991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT - 2016 Audi R8

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 03:18 AM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 441 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick787
RS would be my choice due to low production, and a hire demand car down the road. Exclusive, and decent investment if you can nap one.

if you can park one...
Old 06-10-2015, 11:01 AM
Leigh2
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 2015 R8 V10 Plus, awesome car and sounds gorgeous. I have had it on the track a few times, it's like a Cayman on steroids. The camber is adjustable with eccentric bushings on the lower A arms, but they don't allow enough camber @ max -1.5 deg. Tire wear and temps indicate that I'll need closer to -2.5 so typical for a street car. I have a set of Gallardo shims on the way which will solve that issue. Under steer was largely solved by adjusting the tire pressures. Audi calls for higher front pressures than rear which didn't seem right so I adjusted the Trofeo R's to near GT3 pressures, 34F and 36R hot, that plus the additional camber has made the car quite neutral. My AIM data shows 1.3G's at peak...not bad!
The interior is surprisingly old school, I like it. Has a genuine lever hand brake and large easy to read analog gauges with a clear digital speed display in the center. First press of the ESC button sets it into "track" mode which seems to be almost perfect. The "sport" button changes the engine from a mild mannered Audi to something a LOT more aggressive.
Some serious draw backs as a track car though and when my RS arrives it will take over the track duties. In addition to minimal suspension adjustments the seats are awful with no factory options (in north America) for something better, and the knowledge base is minimal, not a lot of guys tracking these things. Audi is almost there though....a few minor changes plus a diet and the R8 could be a serious GT3 contender, but their focus is elsewhere the GT3's still rule as track cars.....
Attached Images  
Old 06-10-2015, 11:57 AM
MayorAdamWest
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Leigh2
I have a 2015 R8 V10 Plus, awesome car and sounds gorgeous. I have had it on the track a few times, it's like a Cayman on steroids. The camber is adjustable with eccentric bushings on the lower A arms, but they don't allow enough camber @ max -1.5 deg. Tire wear and temps indicate that I'll need closer to -2.5 so typical for a street car. I have a set of Gallardo shims on the way which will solve that issue. Under steer was largely solved by adjusting the tire pressures. Audi calls for higher front pressures than rear which didn't seem right so I adjusted the Trofeo R's to near GT3 pressures, 34F and 36R hot, that plus the additional camber has made the car quite neutral. My AIM data shows 1.3G's at peak...not bad!
The interior is surprisingly old school, I like it. Has a genuine lever hand brake and large easy to read analog gauges with a clear digital speed display in the center. First press of the ESC button sets it into "track" mode which seems to be almost perfect. The "sport" button changes the engine from a mild mannered Audi to something a LOT more aggressive.
Some serious draw backs as a track car though and when my RS arrives it will take over the track duties. In addition to minimal suspension adjustments the seats are awful with no factory options (in north America) for something better, and the knowledge base is minimal, not a lot of guys tracking these things. Audi is almost there though....a few minor changes plus a diet and the R8 could be a serious GT3 contender, but their focus is elsewhere the GT3's still rule as track cars.....
As several people notes in orthojoe's thread, trofeo r's should be run closer to 30 hot. Also, most people I've seen run a square pressure setup. I do love the R8. 👾
Old 06-10-2015, 01:49 PM
Leigh2
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MayorAdamWest
As several people notes in orthojoe's thread, trofeo r's should be run closer to 30 hot. Also, most people I've seen run a square pressure setup. I do love the R8. 👾
I plan to lower them once I get the camber dialed in, right now the outer edges are wearing so I bumped the pressure to reduce the tire roll. I did read that Pirelli recommends 2 bar hot...

Quick Reply: OT - 2016 Audi R8