Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Meet Barbara Boeckenhoff, the new Manager of 'Porsche Exclusive' in the US!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2015 | 06:16 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

My experience with Exclusive thus far has been akin to being handed a menu in a restaurant with dozens of choices only to be told the kitchen won't prepare any of them.
Old 01-10-2015 | 06:49 PM
grendel88
Instructor

Originally Posted by djcxxx
My experience with Exclusive thus far has been akin to being handed a menu in a restaurant with dozens of choices only to be told the kitchen won't prepare any of them.
Or worse yet, order, wait a few hours, then told to wait a few more, and then have order finally cancelled and told to take whatever they have left in the kitchen.
Old 01-10-2015 | 10:54 PM
amfp
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by grendel88
Or worse yet, order, wait a few hours, then told to wait a few more, and then have order finally cancelled and told to take whatever they have left in the kitchen.
Me too. Lots of fun an excitement in beginning.

I was stood up twice at the alter for different model years, GT3 and TTS. Its just unfortunate the US team has no real influence as Germany makes all final decisions. Never again for my Porsche premier dealership (one of the largest) as its a very time consuming process with little, if any, positives to close deals.
Old 01-11-2015 | 12:40 PM
911Königin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LexVan
The viper green is a fun color. Don't know if I'd want to own it, but it's fun to look at. The rest of the car is pretty fugly.
+991
Old 01-11-2015 | 12:57 PM
STG
Race Director

Something to get people excited... I think they succeeded.

Only an obnoxious interior would get people talking. Anything that actually looks good speaks for itself....
Old 01-11-2015 | 06:51 PM
WSH
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by djcxxx
+1
This whole "Exclusive" thing is a joke...they want you to buy the suitcases and wallets in the BH store (I've been there), not actually spec a car.

Want to see how much BS is involved in Exclusive ?
Ask about the following 3 requests:

1) PTS on a 991
2) STANDARD red or beige interior on a GT3 (not a leather-to-sample color, just the same red or tan as available on any other 911 or Boxster)
3) Red PCCB calipers

The answer is NO to all 3 very simple requests.

Bill
Old 01-11-2015 | 08:18 PM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

I'm really surprised that a female option that horrible Viper Green disaster. Black headlight washers? Yellow seat belts? I find it's usually the guys that do stupid stuff like this. You couldn't pay me to drive around in that goofmobile.

I nominate myself to go interview Porsche Exclusive. Give me a crack at them, please...
Old 01-11-2015 | 09:29 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by Money2536
I'm really surprised that a female option that horrible Viper Green disaster. Black headlight washers? Yellow seat belts? I find it's usually the guys that do stupid stuff like this. You couldn't pay me to drive around in that goofmobile. I nominate myself to go interview Porsche Exclusive. Give me a crack at them, please...
It's one fugly car!
Old 01-11-2015 | 09:32 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by WSH
+1 This whole "Exclusive" thing is a joke...they want you to buy the suitcases and wallets in the BH store (I've been there), not actually spec a car. Want to see how much BS is involved in Exclusive ? Ask about the following 3 requests: 1) PTS on a 991 2) STANDARD red or beige interior on a GT3 (not a leather-to-sample color, just the same red or tan as available on any other 911 or Boxster) 3) Red PCCB calipers The answer is NO to all 3 very simple requests. Bill
But they'll sell you a 20K luggage set for a 918 right?

Seeing one of the showrooms is in BH says it all.
Old 01-11-2015 | 10:45 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

I think its impressive that Porsche Exclusive build a car to demonstate HOW NOT TO DO IT!
Old 01-11-2015 | 10:52 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Haku
I think its impressive that Porsche Exclusive build a car to demonstate HOW NOT TO DO IT!

No Kidding!!!
Old 01-12-2015 | 04:03 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Stupid stuff like this?

Originally Posted by Money2536
I'm really surprised that a female option that horrible Viper Green disaster. Black headlight washers? Yellow seat belts? I find it's usually the guys that do stupid stuff like this. You couldn't pay me to drive around in that goof mobile. I nominate myself to go interview Porsche Exclusive. Give me a crack at them, please...
A female didn't optioned the 'Viper Green' MY2014 911 Turbo S Cabriolet. Sascha Glaeser, a male, ordered this showcar for 'Porsche Exclusive' in the West Coast. Barbara Boeckenhoff had nothing to do with it! (see previous posts attached below). This car was ordered way before Barbara took up her position as new manager for 'Porsche Exclusive' in the US.

And what is wrong with ordering 'black' headlight washers when you have CXX 'black' rear view mirrors and 'black' rear spoiler? I think it goes well with the theme. A 'Porsche Exclusive' showcars is meant to show the possibilities of individual configuration. It all depends on individual taste and budget. I agree with you that Sascha didn't select the most appealing interior in our estimation...but it's meant to show only the various possibilities available to to a customer of 'Porsche Exclusive'.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Originally Posted by GT TREE
This could be the worst spec / color combo I ever have seen. Where did Black and White come into play…..
Originally Posted by Z356
The answer to your question is: In the fertile mind of former 'Porsche Exclusive' (PCNA) manager Sascha Glaeser! The latter had an enormous love for the 'Black/White' two-tone seat combos. That is what he did on this very expensive 'Porsche Exclusive' MY2014 showcar for the West Coast - 'Black with Pebble Grey' seat inlays with a 'Viper Green' exterior:

And he was pretty consistent - I would say insistent - on this leather interior treatment. Back in 2012, he ordered his West Coast 'Porsche Exclusive' 991 showcar to be a 'Racing Yellow' 991S with a 'Black/Platinum Grey' interior. Same same but different!

This past summer, Melissa Witek of 'Porsche Exclusve' (East Coast) made a point of distancing herself from Sascha's 'Orca/Killer Whale' interior theme on the $246K MSRP 'Viper' 911 Turbo S Cabriolet, which debuted at the PCA Parade in Monterey. 'That was Sascha's idea, not mine' she pointedly told me!

And I say it's time to 'Free *****' & return him to the wild. Please let's be done with this interior color theme on the PCNA showcars!

Old 01-13-2015 | 01:15 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Z356
Good to know you were able to get the yellow marker on you gt3 Alcantara steering wheel. That is normally reserved exclusively for the 'RS' models. Looking forward to seeing it on your car. What did that cost you extra via CXX?

Being CEO does have its privileges!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

is that MMs car? any more pictures or details?

Quick Reply: Meet Barbara Boeckenhoff, the new Manager of 'Porsche Exclusive' in the US!