Sponsored by:

Any Option regrets?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 12:54 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Glen
I want Pccb in hindsight, especially with how durable they've shown to be tracked and how cheap racing brake can refurbish the discs...
RB can't refurbish the PCCB discs. They can refurbish their own surface transforms brand CCB discs because they are solid CCB instead of laminated like Porsche's.
Old 01-28-2015, 01:06 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 667 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan C.
Extended tank.
What is the downside of the extended range fuel tank? Or are you saying you wish you had gotten it?
Old 01-28-2015, 01:10 AM
Glen
Race Car

Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
RB can't refurbish the PCCB discs. They can refurbish their own surface transforms brand CCB discs because they are solid CCB instead of laminated like Porsche's.
Thanks for clarification... Still want them...lol
Enjoying your thread btw. Cars amazing! Let us know how your first track day goes.
Old 01-28-2015, 01:13 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Glen
Thanks for clarification... Still want them...lol
Enjoying your thread btw. Cars amazing! Let us know how your first track day goes.
First track day is DONE! check page 10 of the thread.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...l#post11988052
Old 01-28-2015, 01:38 AM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

I think sometimes that I would have liked the 4 DRL LED's around the headlights on the Light Design Pkg, just for the kinda cool exterior look. But then again, I wouldn't necessarily want people thinking my car is a TT-S coming at them...

Originally Posted by sgroer
voice control - haven't used it once. Light design package - I don't think I have used it once... not really sure.
Old 01-28-2015, 01:57 AM
Ducati1199
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I haven't got my car yet but after seeing so many reports......

I'm glad I did get - lift, LED's, interior leather, sapphire blue.
Glad I did NOT get PCCB's and sports chrono.
Will wait and see about Porsche crest on center console and aluminum pedals (my bit of bling!) Went for leather wheel as I thought a car like this ought to have leather now I'm not so sure it won't be too slippy? I also spec'd clear tails but changed back to red at last minute as I decided they went ok with car color and matched the red calipers (can always get from sun coast later)
Extended tank, smokers pack and 4-ways seemed to be the right choice for me.
And first after market parts will be wrap, SW exhaust and clear side LED's.
But I'm still waiting and so having to write about the car to make it easier to pass the time!
Old 01-28-2015, 02:34 AM
johnnylmz
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wished i have gotten the illuminated CF door sills. It's expensive, but I think it would impress the ladies. Also I didn't get the bluetooth. It's not a free option here in China, and honestly, I use USB to charge my iphone almost every time I use my car. I am so glad I switched from white to jet black.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:54 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 301 Likes on 174 Posts

Light design package - what does it do other than footwell lights, very lame.
Old 01-28-2015, 03:33 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 633 Likes on 388 Posts

Originally Posted by straight-road
My leather seat back cover is the most useless. Wtf is it? And why is it 2000 dollars? Seriously is it really leather? No one sit behind the seats, who cares....as you can tell I did not spec my car...I hate the guy who spec'ed it...

I do love my pccb...I keep telling myself if I don't track then it will save me money from the pads.
The leather seat backs look quality! I bet you could trade with someone that has regular seat backs for your seats plus the original option cost.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:22 AM
3GO1GO
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Wish I bought extended leather dash, with platinum stitch. Would have loved LWB but not available for my2015 oct delivery
Old 01-28-2015, 08:39 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 139 Posts

I know it's trivial but should have got the silver seat belts to go with the platinum stitching that I have.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:49 AM
Ducati1199
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by straight-road
No dude. You will regret the sport chrono. Sorry. Hahhaha. I also have it and again it's a 2000 dollars useless clock.
Read again - it says "glad I did NOT get PCCP's and sports chrono". I did put the NOT in capitals!!
Old 01-28-2015, 09:21 AM
blackbull
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
why? i havent filled up yet but i remember cayenne sucked cause gas pump stops u at 75/100 but i would just prepay inside 150 and then fill to full and only charges you the total pumped.. i wanted it for road trips

i was told "must have" but i hate "sport plus" on all my porsches... revs too high.. sucks unless manual shifting.. the quicker kick shifts are sexy and nice but the whole thing is not worth the price charged..

u can get factory key sides on ebay for $30 a set... and they are perfect.. thats what i do.

i never wanted the lift, never ever needed it on any car..

on my car, im happy with my options but i wish i had passenger mirror dip on reverse.. i guess need memory seats for the and memory seats only comes w/ the expensive mid level seats?
kp technologies sell a custom relay that can give you this feature.

Link: kptechnologies.com

info from ad:

REVERSE MIRROR TILT MODULE (DELUXE) $129.99
"This module simplifies driving in reverse and parallel parking by automatically lowering the side mirror when the vehicle is in reverse. With the mirror tilted down it is possible to see curbs and debris before striking them! Deluxe version includes control for both mirrors.
Key Features:*
• Time based module doesn'’t require any mirror position sensors
• Independent control of ‘mirror up’ and ‘mirror down’ times
• Deluxe version includes two modules - one for passenger mirror and one for drivers mirror"
Old 01-28-2015, 09:36 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

My options review at 700 miles -

Very glad I got:

PCCB - the naysayers will still find a way to make their case, but 40lbs of unsprung rotating mass... I don't care whether I can feel the difference or not, mentally, on a car that keeps getting bigger and heavier, I like that I don't have that weight, and they look cool and no brake dust or squeal thus far.

Colored seatbelts - on this car, they liven things up a little, cheap option

Lift - use it every single time I drive the car... every time.

LWB seats - really transform the look of the car from Porsche 911 like others, to race car look...bystanders call out the seats as something different/special, "how do you get in them, do you just sit down?", etc. They are works of art and so comfortable. Awesome look both inside and outside car, hold you in place in the twisties, and well, 918 seats, so....

Glad I didn't get:

LED - I haven't driven the car once at night, and I think the halo look is a bit overdone, but just me

Deviated stitching, added leather, mood lighting, etc. - beaten to death, but to me, the experience driving the car dominates, and I don't even recall looking at the dash or searching for mood lights. With all the stitching on the doors and seats, the interior looks great in standard form to me.

Regrets:

Not much really, except:

chrome spray nozzles in a different color - grey, black, white, whatever. I know that I can buy them now, which I intend to do.

satellite radio - I usually listen to my ipod and I let all the Pandora types convince me that you don't really need this, but in retrospect, wish I would have purchased it

wheels - verdict still out on this, I like the look of the standard grey wheels best, but if it turns out that they have paint chipping issues and the black/silver don't, I will wish I would have gone with one of the other wheel options

clear tail lights - again, I will take care of this after the fact, but I think that the clears look really good on white in the back and I went back and forth on this at order... I will add them now.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:39 AM
ATXGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I already know I'm going to regret Chrono--but it looks 'cool'.

Seat belts in Red - Great option

Dials in Red - Again cheap and makes in the interior different

Bi-Xenon" Headlights in Black - Probably best exterior option - looks killer on black car.

The rest was just window dressing, but I like it (carbon fiber, stitching, etc).

Have a feeling lift will be something I'm glad I did order.

Quick Reply: Any Option regrets?