Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Torn between GT3 and GTS cab!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 10:04 PM
Gravity
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get the gt3. There will be no regrets. Get a new or used boxster for the cab. The boxster is the 2nd most fun car to drive. And in the summer it's just such a great top down car.
Gt3. May be. As you say. Track focused. But it's only track focused if you want it to be.
It really is an amazing all round car. Docile if you want and truly impressive if you need. It's a daily driver with serious bite. My wife will no longer do twisties in the car with me. I had to stop while she was ill. Not the cars fault. I think it's the crappy driver. However. This car will surprise you as to its ability to go from sheep to lion. It really does. And with no compromise. It's up to you as the driver as to which way the car will perform.
Ps. Drive it like you stole it. When yours comes. In. The car wants it. You will see
Old 01-18-2015, 10:30 PM
john weires
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Get a GT3 while you can.
If you change your mind, it's resale value is likely to remain close to msrp for at least a year. You can always sell it and get the cab later with little penalty.
Old 01-19-2015, 11:46 AM
Porluv
Intermediate

Originally Posted by kyrocks
Sounds like a GTS Cab is the car for you.
Seems odd to cross shop a cab and a GT3. You need both.
Originally Posted by UAEGT3
one more thing to consider, given the nice weather we have now in the U.A.E I can see why would anyone would love a convertible. Perfect weather, but soon in 2 more months you wont even think of using it once the furnace is turned on and the temp plus humidity start to climb.
If you want I can invite you to the next GT3 meet we have and there will be more than 11 GT3s at once that you can see and feel, it might help in ur decision making.

But from what you have written so far it seems you have answered ur question and ur choice is a GTS. Both are great cars.
You're right UAEGT3 I know by the time I get any of the two the good weather (which is not very good today) will be over. Thanks for the invite I really appreciate it
Old 01-19-2015, 11:53 AM
Porluv
Intermediate

I think I'm going to NOTHING for now, just wait and see

Here is my build by the way

http://www.porsche-code.com/PF4KXPA2
Old 01-19-2015, 12:10 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get neither. Wait a few weeks till the RS is announced and order that. You are fortunate enough to be living in a city where any one who wants an RS can get one.

I have made the irrational and selfish choice of owning two two seater sport cars simultaneously, a 458 and gt3. I get flak from the family for this but u only live once. Yeah, I'll have to buy her rolex, diamonds...... but that's just an inconvenience.

And cabs suck, u look a plonker in them.
Old 01-19-2015, 12:13 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And check out this review.
Old 01-20-2015, 04:50 PM
midcont
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 32 Posts

If you wanted a manual it would be a much easier decision.

Quick Reply: Torn between GT3 and GTS cab!