Sponsored by:

Stall

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 02:46 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
Mike, are you suggesting to easing out the paddles when giving throttle, rather than quickly releasing them or to quickly release the paddles and ease out the throttle? I guess we can all just play around with it.
bronson, paddle neutral is a different issue. I've only used it when slowing and have never had it stall when releasing the paddles again after I've stopped. I've not tried using the paddles to dump the clutch while giving the car throttle to take off from a stop. Based on what some are saying, that can be more tricky. There's really no reason to do that unless you're just playing around. Feathering the gas (slow speeds) or nailing it engages the clutch and gets you moving without having to manipulate the paddles.

What I was referring to was abruptly giving the car throttle and then backing off, as when maneuvering the car in a tight spot or on a grade. I think we saw an example of that in the vid with the driver trying to pull up a ramp into the back of a van. He stalled it while goosing and then quickly releasing the throttle.
Old 02-04-2015, 08:47 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
bronson, paddle neutral is a different issue. I've only used it when slowing and have never had it stall when releasing the paddles again after I've stopped. I've not tried using the paddles to dump the clutch while giving the car throttle to take off from a stop. Based on what some are saying, that can be more tricky. There's really no reason to do that unless you're just playing around. Feathering the gas (slow speeds) or nailing it engages the clutch and gets you moving without having to manipulate the paddles.

What I was referring to was abruptly giving the car throttle and then backing off, as when maneuvering the car in a tight spot or on a grade. I think we saw an example of that in the vid with the driver trying to pull up a ramp into the back of a van. He stalled it while goosing and then quickly releasing the throttle.

Thanks Mike, explanation now understood.

Quick Reply: Stall