Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who signed my GT3?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2014 | 01:37 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by doubleurx
I don't get why people knock PD all the time. He brings a lot to the sport and is really passionate about racing. He does a ton of charity work as well. I'd venture to guess his skills are on par with some of the best on these forums, and probably exceeds most.
Nick, you're trying to be reasonable and fair. There's simply no place for that on the interwebs!

PS I agree with you...
Old 12-28-2014 | 01:45 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cal911
Please don't use the name Patrick Dempsey in the same sentence with Paul Newman....ever!!!
ok, ok. Fair enough. But you know what im sayin
Old 12-28-2014 | 01:51 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

come to think of it, i recall a 2005 Mustang factory grand-am race car as raced by Patrick Dempsey sold at Barrett-Jackson for twice what it was worth to a wealthy women in the crowd.

Just bonkers, but alas it fetched the cash.
Old 12-28-2014 | 09:02 PM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Glen
All I know is that he knelt down and spent a VERY long time with the kids who were suffering with Neurofibromatosis at the 24 hours of Daytona in 2010...he was very accomodating and even signed some stuff for my kids school auction. When we were side by side in practice going into 1...seemed like a good driver to me...

Paul Newmans best line at Daytona...

Walks into Mens Urinal in driving suit...takes a little time to get going so to speak while young pro driver zips in and out so to speak...as young driver leaves urinal...
Paul.."Show off!" LOL
That's great to hear. I'm sure he's a great guy and sounds like pretty appreciative of the good fortunes in life that he's received. A welcomed thing to hear when compared to the river full of entitlement that many of Hollywoods elitists demand. And trust me, living in the shadows of "Hollywood" I've seen many that would make your head spin.
Originally Posted by doubleurx
I don't get why people knock PD all the time. He brings a lot to the sport and is really passionate about racing. He does a ton of charity work as well. I'd venture to guess his skills are on par with some of the best on these forums, and probably exceeds most.
100% agree!

Imagine how much of a premium one of Paul Walkers cars would sell for if it were signed and verified that he previously owned it. Even if Patrick Dempsey goes on to live a long and healthy life (which hopefully he does!), I'd imagine because of his passion for cars, pedigree as a racer and his visibility as an established actor, his cars will always command a premium over an equally spec'd car.

Congrats to the OP on the unexpected surprise!
Old 12-28-2014 | 09:03 PM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
dude!

In regards to the signature and owner history, perhaps in time it would make the car interesting and perhaps command a slight premium?
Just look at the Jon Voight car... lol.
HAHAHAHA that was the best response ever!
Old 12-29-2014 | 12:32 AM
HRE Wheels
Former Vendor

Yeah, if this is Lisa's "old" GT3, we believe it's Dempsey's, as he signed her GT3RS as well.
Old 12-29-2014 | 12:47 AM
GT3Lebanon
1st Gear

Default WHO CARES ?

Originally Posted by bigkraig
Does anyone recognize these signatures? I found them on the under side of the hood.

Really ? who cares who signed your GT3 ...I think you 're probably doing this to attract comments
Old 12-29-2014 | 10:33 AM
bigkraig
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by HRE Wheels
Yeah, if this is Lisa's "old" GT3, we believe it's Dempsey's, as he signed her GT3RS as well.
This is Lisa's car, I picked it up when she traded it in for the GO.
Old 12-29-2014 | 10:34 AM
bigkraig
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GT3Lebanon
Really ? who cares who signed your GT3 ...I think you 're probably doing this to attract comments
I just wanted to know who signed it.
Old 12-29-2014 | 10:40 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

That's a lovely (not) and provocative first post!
30+ posts on this thread means folks and the op do care.

Btw, welcome to the forum and chill.
Old 12-29-2014 | 11:01 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Haku
That's a lovely (not) and provocative first post! 30+ posts on this thread means folks and the op do care. Btw, welcome to the forum and chill.
+1

Relax man,what's the big deal...you'd be surprised how much info can be found about a car or dealer by posting here! You learn from other people experience...that's what Rennlist is all about...
Old 12-29-2014 | 11:08 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

The holidays bring out the grumpiest people...

Fyi, the whole purpose of a thread IS to elicit comments. Otherwise all threads would have one post....
Old 12-29-2014 | 11:10 AM
HRE Wheels
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by bigkraig
This is Lisa's car, I picked it up when she traded it in for the GO.
Yep, then it's most likely his. Congrats!
Old 12-29-2014 | 11:15 AM
0Q991
Drifting

Originally Posted by orthojoe
The holidays bring out the grumpiest people... Fyi, the whole purpose of a thread IS to elicit comments. Otherwise all threads would have one post....
Totally agree.
Old 12-29-2014 | 11:32 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Relax man,what's the big deal...you'd be surprised how much info can be found about a car or dealer by posting here! You learn from other people experience...that's what Rennlist is all about...[/QUOTE]

Totally agree, well said.

Quick Reply: Who signed my GT3?