Sponsored by:

Z06 Kaboom at under 900 miles!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 09:21 PM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Porsche had just two documented failures and yet replaced ALL engines to ensure the problem wouldn't repeat, provided loaners, compensation, extended warranty, and now, a complimentary Porsche Experience event.
and with the usual marque- commensurate superb corporate communications and customer service that kept all its affected owners and waiters extremely informed and satisfied every step of the way with no prodding , well documented here , as opposed to the GM way !

Old 12-31-2014, 10:14 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by MKW
and with the usual marque- commensurate superb corporate communications and customer service that kept all its affected owners and waiters extremely informed and satisfied every step of the way with no prodding , well documented here , as opposed to the GM way !
Not trying to throw stones here but.....

It's true Porsche's communication left something to be desired on occasion but in the end the resolution of their problem was very impressive. When compared to the "GM way" that allows a defect which caused 42 deaths to go unaddressed for more than a decade, as a consumer I think I'd personally choose the "Porsche way".

If the engine problem ends up being more than just an isolated incident, I hope for the sake of 2015 Z06 owners that GM has found a "new way".
Old 01-29-2015, 04:40 AM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Given the well documented Z06 engine failure GM has now instructed 1st oil change at 500 mi into break in. Taking mine in next week.

BTW - They replaced the blown engine quickly in that car real fast, but did not release info on what actually failed.

Quick Reply: Z06 Kaboom at under 900 miles!