Sponsored by:

LWBS stats

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 08:29 PM
bigkraig
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Default LWBS stats

Anyone weigh one of these yet? Or take measurements?

I've got 18 ways and I have been shopping aftermarket seats. Having a hard time deciding between buying something now or holding out for Porsche to make these available and hope they are not $20,000.

I've seen that most of the aftermarket shells are just a carbon layer on top of the standard stuff, so far only CF Sparco EVOs are the only seats that are significantly lighter than their standard version.

Is my experience cycling causing me to think too much about the weight differences? I can't imagine 5-10lbs per seat makes much of a difference in the real world.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:40 PM
vantage
Three Wheelin'

Received 185 Likes on 111 Posts

Maybe if you are Patrick Long you can extract the performance difference of 20 .lbs, but most would not be able to feel it.

IMO, the advantage of the Porsche buckets is that they retain the side airbag and more easily retain the 3-point belt. I don't think it's wise to be driving around on the street with a harness (because you are not wearing a helmet and therefore do not have a head and neck restraint system).

If you are using this car primarily on the street, I'd go for the Porsche buckets, but it's not going to be cheap at all.
Old 01-31-2015, 12:32 AM
SmokinGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 115 Posts

I have the new bucket seats and my advice is to find somebody who has them and take a long ride. I have a few pressure points to try and work out as well as some lower back support. On short rides they are fine but longer rides you start to find their shortcomings. If the shoe fits wear it...

Quick Reply: LWBS stats