ppl wont be spitting on your grave....

ran over.
Old 03-04-2015 | 12:24 PM
Total911_GT3RS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by HBGT3
McKenna/Adrian offered me the white one @+$5k. Trade offer +CA taxes killed the deal for me.
Just wondering when they offered you that deal? I bought mine from them and paid MSRP.
Old 03-04-2015 | 12:30 PM
GregJGT3
Pro

I was at McKenna Porsche yesterday. My SA spoke of the PTS green car coming in May. He indicated that it was an extra allocation that was already in the system for Porsche and they just allocated to McKenna. It sounded to me as though McKenna did not order the PTS car but the Porsche had this PTS spec car in their system and had one to "giveaway" and Mckenna ended up with it.
Old 03-04-2015 | 12:38 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

yeah, that sounds believable to me
Old 03-04-2015 | 12:45 PM
GregJGT3
Pro

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
yeah, that sounds believable to me
Anyway you look at it at least there is a PTS car avail. This green doesn't do it for me... It is their only anticipated GT3 delivery after mine which arrived Monday. So pickings in the next few months are slim.
Old 03-04-2015 | 01:34 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by GregJGT3
I was at McKenna Porsche yesterday. My SA spoke of the PTS green car coming in May. He indicated that it was an extra allocation that was already in the system for Porsche and they just allocated to McKenna. It sounded to me as though McKenna did not order the PTS car but the Porsche had this PTS spec car in their system and had one to "giveaway" and Mckenna ended up with it.
Same story for the Arena Red one on the east coast.
Old 03-04-2015 | 01:34 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

Mooty, that crock looks fantastic! Can't wait to see it at the track in anger.
Old 03-04-2015 | 01:57 PM
aeGT3
Rennlist Member

usctrojanGT3:

"Please provide us the name of your dealer"
Parktown Porsche in St Louis.
Old 03-05-2015 | 12:55 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Mech33
And another customer somewhere that wanted their PTD gets screwed because a dealer held back their PTS allocation to spec it themselves and turn a quick profit instead...

With all these PTS May delivery cars, Porsche must have given a bunch of them out to dealers under the table and it sounds like they all cashed the in for their own spec builds to sell to the highest bidder.

I understand it's a business, but still...
Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Real freaking fair...Joe Public can't get a PTS car but yet these stealerships get one or more? WTF!!!
Originally Posted by colimaxp
what green it will be? The green like 997 RS?
Originally Posted by mooty
porsche dealer net work aint that big. we will eventually find out which dealer this is. maybe i will honor them by inc them in my signature with my most favored dealer in the bay area. those who still shop there are just fkg idiots. and a ***** will be in their *** very soon. there are two types of porschephiles here. you are either ream by the so named dealer below or you will be ream by them.... u watch.

i digress....

we all want to make money. who doesn't. but flat out lying about pts availability so the dealership can order their own is not how business is done. if you make money this way, you prolly wont live well or long for that matter. keep all the money you can make and buy yourself a good nice coffin. and burry well below 6' so ppl wont be spitting on your grave....ran over.
Originally Posted by GregJGT3
Like many of you, I don't trust most dealers further than I can throw them. But I just don't totally buy into a conspiracy story relating to the appearance of these late PTS gt3's at US dealers at this time. To my knowledge, all MY2015 'new' 991 gt3 allocations were handed out by PCNA very late - starting in September of 2014. From the moment they were handed out, Porsche announced they were not eligible for PTS due to the fact that this special option required 3 full months between order & estimated build date...and production was expected to be finished by year end 2014. When that end date was pushed into early 2015, Porsche by then had declared a moratorium on PTS on ALL models, gt3's and non-gt3s. The only orders that were allowed to maintain their PTS status were the PTS MY2014 gt3 category that was never given a VIN # during MY2014 and were pushed into PTS MY2015 production. Because PAG likes to do PTS in batches, many of the last PTS gt3's were just finished in production and are now arriving at US dealers!

I doubt ANY dealer anticipated that Porsche would NOT allow PTS in MY2015 gt3's. That caught everyone by surprise - customers & dealers. And dealers also had no control over the fact that late MY2014 PTS gt3's customers would not get their cars in 2014 due to the 'Stop Sale' and those PTS orders would be pushed into MY2015 by PAG. The fact is that US dealers were not in control of any of these situations and they couldn't, even if they wanted, scheme on profiting from the scarcity of PTS...which only developed when PAG basically cancel the PTS for the remainder of MY2015 model year!

In my opinion, the reason some of these PTS cars are now available is simply because some of these customers have changed their minds...or have made an agreement with their dealers to sell them to the highest offer & split the profit with them. The 'Birch Green' MY2015 gt3 that I tried to buy from Porsche of San Diego (a dealer whom I would suggest we all avoid) was a cancellation by a customer. Initially they were trying to sell it at MSRP. Only when they received many inquiries, did the management decided to abandon that plan and do 'who-knows what' with it, probably at a hefty premium over MSRP.

I don't know about the 'Signal Green' gt3 at McKenna. The story they gave GregJgt3 sounds self-serving. Basically it is "Porsche blessed us with an additional gt3, and a rare PTS at that, simply because we are great & they love us". Porsche wouldn't additionally give them a rare PTS they know they will sell at a premium over MSRP. That is not a policy that PCNA would condone. So I don't buy it.

What probably happened is that McKenna read in the forums about the scarcity of PTS gt3's and the high demand for it. And I would not put it pass them if they approached their lucky PTS 'Signal Green' gt3 customer (which was a MY2014 moved unexpectedly into a PTS gt3 MY2015) to agree to put it up for sale to the highest bidder...and they either split the additional profit or give that customer preferential treatment on another model, like a 991 gt3 RS. Or, if we want to be charitable, perhaps the customer had a change of heart and refused to take delivery of it. And that is how McKenna got lucky with this rare PTS that fell into their 'tender mercies' unexpectedly!

By the way, at present the only 'Signal Green' approved for PTS is color code 22S. And it looks like this:

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 03-05-2015 | 01:12 AM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mooty
lol

I'm a bit surprised dealers are still charging second stickers. It's a calculated risk they're taking, given the back end money from the factory that is dependent on customer satisfaction surveys. If one received a foreign object in a private part of one's anatomy, I would think this might hurt the dealer's chances for a good score.
Old 03-05-2015 | 01:17 AM
HBGT3
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Total911_GT3RS
Just wondering when they offered you that deal? I bought mine from them and paid MSRP.
2 weeks ago. It was a white car with pccb. Msrp $161.
Old 03-05-2015 | 01:36 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Z356

In my opinion, the reason some of these PTS cars are now available is simply because some of these customers have changed their minds...or have made an agreement with their dealers to sell them to the highest offer & split the profit with them. The 'Birch Green' MY2015 gt3 that I tried to buy from Porsche of San Diego (a dealer whom I would suggest we all avoid) was a cancellation by a customer. Initially they were trying to sell it at MSRP. Only when they received many inquiries, did the management decided to abandon that plan and do 'who-knows what' with it, probably at a hefty premium over MSRP.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Well, I think my inquiry on the birch green didn't help your cause! Sorry...
Old 03-05-2015 | 02:11 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by montoya
Well, I think my inquiry on the birch green didn't help your cause! Sorry...
Don't feel bad. There must have been at least 10 other inquiries on the 'Birch Green' gt3, probably all coming from the notice given here at Rennlist by two people who initially posted about it on our forum. If it wasn't for them, I would never had heard about it in the first place!

So the value of this forum should be evident to all. It's a great source for news & information as to what is going on in the marketplace all around us. It is just that in my case, the 'Birch Green' was apparently not meant to be!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 03-05-2015 | 03:19 PM
Total911_GT3RS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by HBGT3
2 weeks ago. It was a white car with pccb. Msrp $161.
Very disturbing to read they did this.

Quick Reply: Signal Green GT3 Available SoCal