Sponsored by:

Track number decals/magnets ect

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 03:50 PM
Gt3Fan
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Track number decals/magnets ect

Perhaps my search terms aren't working but I'm looking to hear from you guys, what are some options of companies that provide reusable numbers for track days? Last year, I went though my share of blue tape, then went to some reusable ones, but they seemed to fly off mid day. I don't believe magnetic ones stick to the doors, after I just received some today.

What's a nice option I could use?
Old 02-02-2015, 04:01 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5,018 Likes on 2,838 Posts

I think the doors are aluminum (non-magnetic). They might stick to the fenders or rear quarters.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:05 PM
AiRick
Pro

Received 35 Likes on 13 Posts

I use these from Rennline I think the trick is to warm them up before sticking them on and clean the surface . If its a cold day I might put a little tape on the up wind side. http://www.rennline.com/Magnetic-Numbers/products/560/
Old 02-02-2015, 04:07 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 725 Likes on 397 Posts

I've used the reusable vinyl numbers from solotime. (www.soloperformance.com)
I'm sure there are many other vendors. Google 'autocross numbers' for more.

Also - smaller vinyl numbers will fit on the rear windows. Another option if allowed. Never had them fall off the doors except once when I put them on when it was raining. Apply to a dry car and no problems.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:09 PM
AiRick
Pro

Received 35 Likes on 13 Posts

If you have aluminum doors then those reusable magnetic ones will not work. They Rennline have these but not reusable http://www.rennline.com/Temporary-Numbers/products/561/
Old 02-02-2015, 04:30 PM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 435 Likes on 326 Posts

I use the reusable vinyl. I get them from http://www.izoomgraphics.com. A set will last me a season, but that would depend on how many events you do (5-6 for me).
Old 02-02-2015, 04:33 PM
Gt3Fan
Racer

Originally Posted by GrantG
I think the doors are aluminum (non-magnetic). They might stick to the fenders or rear quarters.
Exactly correct, they do not stick to the doors but yes on the rear quarters

Originally Posted by AiRick
I use these from Rennline I think the trick is to warm them up before sticking them on and clean the surface . If its a cold day I might put a little tape on the up wind side. http://www.rennline.com/Magnetic-Numbers/products/560/
Originally Posted by RayDBonz
I've used the reusable vinyl numbers from solotime. (www.soloperformance.com)
I'm sure there are many other vendors. Google 'autocross numbers' for more.

Also - smaller vinyl numbers will fit on the rear windows. Another option if allowed. Never had them fall off the doors except once when I put them on when it was raining. Apply to a dry car and no problems.
Thank you both

Originally Posted by AiRick
If you have aluminum doors then those reusable magnetic ones will not work. They Rennline have these but not reusable http://www.rennline.com/Temporary-Numbers/products/561/
Thanks I'll check them out

Originally Posted by Todd B
I use the reusable vinyl. I get them from http://www.izoomgraphics.com. A set will last me a season, but that would depend on how many events you do (5-6 for me).
Thats what I used last year, they were always coming off. More in the 15-25 track days per year
Old 02-02-2015, 04:34 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Most towns have a local sign shop or custom t-shirt maker. They usually have a vinyl cutter as well. I always prefer to patronize the local shops, so look around for one and call them up to see what they offer. This way you get exactly what you want (font, size, color, etc.). My local guy will make me numbers and other small items while I wait.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:37 PM
Gt3Fan
Racer

Originally Posted by 24Chromium
Most towns have a local sign shop or custom t-shirt maker. They usually have a vinyl cutter as well. I always prefer to patronize the local shops, so look around for one and call them up to see what they offer. This way you get exactly what you want (font, size, color, etc.). My local guy will make me numbers and other small items while I wait.
Thats actually a very good idea. I already work with a local company, I should have though about this.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:41 PM
MayorAdamWest
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

What's your bay area shop? Are the numbers re-usable?
Old 02-02-2015, 04:46 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

Originally Posted by MayorAdamWest
What's your bay area shop? Are the numbers re-usable?
I use RichBond Graphics in San Jose on Coleman Ave, just south of I-880. Richard is an awesome guy and does great work. We've used him for all the Black Sheep Racing graphics, all the graphics on my helmets, t-shirts, hoodies, jackets, car numbers and so on.

The vinyl he uses for the graphics and car numbers are not reusable, but they are cheap, so just buy in bulk! This way, they won't peel up in the wind at 120mph.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:52 PM
MayorAdamWest
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I use RichBond Graphics in San Jose on Coleman Ave, just south of I-880. Richard is an awesome guy and does great work. We've used him for all the Black Sheep Racing graphics, all the graphics on my helmets, t-shirts, hoodies, jackets, car numbers and so on.

The vinyl he uses for the graphics and car numbers are not reusable, but they are cheap, so just buy in bulk! This way, they won't peel up in the wind at 120mph.
Awesome. I live a couple miles away. I pass it all the time to get to Target. Thanks for the tip!
Old 02-02-2015, 04:58 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

Originally Posted by MayorAdamWest
Awesome. I live a couple miles away. I pass it all the time to get to Target. Thanks for the tip!
Tell Richard I sent you!
Old 02-02-2015, 05:38 PM
bigkraig
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I use some clear shipping tape on mine to keep them from flying off. I have a co driver and have to take them on and off all day, after a while the vinyl starts to stretch and they go downhill fast.
Old 02-02-2015, 06:01 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantG
They do stick to the rear quarter panels. I place mine in the area just above the stone guards.

Quick Reply: Track number decals/magnets ect