Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I hear production has stopped, but I might have a car lined up.

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 12:01 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Ceepe
Is that white one at Mckenna used? Looks like it. Do you know if that Agate is still available? That's a great build. It might be tough being 3000 miles away. I also would like to trade the 50th.
No, it's new. But no lift and no extended range fuel tank. Too bad they didn't check those instead of 18-way seats. It looks like they have a boatload of new GT3s, but these dealership websites are absolutely worthless as you can never tell what they really have for sale. I've lost track of the hours (days?) I have wasted calling dealerships over the years on cars that were never really for sale or had long sold.
Old 01-21-2015, 12:06 AM
nycjwi
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thousand oaks porsche is sitting on 3 right now and Christine at desert motors who is getting me my car might have one. he is selling at msrp!
good luck
Old 01-22-2015, 11:09 AM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nycjwi, you are correct about thousand oaks having 3 for sale. Each one they are asking $10k over sticker. They may be there for some time.
Old 01-22-2015, 02:46 PM
LooseMarble
Instructor

Originally Posted by DES GTS
As soon as RS allocations become official there should be a number of GT3s that become available.
This would be my thought too. Hang in there and don't do something crazy.

-RMcQ
Old 01-22-2015, 03:19 PM
Fowwiee
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LooseMarble

-RMcQ
True, I would expect the same, but it would most likely be used.

But, of cause, it would depend on how much the RS is going to cost, also how widely available those are going to be.

I would say, if you can find a reasonable deal at MSRP, take it. But I wouldn't do something crazy!
Old 01-22-2015, 08:53 PM
Ceepe
Rennlist Member

Received 582 Likes on 297 Posts

I have found a highly optioned example from the help of a rennlist member. The deal is looking fair.
I have always wanted an alcantara steering wheel and this car ironically has the leather wheel, but that is certainly not a reason to pass on the car. I had 4-5 people working on locating one and this is the only car that is actually available so far.

Looks like I will be getting it on Saturday if all goes well. They still have not seen my 50th which I will be trading, but the car is super clean.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:05 PM
Ceepe
Rennlist Member

Received 582 Likes on 297 Posts

Originally Posted by LooseMarble

-RMcQ
Good seeing you over here RMcQ!
Old 01-22-2015, 10:23 PM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 281 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Ceepe
I have found a highly optioned example from the help of a rennlist member. The deal is looking fair.
I have always wanted an alcantara steering wheel and this car ironically has the leather wheel, but that is certainly not a reason to pass on the car. I had 4-5 people working on locating one and this is the only car that is actually available so far.

Looks like I will be getting it on Saturday if all goes well. They still have not seen my 50th which I will be trading, but the car is super clean.
The leather steering wheel will hold up better than the alcantara from my experience.
Old 01-22-2015, 10:27 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by fastmd
The leather steering wheel will hold up better than the alcantara from my experience.
Alcantara doesn't wear. It gets dirty. Don't confuse wear with grime and grease matting down the fibers. Clean up the alcantara and it looks like new.
Old 01-22-2015, 10:31 PM
The Greek
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Alcantara doesn't wear. It gets dirty. Don't confuse wear with grime and grease matting down the fibers. Clean up the alcantara and it looks like new.
Respectively disagree. It definitely wears. Either the fibers pitting or the material rubbing off. Racing gloves speeds up the process.

With that in mind, would still get the Alcantara wheel. Love the feel, look, etc
Old 01-22-2015, 10:34 PM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 281 Likes on 102 Posts

Thanks. But I stand by my statement, it does wear, as does leather. Just less work to clean the the leather, .02.
Old 01-22-2015, 10:51 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by The Greek
Respectively disagree. It definitely wears. Either the fibers pitting or the material rubbing off. Racing gloves speeds up the process.

With that in mind, would still get the Alcantara wheel. Love the feel, look, etc
Originally Posted by fastmd
Thanks. But I stand by my statement, it does wear, as does leather. Just less work to clean the the leather, .02.
Maybe I'm not gripping the shifter or wheel hard enough or driving it enough, but 4 years later mine still look like new. That's with heavy track use and using gloves on track.
Old 01-22-2015, 11:24 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,046 Likes on 538 Posts

Tom, from TPC, cleaned up an older Alcantara wheel and it looked great when he was done. The white towel he used looked like crap when he finished.
Old 01-22-2015, 11:55 PM
Total911_GT3RS
Rennlist Member

Yes you are correct. Clean it up and it looks new. The steering wheel on my 2011 GT3RS is alcantara and looks like new. I wanted to ensure my GT3 had alcantara rather than leather. Just my preference over leather steering wheel.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:30 AM
DES GTS
Pro

Received 172 Likes on 107 Posts

I've ordered the alcantara wheel as well. I have a really nice multifunction wheel with carbon fibre inserts on my Panamera GTS and wanted my GT3 to be a bit different. I also sat in a GT3 with a leather wheel and found it a bit slippery relative to the alcantara which is, of course, quite grippy. In any event, if it wears that badly and can't be brought back to original condition, it can easily be replaced.

Quick Reply: I hear production has stopped, but I might have a car lined up.