Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 with Michelin Super Sports

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 12:14 AM
vantage
Three Wheelin'

Received 224 Likes on 128 Posts

Totally agree, definitely do not put different tires on the front and rear. The two tires will differ in more than just grip, but also ride characteristics, deflection, warm-up characteristics, ability to handle standing water, etc.

As you said, this is really no area to cheap out on a $150,000 car. If you are that concerned about tire wear in the street, put PSS all around.
Old 02-02-2015, 03:47 PM
NMM991
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I took receipt of my 2015 on Halloween and had the dealer mount MPSSs before I took the car. I live in CT and was concerned with the marginal temperatures and weather. I tracked the car one day in November up north before driving the car to Florida where I took it to Sebring for two days. Have almost 4,500 miles on the MPSS and they are wearing pretty well; I'll do another couple of track days before leaving Florida and expect to get at least 10K miles with five track days before switching back to the MPSC2s.

The car performs fairly well on the track with these tires but I don't have a comparison to other tires yet; a coach who was with me at Sebring thought the tires handled the rough track fairly well but felt we were approaching the limits of the tire. But he was comparing my car with some 997 Cup cars running on slicks, different animal.

I am running 29-33 cold pressures same as recommended for MPSC2s. Rears got up to 39 or 40 on the track before reducing pressures. That seems to be the consistent from the people I asked.
Old 02-02-2015, 06:18 PM
markow
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NMM991
I took receipt of my 2015 on Halloween and had the dealer mount MPSSs before I took the car. I live in CT and was concerned with the marginal temperatures and weather. I tracked the car one day in November up north before driving the car to Florida where I took it to Sebring for two days. Have almost 4,500 miles on the MPSS and they are wearing pretty well; I'll do another couple of track days before leaving Florida and expect to get at least 10K miles with five track days before switching back to the MPSC2s.

The car performs fairly well on the track with these tires but I don't have a comparison to other tires yet; a coach who was with me at Sebring thought the tires handled the rough track fairly well but felt we were approaching the limits of the tire. But he was comparing my car with some 997 Cup cars running on slicks, different animal.

I am running 29-33 cold pressures same as recommended for MPSC2s. Rears got up to 39 or 40 on the track before reducing pressures. That seems to be the consistent from the people I asked.
thanks! and how are the MPSS on the road? what is your experience on dry and wet roads?
peter

Quick Reply: GT3 with Michelin Super Sports