991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: Honda NSX Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2016 | 06:03 PM
JCtx
Three Wheelin'

I don't know if I'm the only one, but it sounds like crap too. Haven't heard a single V6 that sounds nice. The I-6 is slightly better, but neither nowhere close to Porsche's H-6 with sport exhaust, which is one of the best sounding engines, period.
And at 3,900 lbs, it doesn't really belong on a circuit at all. It's even heavier than a GTR, and Honda couldn't even beat that dinosaur of a car at twice the price, and 3 more gears. As somebody mentioned, Honda is a joke nowadays in the motorsports world, including their disastrous engine entry into F1. I MUCH prefer a McLaren 570 all day long. I didn't mention Porsche, because no way I'd ever get any GT car in the near future, with their engine failure disaster now going on for 3 years.
Old 09-21-2016 | 09:12 AM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Haven't seen nor heard it in real life. I like the looks in the pics and vids. But really come on, it's such a heavy pig of a car, with manga-fied corvette interior. Way overpriced for what it offers ! It's one of the biggest failed releases in the sportscar world of the last decades. Honda missed the mark COMPLETELY, as they did in F1. Must have been the current F1 crew that was at work on the NSX project.
Old 09-21-2016 | 09:30 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Rode in a friend's, kept trying to smile, come up with questions and act impressed, but couldn't wait to get out of it. Sounded mundane, looked mundane, was not fast and even the owner complained it was heavy. The new nsx is a big FAIL in the strongest sense of the word. Massively long gestation period, yet still missed the competitive mark. @$200k the mclaren 570 blows it out of the water... @$100k I would probably consider an nsx if I wanted a heavy Japanese sports car. I don't see this selling for more than a few years before they pull it completely. Will languish on lots.
Old 09-21-2016 | 09:34 AM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Rode in a friend's, kept trying to smile, come up with questions and act impressed, but couldn't wait to get out of it. Sounded mundane, looked mundane, was not fast and even the owner complained it was heavy. The new nsx is a big FAIL in the strongest sense of the word. Massively long gestation period, yet still missed the competitive mark. @$200k the mclaren 570 blows it out of the water... @$100k I would probably consider an nsx if I wanted a heavy Japanese sports car. I don't see this selling for more than a few years before they pull it completely. Will languish on lots.
How was it not fast?
Old 09-21-2016 | 09:45 AM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM
You're missing out with the dash off... But no brown it's not my thing...not at all!
I was able to play with it... the infotainment system and all. Not bad but not groundbreaking neither, again at this caliber. I actually like the R8/Huracan electronics interface more. Needless to say I am close to pulling back my refundable deposit on one (since last year)... even though I can eventually build one at msrp late this year, I am having reservations. I expected more... to be awed and I wasn't. The heavy curb weight alone is a big downer for a high-performance entry-level supercar like this. IMO this car should have weighed no more than ~3300 lbs. In real world tests, we now see it's fast... but it could have been faster if weight management was paramount during R&D.
Old 09-21-2016 | 09:57 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM
How was it not fast?
I had a chance to drive the 570S about a month after driving the NSX at a press event, and the NSX definitely felt slower than the 570S.
Old 09-22-2016 | 01:54 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
I had a chance to drive the 570S about a month after driving the NSX at a press event, and the NSX definitely felt slower than the 570S.
The 570S is a 3150lb car...at the end of the day the Macs change direction and brake with fluidity and are just more usable. The NSX to me is not worth it- considering the current options for 170-230k

580-2
610-4
Turbo S
GT3RS
570S
570GT

- I like the way all of these cars look, drive, sound, and handle. I have not driven the 580-2 but I can't imagine the NSX feeling more fun- it definitely does not sound better.

Quick Reply: OT: Honda NSX Hybrid