Sponsored by:

Track number decals/magnets ect

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 06:29 PM
tqevo
Pro

Received 150 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
They do stick to the rear quarter panels. I place mine in the area just above the stone guards.
Seconded... although due to the size it seems like there's always a corner or two that isn't completely flush since the area isn't flat like the door.
Old 02-02-2015, 06:45 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by tqevo
Seconded... although due to the size it seems like there's always a corner or two that isn't completely flush since the area isn't flat like the door.
Yeah, my numbers are only 8" high so they fit fine and flush just aft of the door handles on the rear quarter....
Old 02-02-2015, 06:54 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,781 Likes on 1,084 Posts

+1 on Chromiums suggestion. I have a sign shop a few blocks from the house. He'll make a full set (3lg, 1 sm numbers) for about 1/4 the price of most of the line vendors are asking for number kits. Just simple vinyl numbers. They stick, they look better than blue tape, and remove easily, but not on track. I buy a bunch at a time.
Old 02-03-2015, 03:45 AM
DMoore
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd B
I use the reusable vinyl. I get them from http://www.izoomgraphics.com. A set will last me a season, but that would depend on how many events you do (5-6 for me).
+1 For iZoom. I also use their adhesive vinyl numbers. I think 5-6 events is reasonable for them, but I do enough AX and DE/TT events that I go through 2 or even 3 sets of numbers in a season.

If you use adhesive numbers make sure to clean your door carefully before affixing the numbers, because any dirt on the car ends up stuck to your numbers and before long they're no longer useable. I always bring a spray bottle and a soft cloth with me to any event to clean the door just before I attach the numbers. I've never lost a number or even had it start to peel up. After I apply each number I make a point of carefully rubbing the leading edge (facing the wind) to make sure it's fully adhered. I've had them up to 145 on the Fontana Roval with zero problems.

DMoore
'15 991 GT3
'13 970 GTS

Quick Reply: Track number decals/magnets ect